Laphin

Jason Takes Manhattan Map Pack & A Message To The Team

46 posts in this topic

a Times Square map would be awesome. Especially if we could mow down NPCs.

1 person likes this

I think instead the Sewer System and the Alleys should be on the same map.  Or, have the Sewer System have an above-ground section that just have less to access than the Alleys.

I was thinking of some Environmental Kill ideas for these maps.

THE LAZARUS:

Easily the hardest one for me to make ideas for.  Hell, don't really have many more ideas than this:

• Anchor Kill

Jason pushes the counselor next to a drawn Anchor, putting his foot on their chest.  Jason picks up the anchor and with both hands smashes it down on their face as their face caves in.

• Side-Boat Kill

Jason throws the counselor, their back to the side of the boat, the back of their head able to peak over the side while the body is against the "wall" on the side of the ship.  Jason kicks their head and snaps their neck, then he lifts their limp legs up and throws them off the ship (last part optional)

• Side-Boat Kill (alternative)

Jason smashes their head against the edge, then he lifts them up and throws them off the boat.

THE ALLEY/SEWER:

• Sludge Barrel Swirly

Jason takes the victim by the legs and plunges them into a sludge/water barrel until they drown, the drops them inside so their legs poke out.

This is all I remember, I haven't watched Jason Takes Manhattan.

Why would you want to make a map for a bad movie?

That has nothing to do with this game, or the map.

I don't care for part V, but I'd buy a Roy DLC and play as him. The potential for the Manhattan map, or any others, is endless.

I don't think the idea of Times Square with NPC will serve in multiplayer. I think that map would serve more in the single player, having to kill your targets without being seen by people who travel in Manhatthan.

For the multiplayer would leave:

-Lazarus (without NPC, at most the captain's body and others thrown at random)

-Alleys / Sewers (without NPC)

That has nothing to do with this game, or the map.

I don't care for part V, but I'd buy a Roy DLC and play as him. The potential for the Manhattan map, or any others, is endless.

Roy would be rather useless in the context of the game. He wasn't supernatural at all, he was just a nutter in a doofy looking mask.

I agree with Laphin on this one!I too would like to see the movie city we never got and I raise my machete in support of this!

Roy would be rather useless in the context of the game. He wasn't supernatural at all, he was just a nutter in a doofy looking mask.

A normal nutter with super strenght and resistance* just give it to him The same skills that Jason, without The Pamela's voice.

+Can Run

+Morph

+Stalk

-Defense

-Stun Resistance

-Sense

A normal nutter with super strenght and resistance* just give it to him The same skills that Jason, without The Pamela's voice.

+Can Run

+Morph

+Stalk

-Defense

-Stun Resistance

-Sense

Sorry dude I see no evidence of "super strength" from Roy.

Well maybe not super strength like "lightning struck Jason" demonstrated in part VI, but you have to admit he was still pretty strong for a normal guy when you see him bursting through a door like it was nothing.

1 person likes this

Well maybe not super strength like "lightning struck Jason" demonstrated in part VI, but you have to admit he was still pretty strong for a normal guy when you see him bursting through a door like it was nothing.

Yeah he's about as strong as Jason in part 3.

1 person likes this

Lifting Violet one handed and tossing old George like a sack of potatoes. As others have said, it might not be supernatural, but it sure isn't realistic. 

Lifting Violet one handed and tossing old George like a sack of potatoes. As others have said, it might not be supernatural, but it sure isn't realistic. 

Honestly think that's to keep the audience thinking it was Jason so he had to keep the mannerisms.

In any other context what he does wouldn't make too much sense.  I don't think Kane would suit Roy.  Plus unmasking Roy wouldn't be that scary.

It's a dude with a face.

IDK, if he ever is considered, I'd have him be the last Jason.

Honestly think that's to keep the audience thinking it was Jason so he had to keep the mannerisms.

In any other context what he does wouldn't make too much sense. I don't think Kane would suit Roy. Plus unmasking Roy wouldn't be that scary.

It's a dude with a face.

IDK, if he ever is considered, I'd have him be the last Jason.

The super strenght you're talking about comes from Part 6. Part 2, 3 and 4 doesn't have that levels Of strenght. And you know what? They increase The power and the height. They can make The same with Roy, it's just a skin. JGTH doesn't have The swap body, just a skin.

1 person likes this

Here's my toughts on a Manhattan Dlc.

I also think that it should be split in 2 maps,the boat and part of the city.

For the Lazarus ship it should not be a problem since it's basically a cruise ship stranded at sea,unlike a map set on land you dont need to put mountains/cliffs/rocks or blocked roads to make the limit of a map since the borders of the ship ARE the limit of the map with vast waters stretching toward the horizon.

As for the city,i would take out the streets portion and only keep the alleys,rooftops and underground sewer tunnels and make it into a multi-floors map.

Like the map wouldnt be that large compared to other maps,but it would consist of those three sections,the roofs being the upper level,the alleys+abandoned buildings being the middle levels and the sewers (and maybe subway tunnels) being the lower level.

I think that adding a streets section (Madison Square) or a restaurant then adding civillians bots would probably take too much work to do,so it would be better to not add that.

True for Lazarus, but indeed it would be difficult to find more than one means of escape.

One should be a Raft boat.  Maybe you have to repair it or patch a hole in the boat before it can go.  Holds two people.

Another means of escape could be calling the police and escaping by Rescue Helicopter, which would allow four people to escape and no more.

I think one unique way of escape that would be cool.  You could drive the boat, or "drive the boat" toward a patch of random land and escape that way.

Heres what would happen:

• You would need to pilot the ship.  You do this by activating the steering wheel.  A small meter fills up when you activate it and your character automatically drives the boat.
  • The meter shows you how close your character is making it toward land.
  • While driving, you have to do various skill checks to continue to navigate the boat past derbies.  If you fail, your character rams into them, and the noise echos throughout the map.  This lets Jason know where you are, endangering you.  This is especially true since you only have one way of entering the Captain's Deck.
  • It takes about 2:45 of steering before you can make it to land.  Once you do, you are able to climb off the boat, run onto land into the mist, and escape.

So was Jason before Part 5. :P

3 people like this

So was Jason before Part 5. :P

wouldn't say so.

Jason survived a lot throughout those movies, way more than any normal "human" ever could.

Sure, in the meta, that is dead on point.

However it doesn't negate the fact that in universe Roy lifted a woman up by the throat with one arm or that he tossed a full grown man a good distance. 

1 person likes this

Sure, in the meta, that is dead on point.

However it doesn't negate the fact that in universe Roy lifted a woman up by the throat with one arm or that he tossed a full grown man a good distance. 

I'm sure there's some people who could do the same.

Either way I don't think its extreme enough to have him be put level with Jason.

Even though I personally put Roy's abilities (strength,ability to withstand damage) ALMOST on par with Part II Jason,I honestly wouldn't even want the time or resources wasted on Roy or even a Part IV Jason. Too close to what we already have.

Even though I personally put Roy's abilities (strength,ability to withstand damage) ALMOST on par with Part II Jason,I honestly wouldn't even want the time or resources wasted on Roy or even a Part IV Jason. Too close to what we already have.

I'd take Part IV or Roy over the Savini Jason anyday myself. I get the point of it but it's my equivalent of how you may feel about Part IV/Roy.

That said, I think Roy is awesome. I'm sure that's obvious by now.

Something-something map packs...

2 people like this

I'm sure there's some people who could do the same.

Either way I don't think its extreme enough to have him be put level with Jason.

Haven't we already discussed this to death in the Future Jason's picks thread? I don't want to repeat myself but the difference isn't extreme enough for them not to be put on the same level.

If anyone want to discuss this maybe you should head to the Future Jason picks thread so you can stay on topic.