AshTray900

A Neat Way To Incorporate Roy Into The Game

11 posts in this topic

Ok so I have been thinking about this, someone else posted a tid bit on Facebook and it got me thinking about how we could incorporate Roy as Jason in the game.

1 in 10 or 20 games a random male counselor is either spawned with a hockey mask as the Y (xbone) option in the same way the sweater is, or occasionally a blue chevron hockey mask can be found in a drawer and equipped like the sweater ready for use anytime. this would need to be rare enough to make it something to look forward to but not as rare as Pamela tapes. This would need to verify the lobby has enough players before it activated.

upon using it, the player instantly turns into part V Jason and gets an unbreakable axe, drops his inventory and can no longer search drawers to prevent him from stealing keys, this Jason would be able to run faster but still at the limits of counselor stamina, the walkie would go away. This player would have no special Jason abilities but would come pre-perked with extremely thick skin but could still be killed by the other players in traditional fashion.

This Jason could go about his business stalking and trying to kill the other counselors and would also be completely invisible on Jason's sense ability, this player would have the choice to use the mask or play as a regular counselor.

Real Jason could kill him in traditional Jason ways if he pleases but cant grab him easily at all. Jason would have to take say double the slashes on him to kill him also. Real Jason could also let him go about his business as a helper to make sure things don't get repaired at the cost of loosing a few kills.

if Roy Jason is the last character alive, besides Jason the game ends and gives Roy credit for his kills instead of a betrayal hit as a regular counselor.

54 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

upon using it, the player instantly turns into part V Jason and gets an unbreakable axe, drops his inventory and can no longer search drawers to prevent him from stealing keys

I like this one a lot except for the part I quoted. The player would just collect everything useful he can (fuse, keys, battery/gas) then use the mask where nobody would ever think to look. Pretty solid idea though.

Edit: I'm out of likes already but you deserve one.

AshTray900 likes this

yeah he could do that, so can shitty counselors also, maybe the choice needs to be apparent to the player who is in the lobby if he gets picked but hidden from everyone else, the player must make the choice before the match starts, that could solve that issue. he would also have to spawn somewhere remote but not near Jason

I'm sure there are things that could be done with him, thanks for pointing that out, I hope to help do my part to give out good ideas even thought the developers will probably never see this

6 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

yeah he could do that, so can shitty counselors also, maybe the choice needs to be apparent to the player who is in the lobby if he gets picked but hidden from everyone else, the player must make the choice before the match starts, that could solve that issue. he would also have to spawn somewhere remote but not near Jason

I'm sure there are things that could be done with him, thanks for pointing that out, I hope to help do my part to give out good ideas even thought the developers will probably never see this

Yes, the counselors can do it too. But if you have the opportunity to play as Roy (per your idea) then you know ahead of time that you will be on Jason's side so you would WANT to hide everything you can. Making the choice before the match starts would work better. Maybe make it so you have like 30 seconds to a minute into the match until the mask disappears.

The devs might not see it, but the mods will for sure. I don't think anything really gets ignored on here. At least I like to think that way.

well I think they did a real good job with this new update, part IV Jason is great and they spent ALOT of time doing the detail for the Jarvis house and the house nextdoor the college kids were partying at, I'm still salty because I haven't seen the console stereo in the party house yet lol, not a radio radio but the big floor stereo they had in the movie, I am a huge fan of those and restore them for fun, maybe I missed it.

the map is really good and the character choice of Mitch the stoner who looks almost identical to Tommy Chong was brilliant, he needs a "smoke a joint" emote! lol

I liked the addition of weather although I have only played on match last night and it didn't rain, I think that was an awesome idea, these guys are extremely creative and I love it, ill even let them slide on bugs, I know they are working with a small group, but as long as the game is very playable keep the good content updates coming.

the only thing I would change to date is letting the d-pad up still show whos dead or alive and making the emote key something else, it was so handy to hit up and see whats what instead of select lb, or start, mute players

I also think they need to just go ahead and release Savini to everyone, I mean its one thing to get perks like movie accurate hockey masks, collector memorabilia etc, but to actually give a part of the game to people who pre-ordered is kind of a poor choice especially since they wouldn't allow you to pre-order in any store like xbox ps4 or steam. I know everyone has mixed feelings about this, I just don't think a part of the game should be missing from a large portion of people, I have bought this game for me on 3 platforms launch day, 2 for friends, and talked 2 other friends into buying it themselves, not that I would even probably play with him, but hes a unique character not just a skin another Jason can wear.

I think sooner or later it will be released when the pre order guys calm down about it, maybe a year down the road, who knows

I don't know, I just don't think filling in the gap between part IV and VI is the way I would go, I would make it more interesting than another Jason with different stats, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, AshTray900 said:

I don't know, I just don't think filling in the gap between part IV and VI is the way I would go, I would make it more interesting than another Jason with different stats, just my opinion.

The whole point of the game is counselors vs killer. If you introduce some other wacky element then everything gets thrown out of wack.

its not supposed to happen every time, it would be an easter egg kind of thing, pop up rarely and choose one person and give them the option to play as roy, think it would be interesting, but if they don't do that id rather have a part v Jason just like any other Jason

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I have an even neater Roy idea: He's a killer like Jason. That's all Roy ever needs to be. He's only human you say? Suspend disbelief.

Finally, this guy gets it. Knowledge is king.