Malevolence

Bought Virtual Cabin, no confirmation email?

25 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked, but I bought the virtual cabin and put in all my info including credit card. The only kind of confirmation I received was a screen saying id be charged close to October. Will I be charged on the 30th and get an email or did something mess up and it didn't go through?

You should get a confirmation email, but it isn't instant sometimes.

It's been like two days. I went through the motion to do it again but don't wanna be charged twice

I think there may be am issue with backer kits email conformation system. I recently ordered a digital copy for a friend. While I did not get a confirmation e-mail there is a temp authorization of a dollar by stripe meaning they tested the card. You may want to e-mail backer kit to verify as well. Not sure what the issue would be on backer kits end but there has been a few instances of this that I heard about recently.

Yeah I got 0 activity in regards to this on my account, I sent kick starter an email asking about it and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the replies, just don't wanna miss out on the cabin or helping them out some more.

Be sure to also check your spam folders. Some people had this issue during the Kickstarter.

Yeah first place I checked was the junk folder. I'm leaning towards just doing it again.

So I contacted Kickstarter, they have a horrible support team.  Ended up sending Randy a message directly, someone left a comment saying they'd had the same issue but I've received no input on what it means.  I'm only leaving comments at this point in case someone else is having issues and looking for answers.

I didn't get any kind of confirmation either.  When was the official day that people were supposed to get confirmation e-mails about the Virtual Cabin??

For me specifically, I backed the Kickstarter first.. and then when they started their Slasher Backer, I remember receiving the promotion for adding the Virtual Cabin onto my order and I did that.

Maybe that complicated things, I don't know.

Will it cause any problem that i placed an order the cabin and the game together ? Because i havent gotten any email so far

Edit : unless the order confirmation and the update mails

1 person likes this

There has been reports of no e-mails being sent on orders placed. It has even happened to me when I bought a digital key for a friend.

I would check with backer kit and see if they can give you any idea about your order. There may just be issues with backer kits e-mail notifications.

Just to finish this up, I did get the cabin everything went smooth. Installed and went through the cabin. Thanks for everything guys.

What do you need for the cabin btw? Like, I have an old macbook, and I am wondering if it will fun on it. It's something you download?

What do you need for the cabin btw? Like, I have an old macbook, and I am wondering if it will fun on it. It's something you download?

im not sure of the system requirements but its a code for steam and u download it through that

Thanks! Tried to download Steam. My Mac is too old to run it. Haha. I guess I'll wait then. 

im told i dont have enough memory......ughhhh

I don't dare on my shitty computer! Once I get my new one then I'll order it!

Okay. Sorry for the late replies on this thread. Been working support on every page we have, lol. 

The cabin is PC only. Mac does not have support just yet. 

We are manually sending keys out from Randy. The best way to contact us to definitely and immediately get our attention is f13game@fearthegun.com, PM me here, contact our Facebook Messages, leave a message on our FB page or even DM us on Twitter. A direct point of contact with a member of Gun will always get you a response. We read the forums, we check every comment on Twitter and we read every comment on Facebook...but that could result in us missing something...its thousands and thousands of comments a day and only a couple of us here at Gun. 

Any and all cabin issues, please contact us directly. Payment issues, contact support@backerkit.com. Kickstarter has nothing to do with this item, just fyi. It is definitely a bit confusing. :/ 

Soooooo, that being said; glad things worked out. If you have any more issues, you have our best contact info :)

Hi gang!

Does anyone know how long approximately it takes to receive the steam code to download virtual cabin after doing a pre-order?  Does doing a pre-order for the game at the same time affect getting the VC (as it says card will not be charged until closer to the release of the game)?  Sorry if this has been covered previously.  Just wondering if I will receive a code by email to use on my steam account. 

Thanks in advance for the input.

1 person likes this

Hi gang!

Does anyone know how long approximately it takes to receive the steam code to download virtual cabin after doing a pre-order? Does doing a pre-order for the game at the same time affect getting the VC (as it says card will not be charged until closer to the release of the game)? Sorry if this has been covered previously. Just wondering if I will receive a code by email to use on my steam account.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Codes will be e-mailed and they are being done manually. Be on the look out for an e-mail from Randy Greenback from Gun Media.

How long does it take usually to get the code. Is there some sort of grace period? Like 2 days or so.

Shouldn't be all too long. Like said above its not automatic and it is sent manually. When did you order?