TimmyJarvis

Rain is awesome.

22 posts in this topic

As title says, the rain is awesome.  Got to play a full match with it on.  Seemed fear increases much, much faster.  Great atmosphere, and it gives Jason a little cover at a distance in dark areas.  Loved it.

John Wick and AshTray900 like this

Yeah, it is a Jason favoring mechanic,  which is good. I wasn't able to hear J4 breaking down barricaded doors from inside the house, over the rain, adds an element of awareness. Looks pretty good, too.

Rain and lightning look and sound amazing, much better then I thought it would and I hope it comes up often, I played 6-7 matches and only got it once.

Is it just random on the Jarvis map or all maps? Would love for them to ad a setting for private match at least that we can turn the rain on and off.

Love all the stuff coming and support just fix the host migration or dedicated servers because that is still very frustrating

Just now, chromeXskull said:

Rain and lightning look and sound amazing, much better then I thought it would and I hope it comes up often, I played 6-7 matches and only got it once.

Is it just random on the Jarvis map or all maps? Would love for them to ad a setting for private match at least that we can turn the rain on and off.

Love all the stuff coming and support just fix the host migration or dedicated servers because that is still very frustrating

I wish they would add a toggle to public matches because it is random as I understand.  It does apply to all maps though, and they also said the next update (or two) will eventually add a private match option for it.

32 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

I wish they would add a toggle to public matches because it is random as I understand.  It does apply to all maps though, and they also said the next update (or two) will eventually add a private match option for it.

Glad its all maps and having the option to turn on and off would be nice and hopefully in public matches you can too.....I know this is obvious and should happen but love how when inside the rain is quiet but can still hear it....good job

Yea I absolutely love it. Almost feels like you are playing a different map when it’s raining on the older maps. The atmosphere is just so vastly different from the original. I was blown away by the ‘storm’ effects. I figured they’d just add rain and and be done with it, but to add the increased dread of a storm is just fantastic. 

I love it! This was the thing I was most exited about and it did not disappoint from the few games that I've played last night.

I even experienced this awesome moment where Jason was inside the vacation house with me. I can't hear his music due to it being off but heard his footsteps getting closer and closer so I went into the basement and around the corner just in time to see him walk by the doorway upstairs. Moments later, just when I think it's safe to leave I turn the corner and move my camera to face upstairs only to see him standing still at the top of the staircase and suddenly lightning hits outside which produced the quick flash effect around him. It simply looked awesome from my point of view. 

Definitely looking forward for more moments like this in the future. In my opinion this is the best thing they could of added to this already great game. :)

chromeXskull likes this

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

Seeing Tiffany in a bikini in the rain is an added bonus. ;)

omg the nasty things i would do to her 

11 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Campfires can definitely go for hours in a rainstorm :P. 

Glad you guys like it thus far!

That is actually 100% true.  I go camping for at least 1 week per year.  When it rains I move my chair under a pop-up but continue the fire until midnight (when they usually ask that you extinguish them by).  And if the coals were hot enough, I can often relight the fire in the morning just by throwing cardboard on them.  

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Mine ALWAYS do. Once it's going it's not stopping until I say it's ok.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I’m going to echo everyone else in here and say I LOVE the rain! It darkens the map, creates a slightly more isolated feel when you’re alone, and adds more to the feel of being in one of the early Friday films, as it rained in parts 1, 2 & 4. Good job guys!

TWarner likes this

I had some guy in the party house on the Jarvis map talking shit about the guy playing Jason (using Part 9), about how he sucks and all because he hadn't killed anyone for like 10 minutes.

A few minutes later the guy, who at this point is standing behind me and another player, is right next to the basement door and he lets out this huge shriek. I turn around to see Jason had come up the basement stairs and grabbed the guy and we never heard him come in over the rain and thunder.

Great job Gun Media!

4 hours ago, Super Ty said:

I’m going to echo everyone else in here and say I LOVE the rain! It darkens the map, creates a slightly more isolated feel when you’re alone, and adds more to the feel of being in one of the early Friday films, as it rained in parts 1, 2 & 4. Good job guys!

It would be cool if they added wind only to create the feel of the wind kicking up near the end of part 3.  Howling wind, leaves and dust blowing by.  Would be complicated to implement I bet though.

Super Ty likes this