Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
[IllFonic]Courier

Community Suggestions and Concerns - New Illfonic Community Manager

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

With the release of the latest patch yesterday, I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. My name is Aron (or Courier) and I just recently joined the Illfonic team as their Community Manager. You should be seeing me popping up around the various communities (Forums, Reddit, Discord, etc.) from now on. My job as Community Manager will be to help you all understand us at Illfonic and vise versa.

As the new guy here, I’ve mainly been spending my time familiarizing myself with the Dev Team and getting a feel for the community around Friday the 13th: The Game. I also wrote the latest patch notes and will be working on improving all future notes too. Any errors or undocumented changes for these latest patch notes are completely MY FAULT and I apologize for that.

Illfonic is looking forward to improving communication with its player base and we are actively working on ways to change how we have been handling things. If any of you have suggestions or concerns regarding ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ or Illfonic, please let me know here! I may not be able to respond to a lot of you, but I will definitely be taking notes of everything.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Squad brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!

48 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Any errors or undocumented changes for these latest patch notes are completely MY FAULT and I apologize for that.

You have the biggest balls here to admit that. You're going to get some very hostile comments coming your way. Good luck with that!

Hopefully we don't scare you off. I'm glad to see that you guys are working towards better communication. Glad to have you here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. 

I'm always interested to hear from the Illfonic side of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, @[IllFonic]Courier/Aron. 

My suggestion would be to engage us socially, when possible. @GunMedia_Ben, as much a his other duties has allowed, has made efforts to participate in some of the various discussions. 

Like him, you could toss in a post at the beer discussion. If you're not a drinker, there's a fruit discussion. One of us is hosting a Friday the 13th themed birthday party for their 13-year-old. You could throw a suggestion in there

At times, this community has earned a reputation for being toxic, but I believe it is a whole lot harder to be ugly towards someone you see as a fellow human being after social interactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Hi everyone,

With the release of the latest patch yesterday, I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. My name is Aron (or Courier) and I just recently joined the Illfonic team as their Community Manager. You should be seeing me popping up around the various communities (Forums, Reddit, Discord, etc.) from now on. My job as Community Manager will be to help you all understand us at Illfonic and vise versa.

As the new guy here, I’ve mainly been spending my time familiarizing myself with the Dev Team and getting a feel for the community around Friday the 13th: The Game. I also wrote the latest patch notes and will be working on improving all future notes too. Any errors or undocumented changes for these latest patch notes are completely MY FAULT and I apologize for that.

Illfonic is looking forward to improving communication with its player base and we are actively working on ways to change how we have been handling things. If any of you have suggestions or concerns regarding ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ or Illfonic, please let me know here! I may not be able to respond to a lot of you, but I will definitely be taking notes of everything.

My suggestion is you private message me a Playstation code that gives me 10 epic perks with max positives and zero negatives.  I did predict this update would launch before friday after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

My suggestion is you private message me a Playstation code that gives me 10 epic perks with max positives and zero negatives.  I did predict this update would launch before friday after all.

Yeah me too! (worth a shot right?)

I'm on xbox though so make sure it works there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Aron!

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake! Don't worry, that Jason Voorhees thing is just an urban lege-Ngghhhuuuhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhrrrrggghhhhh...

It's been awesome watching Gun media and Ilfonic come together to make this game, and now watching things grow and develop post such a big launch... I'm really happy to see continued signs of things growing and improving.

A lot of the more negative people around here honestly seem to have, mostly, good intentions and want to see positive results. I've also noticed a good portion of them are real softies, who perk right up when team members communicate more openly with them. :) So, your involvement should be a great addition!

 

Oh, one other thing... YOU'RE DOOMED!! This place has a death curse!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Glad you jumped on board. Mind your hands and feet cause' this ride can be a bit choppy. Generally, the community in the forums are pretty mellow compared to the other social media outlets...if you go swimming out of these waters wear your shark-proof speedo. 😉

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Any errors or undocumented changes for these latest patch notes are completely MY FAULT and I apologize for that.

Have you identified any undocumented changes? If so, please add them so we can stop guessing about what's a screw-up/bug as opposed to a balance change. Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Have you identified any undocumented changes? If so, please add them so we can stop guessing about what's a screw-up/bug as opposed to a balance change. Thx

Any undocumented changes are added to the patch notes as I confirm them. So far I have added one change - Jason's Stalk ability.
Of course I will be investigating further and changes will be added as they are confirmed.
We definitely don't want our players to have to play a guessing game on what was changed with each new patch and we're working to improve on the system that we currently have for patch notes

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for Illfonic. i seen in an interview Wes saying that he would like to do John Carpenters Halloween next as the next video game from Gunmedia/Illfonic will there be any suprise updates in the near future on Gunmedia/Illfonics next Horror Game project. Could there possiably be a suprise podcast today or on Halloween this month.is there any plans to make players to be able to travel to diffrent campgrounds,hitchiking or driving country rural roads around crystal lake in the friday the 13th the game,i allready understand that there is no story mode. but having pamela voorhees driving the green jeep and stalking the back rural country roads with diners and rural grocery stores would be a great add on. maybe pamela voorhees would chase players in a vehichle with her jeep.those small diners in town and in f13th part 3 were creepy and rural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think a more thorough tutorial would be helpful. A lot of new players don't know things like luck affecting car start time or that stealth only affects the sound blips and not your chance of being sensed. The current tutorial is kind of lacking, and the weapon durability chart isn't accurate, so we have a lot of counselors playing off of inaccurate info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Turtle said:

I really think a more thorough tutorial would be helpful. A lot of new players don't know things like luck affecting car start time or that stealth only affects the sound blips and not your chance of being sensed. The current tutorial is kind of lacking, and the weapon durability chart isn't accurate, so we have a lot of counselors playing off of inaccurate info.

I’ve been playing this game for a few months now and consider myself pretty good and well-versed and even I didn’t know that Luck has an affect on car start-times!

Also, welcome Aron @[IllFonic]Courier!

One suggestion I have, and I’m sure many would second, is to strive to be a bit more transparent. For example, with the latest update, it took me two days of pestering the dev team to get a solid answer on whether we’d be getting only 1 new counselor or if there would be more with the latest patch (the roadmap implied more than one (it said “new counselors,” plural). Also, we didn’t get any insights into what the physical disc exclusive clothing pack DLC would feature (I honestly assume its because the team knew it wasn’t good/something to brag about - I mean, one new outfit per counselor, really?!), nor were we warned that it wasn’t even actual DLC but was instead tied to the disc.

I will say that it seems like the team is already making a concerted effort to be more communicative and transparent, you being here is a testament to that. I look forward to more clarity in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'likes" on the forum have been anonymized  for a few days. Is this by design or a side effect of the changes behind the scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0