Laphin

Laphin's Official Video Thread! - Tune Here for Updated Content!

254 posts in this topic

I was originally REALLY disappointed hearing about the delay. (It felt like we where almost there...)

However the news that all current pre orders will be getting close beta access before the end of the year. (ACTUAL GAME PLAY) Changed my opinion.

This is LIFE if so! I wanna get my fix this year of what they have to offer lol.

I'm able to accept the delay cause new content is coming, that's the amazing part.

Hearing this about beta keys...I'm ecstatic again if for sure. Cause I made my pre-order I believe june or july at sometime.

wait so if we pre-ordered it, we get a closed beta key?

It has been mentioned that if you pre-ordered BEFORE this announcement your in the closed beta and get 4 friend keys to give out.

And thats cool news for those of us who pre ordered.

2 people like this

It has been mentioned that if you pre-ordered BEFORE this announcement your in the closed beta and get 4 friend keys to give out.

And thats cool news for those of us who pre ordered.

That's cool. Well I guess me and the rest of us has 4 keys on hand.

I will be sure to make a thread to give out keys that people can contact me via pm.

For the code and what not. I don't know people who would like to play this game.

So I would be happy to make anyones day on the start of close beta day for everyone to

participate with a key in hand. ;-)

1 person likes this

When I read the announcement I was shocked with surprise and excited more for Gun and wondering if someone gave them a huge funding for it! I'm so excited for them to add single player even though I am more excited for multiplayer but now we get more content long shelf life!

The delay I'm not concerned about let them take as long as they need!

I'm pumped!!!!!!

People on the facebook page are f..king crying like little babies about the delay

1 person likes this

English is hard to me, i write this in other post because i see any people are frustrate for the delayed. 

I copy and paste and i so sorry again for my bad english.

Keep in mind that this game comes out on consoles too. That is, if they bring the game "today" and  two months later put a patch on console they  must pay for that  patch  because that requires several processes validation by Sony and Microsoft.

It is not as simple as u think  of taking a game console version. If you are a big company because you do not care much. But if you're an indie developer with a limited money you cant  paying for each upgrade.  U need added  everything as possible to minimize the number of patches required for your game.

pd: sorry for my english all time.

edit: I try to "repair" my bad english u_u
1 person likes this

Thanks for the video, Laphin. I have enjoyed watching you and Charmin stream DbD.

It's a shame we'll have to wait longer to play this (and see you guys on it as well), and I've seen a few saying they wanted the Beta as Kickstarter exclusive.

Those are about the only two cons I can think of. Well, and the lack of a console Beta but that always seemed very unlikely and the situation is the same there as before.

For the pros, it's loud and clear. Tommy's been hinted for a while so great to have him in (hope it's the Part 6 version) and, while I'm more hyped for the MP, the Single Player and AI bot play will really add to the game's appeal and lifespan. We're gettting the Packanak Lodge area and the extra time should also allow them to polish up, playtest further and refine.

So the wait is on, but all the extra features and polish will make it worthwhile in the end. Delays always suck but a rushed product is even worse, and a delay that adds to both the quality and quantity of a game's content is not a bad thing.

Roll on Spring 2017!

This is the first time ever where a game delay in the industry is actually something to CELEBRATE about, lol.   A lot of us looked forward to the multiplayer regardless whether it included single player or not, but now with the developers putting every effort with the budget they have to include offline singleplayer so a single person can play the game offline with all the multiplayer content accessible, all the modes, playable with offline a.i. bots,  that immortalizes this game like the classic F13th NES game that can still be played to this day, generations later.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUw3PAhpNzU

So all the camp counselor classes are playable offline single player, all the maps (oh yes and they announced a new map too!  I think from part 2!!)  all the costumes, all the gameplay and more!!    This is going to help the game, developers and fans in the long run.

Everyone in the back of their mind knew that this game would only get like half of the sales without the freedom to play the game's modes offline with bots.   This is something all games should have, even multiplayer specialized games.   WWE, Perfect Dark, Timesplitters and other games that center on multiplayer, are still playable offline.   So that is great this game no longer depends on servers to play it.  Single player is a great last resort whenever someone doesn't have internet, or the servers are down, or have maintanence. 

being able to play the multiplayer modes offline as any camp counselor we want, really allows the game to be played any time and in any household so long as there is electricity, of course.   :) 

I thank the developers for their extra effort and dedication to really make this the definitive Friday the 13th game and the new standard for this genre.

I was originally REALLY disappointed hearing about the delay. (It felt like we where almost there...)

However the news that all current pre orders will be getting close beta access before the end of the year. (ACTUAL GAME PLAY) Changed my opinion.

94a6349422350d6a7480538a5b10c5cde6e2ab52

I frequent many forums and one of the biggest gripes a lot of folks have about F13 is a lack of game play footage. The recent no mans sky debacle has left many gamers unwilling to trust new games without some kind of in depth game play demo.

And I plan to help do my part with this. Ive hit up a few twitch streamers I know, and IF the BETA isn't under an NDA I plan to give all the friend codes I get to them.

Having more eyes and more play hours on the test for this game in combination with the delay should REALLY help the illphonic/gun media guys get the input they need to make this game amazing.

And folks finally get the game play footage everyone is waiting for... EVERYONE WINS! :D

I agree with this post...  (I'm gonna play devil's advocate)

The delay announcement is a dark spot for this game.. ESPECIALLY around Halloween, ESPECIALLY with the awkward (after Holiday release), the beta seems to be the only shining light the game has left to keep people interested.  Having read many of my own youtube comments, and the comments on Gun Media's own channel, people are tired of the teasing.  They just want to see the game being played.  Because gameplay will set in stone a person's decision on buying this title.

What is happening NOW is the same thing that happens for every game prior to release... People want to see gameplay or they don't invest in the title.  I'm very much the same way.  It's just the way we work, because we want to know what our hard earned $59.99 (example) is going to.  We don't want trailers, teasers, or pictures... we just want to play the game and... "Will this be fun for me to actually play"  That's what people want to know right now. 

Because the game is delayed (especially around this month) is a huge let down for some...  the biggest thing people will be parading from now until the Beta release, is... "GAMEPLAY.  GAMEPLAY. GAMEPLAY." 

People are afraid this game is going to tank because of the lack of gameplay shown to them. 

[End Devil's Advocate]

I stand by this game, Friday the 13th has been a dream game of mine since I was in elementary school.  Falling away from it so easily?  Won't happen for me, but for the mass public, big question is.. HOW is Gun going to reassure the crowd.  There are basically TWO things they can do right now.   Get that Beta ready.  Or... They are going to have to market out some pretty exciting material to keep people on the edge of their seat UNTIL that beta comes out.

3 people like this

The delay is by a season or do and we are already halfway through Fall. We still get the beta in fall, and content will no doubt be viewable.

Not only that, more people get beta keys, including me! Yay!

So, the only ones upset by this would be the ungrateful and the console players (which isn't even Gun Media's fault).

I stand by this game, Friday the 13th has been a dream game of mine since I was in elementary school.  Falling away from it so easily?  Won't happen for me, but for the mass public, big question is.. HOW is Gun going to reassure the crowd.  There are basically TWO things they can do right now.   Get that Beta ready.  Or... They are going to have to market out some pretty exciting material to keep people on the edge of their seat UNTIL that beta comes out.

It's a very good point, and I do hope that Gun & Illfonic have some cool stuff to show off for the remainder of the year beyond pictures and descriptions.

Single Player and AI bots have been asked and asked and asked about, and that's due to happen, so it's the unexpected surprises and some solid foundations that would be great to see. I know a Counselor highlight video has been mentioned and, personally, that's what I'd really love to see more than anything next. We have a pretty nice handle on Jason, now let's really get those guys covered and get people invested in that too. It's really a big key to avoid people just wanting to be Jason and nothing else (or at least minimise it!)

I'm not concerned about some exodus of interest due to the delay, not in any way that won't pick attention right up again and likely stronger by the release next year, but these last couple-and-a-bit months of 2016 when the game was due to come out are now a really, really good time to bang the drum loud.

It's a very good point, and I do hope that Gun & Illfonic have some cool stuff to show off for the remainder of the year beyond pictures and descriptions.

Single Player and AI bots have been asked and asked and asked about, and that's due to happen, so it's the unexpected surprises and some solid foundations that would be great to see. I know a Counselor highlight video has been mentioned and, personally, that's what I'd really love to see more than anything next. We have a pretty nice handle on Jason, now let's really get those guys covered and get people invested in that too. It's really a big key to avoid people just wanting to be Jason and nothing else (or at least minimise it!)

I'm not concerned about some exodus of interest due to the delay, not in any way that won't pick attention right up again and likely stronger by the release next year, but these last couple-and-a-bit months of 2016 when the game was due to come out are now a really, really good time to bang the drum loud.

When the beta releases and people start playing and recording it hype will reignite.

Personally think it's a good idea to put single player as a priority. Increases longevity if you don't feel like playing online or wanna practice.

Further than it already is.

funny jon makes a topic about a delay and wants people to discuss it till he gets mad like a child and banns them for not agreeing with him and his followers.

the biggest thing people will be parading from now until the Beta release, is... "GAMEPLAY.  GAMEPLAY. GAMEPLAY." 

Ive been on twitch, multiple forums and even the Dead By Daylight reddit.

And there is definite hype for this game. But it ALL comes back to a lack of game play footage.

All rebuttals all retorts become... But all we have seen is a glorified tech demo and a kill Montague.

And I cant disagree. Because theirs no argument to make... they are right XD

So as soon as we get some game play, than we have some ammunition to argue with.

I dont think the hype will die off before the beta because of the delay... but it will definitely wane without some kind of support.

1 person likes this

What's the Tom Savini Jason supposed to be?

That information is still top secret! 

Hey there victims and killers!

I have made up a discussion video from my channel where we get to chat live about Friday the 13th.

I thought it would be more fun and interesting to do this as a group chat, by the fire.

In this next part, we discuss asymmetrical horror genre and how it's starting to grow and become a big thing.

I also talk about some of the gameplay mechanics that Gun & Illfonic have been adding.

Let me know if I should do more of these, and if you all are interested in watching.

How often would you all like to see these kinds of videos??

If you haven't seen my other camp fire videos, or F13 stuff, you can find the whole playlist here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq6gMXQQGvALpUE_xiQjQF0A8H6285rKO

1 person likes this

It's hard for me to understand English when I reading or I writing in English, it is even more difficult when I hear someone speaking in English. I tried watching your video, I really love your voice, but I do not understand what you say, my English is not so advanced. I'm sure it's a great video, graphic and music selections are amazing. I will try to lear more English listening to your videos, so PLEASE, not stop talking about F13.

P.S.: Sorry for my English

It's hard for me to understand English when I reading or I writing in English, it is even more difficult when I hear someone speaking in English. I tried watching your video, I really love your voice, but I do not understand what you say, my English is not so advanced. I'm sure it's a great video, graphic and music selections are amazing. I will try to lear more English listening to your videos, so PLEASE, not stop talking about F13.

P.S.: Sorry for my English

Laphin I like your videos they are always fun, I liked your pumpkin winner walk through, did you see my final Slasher Backer 3 movie yet? Survival Girl I wonder if there is some sort of Audio Translator out there either an App or program?

Laphin has subtitles in the videos, but the subtitles are in English too, and I can't listen and read at the same time, I need a minute to think about I read and what I listen, especially pronunciaton, and it is difficult.

Definetly you guys need learn Spanish hahaha Now seriously, Laphin, Do not have problems with copyright because of music you use in your videos?

Laphin has subtitles in the videos, but the subtitles are in English too, and I can't listen and read at the same time, I need a minute to think about I read and what I listen, especially pronunciaton, and it is difficult.

Definetly you guys need learn Spanish hahaha Now seriously, Laphin, Do not have problems with copyright because of music you use in your videos?

El aprendizaje es para personas tontas. ¿Por qué saber cuándo puede utilizar Google Translate?

El aprendizaje es para personas tontas. ¿Por qué saber cuándo puede utilizar Google Translate?

Because Google Translate not always right. "El aprendizaje es para personas tontas" is correct, but  "El aprendizaje es para idiotas" is better. I think Google Translate don't understand the argot.

Anyway, it was only a joke, I like the English language.

Thanks you guys & gals, I will continue to make these.  I know folks are enjoying them, and everyone loves coming in and being able to talk about the game live.

I'd love for it to catch on and Gun Media can dish out gameplay teasers, and that'd give me more material.

Also any kind of topics that YOU guys may think of, just dish them out here, and I'll start a new video on it.  Thanks!

You guys keep these goin' for sure.

Thanks you guys & gals, I will continue to make these. I know folks are enjoying them, and everyone loves coming in and being able to talk about the game live.

I'd love for it to catch on and Gun Media can dish out gameplay teasers, and that'd give me more material.

Also any kind of topics that YOU guys may think of, just dish them out here, and I'll start a new video on it. Thanks!

You guys keep these goin' for sure.

I just finished your video and loved it man, I love sitting by the fire listening to all the ideas! I also liked your dream warrior idea and positive on future games! Again keep it up even after release, I'll keep watching!