Ghostboy20

Disc Copy DLC.

89 posts in this topic

So basically Gun is making digital owners pay $40 for a couple of skins. That is just stupid. We will have spent at least $80 on this. Unless I can win a physical copy in a giveaway or the digital skins are the same or similar, then I won't be getting the disc. This practice makes EA and Ubisoft look good. 

Corkenstein likes this

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

So basically Gun is making digital owners pay $40 for a couple of skins. That is just stupid. We will have spent at least $80 on this. Unless I can win a physical copy in a giveaway or the digital skins are the same or similar, then I won't be getting the disc. This practice makes EA and Ubisoft look good. 

Even if you win the disc you can't even place those items on your digital copy so everytime you wanna play them you gotta put the disc in

This extactly the reason I didn’t purchase the disc. Another crappy recolor of already existing designs & some lousy blood splatter on Jason’s shirt.

Not worth $40 in my opinion. I’d be spending $40 just for the extra content which just failed hardcore. I understand people want to be supportive which is fine but at the same time it makes them think we are cool with the lousy effort put into the content.

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

This extactly the reason I didn’t purchase the disc. Another crappy recolor of already existing designs & some lousy blood splatter on Jason’s shirt.

Not worth $40 in my opinion. I’d be spending $40 just for the extra content which just failed hardcore. I understand people want to be supportive which is fine but at the same time it makes them think we are cool with the lousy effort put into the content.

Yeah most are reclolors however there are two new shirts, a heart and dove which I found kinda cool but yeah 

20 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Welp! Any incentive I had to pay another $40 for the disc copy of the game is gone now. I’ll just keep my digital version. :lol:

Pretty much. I was gonna go pick up the disc tomorrow for the DLC, hoping I could use it on my digital copy. I was then gonna sell the disc to my friend for half price. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Even if you win the disc you can't even place those items on your digital copy so everytime you wanna play them you gotta put the disc in

Yeah, I'll just have my PS4 replace the digital copy with the physical copy, like I did for Dead by Daylight. All my data from the digital will carry over.

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yeah, I'll just have my PS4 replace the digital copy with the physical copy, like I did for Dead by Daylight. All my data from the digital will carry over.

I tried doing that with this and it didn't work. 

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

If you could install the DLC from the disc and use it on the digital version it would not be exclusive anymore.

I could rent Friday The 13th on disc from redbox or buy it used from Gamestop. Then install the DLC and return the disc or get a refund without having to buy it.

Gamestop allows you to return used games for 7 days for a full refund. No questions asked. That goes for not liking the game too.

To avoid another exclusive Savini DLC like situation the DLC will remain locked to the disc.

We all know the forum does not need another flood of topics complaining about how their exclusive content is not exclusive. :lol:

Wouldn't the better path to take have been to not make new exclusive content?

I really don't like how they've tossed these surprise exclusive options into the physical release (something that pc players don't even have the option to buy - it wasn't even a known choice as a backer).

Anyway, it's obviously not a big deal. I just don't like this practice at all.

And I think it's a shame, because the new update is FANTASTIC and seems to be pretty smooth (certainly relatively to previous updates). So, this should be a time of pure celebration... not any lingering resentments or any tiny bad taste in our mouths about silly exclusive clothing options.

Ah well... I'm not going to think about it any further! Not a big deal, just kind of lousy, in my opinion! ;) 

THANKS FOR THE PICS, Ghostboy20!!

SnakeSound222 likes this

50 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah. I can switch between both digital and disc. 

What happens if you delete the digital? Do you still have your saved data and DLC on the disc?

4 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

What happens if you delete the digital? Do you still have your saved data and DLC on the disc?

I haven't tried deleting the digital. But when I switch all my digital content isn't messed with but if you I go to the disc I have to put the items back in order again and place my perks back in their slots and weapon kills. All my perks kills and unlocks are there along with my DLC items like the swimsuits and Savini Jason. 

SnakeSound222 likes this

This answered all of the questions I had....with the exception of when Backers would be receiving their Steelbook Editions lol.

It makes sense to see Gun/Illfonic release this DLC as part of a bundle for Digital Copy purchasers at a later date, which I am sure will happen.

On Xbox One digital and disc works the same. You have to install the game on your harddrive for both versions. Digital content works with disc games.

For now the DLC content is locked to the disc version only.

If it was unlocked many players would rent it and install the DLC and return the disc. That is what I would do. I already own the digital version.

The digital version will get bloody Jason skins that are different. I won't be surprised if they work for the disc version too.

9 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

On Xbox One digital and disc works the same. You have to install the game on your harddrive for both versions. Digital content works with disc games.

For now the DLC content is locked to the disc version only.

If it was unlocked many players would rent it and install the DLC and return the disc. That is what I would do. I already own the digital version.

The digital version will get bloody Jason skins that are different. I won't be surprised if they work for the disc version too.

To solve this problem, there should have been a download voucher included with the game.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I tried doing that with this and it didn't work. 

There was a post the other day that said your digital content will work with the disc starting Friday which is the official release date for the disc copy. There will most like be another update that flips the switch for that. 

16 minutes ago, JP98_S said:

There was a post the other day that said your digital content will work with the disc starting Friday which is the official release date for the disc copy. There will most like be another update that flips the switch for that. 

That's what I'm hoping for, that's why I was asking Ben because he never fully answered my question. 

If they don't I'm not gonna riot lol I'll just switch between disc and digital if I need to, it's just a shame because I wanted to frame the case and the disc. 

Is just so crappy that we don't get the clothes for counselors for digital copy. We have passed so many things that Gun and IIIphonic should reward us for back them to the end. At least all of us we can say that we survived to login database failure,matchmaking, Packanack roof, glitchers, team killers and Jason helpers. 

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Is just so crappy that we don't get the clothes for counselors for digital copy. We have passed so many things that Gun and IIIphonic should reward us for back them to the end. At least all of us we can say that we survived to login database failure,matchmaking, Packanack roof, glitchers, team killers and Jason helpers. 

They did state bloody Jason would come to digital but yeah I agree, tho we will be seeing a DLC clothing pack down the road lol 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They did state bloody Jason would come to digital but yeah I agree, tho we will be seeing a DLC clothing pack down the road lol 

Yeah but in different patterns so you can identify who have buyed the digital version and the physical copy, shame. Probably that clothing pack will be paid like the 1984 SpringBreak :/

If you are on PS4 and have two PS4's in the house, don't forget digital lets you play on both systems at once.  You just have to designate one as primary, and then have the license holder play on the second unit.  Anyone can play on the unit designated as primary. 

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah but in different patterns so you can identify who have buyed the digital version and the physical copy, shame. Probably that clothing pack will be paid like the 1984 SpringBreak :/

Only time will tell :wacko: