Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ztomas1

Create a marker for dead counselors

6 posts in this topic

Have you guys thought about creating some kind of marker on the map to find where a counselor was killed. As you know, often a counselor will get killed with important items in their possession and the other counselors have to spend time looking for where they met their untimely demise. It would be great to have some kind of marker to go to that location and see if they had any important items to use 

va_ghost likes this

If this were a game based around something else, I'd be onboard. However, the surprise of stumbling across a dead body unexpectedly is a key element to the game and the movies it's based on.

Vassago, monoXide83 and Alkavian like this

Absolutely not. If people die running in the woods... sns. The game is already unrealistic with some components, it doesn't need to be any more unrealistic with counselor's somehow knowing where dead bodies are located. 

As there is no way to tell as well as some people who are %%$%^ Bags on purpose run off to kill where people don't go I like this idea.  If I can tell where live counselors who I can't see, then let me see where they drop. 

not a fan of this, mostly based out of the surprise element of stumbling upon a dead body.

I can't tell you how many times I've actually been jump scared when I found a body I didn't see. I love it. Not to mention, counselors in the movies don't know where their dead friends are.

Which brings me to another topic, it'd be cool to carry bodies to one area like Jason did in multiple movies, and have a collection or something that if a counselor stumbles into, goes into almost instant max fear. Just a rough idea.

I'm definitely against this idea. Immersion-wise  you'd need some sort of sixth sense in order to detect the exact location of dead bodies, and from a gameplay view it makes it too easy to avoid getting fear spikes when that's the whole purpose of dead bodies in-game.

People running for their lives, only to discover dead bodies, has been for quite some time in many horror movies besides Friday the 13th. Having a feature that competely negates this standard element of horror movies? No thank you.