Ghostboy20

Disc Copy DLC.

94 posts in this topic

So I'll start with Bloody Jason, as you can see you can put the skin on all Jason's expect Part 4.

n6frlWy.jpg

rIZyW2s.jpg

ccoaasX.jpgTpsLYaO.jpg

Ufw3KMh.jpg

jFyUPa2.jpg

TVHPXOB.jpg

And as you can see Part 4 doesn't get an option to equip it.

UHFyUc1.jpg

Now to the meat of the bones, the clothing.

admCoCS.jpg

Yes that is a black heart shirt!

VfTAZ02.jpg

pMKNjb2.jpg

Sq9M3Ph.jpg

abkHrTD.jpg

rXzIVFf.jpg

bcmVprN.jpg

And Tiffany get's a white dove! You can't see it on the shirt because it won't load for some reason but as you can see the icon there is a dove!

4omWXxa.jpg

FKe3Wu2.jpg

AsfDRzK.jpg

So some clothes are a hit and miss while other's are cool looking, however I cannot use these items with my digital and have to have my disc in in order to use them. It sucks and would like to transfer them to my digital account. 

@GunMedia_Ben I hope you guys allow those who bought the digital and disc to transfer the items to their accounts. 

@BoxingRouge and @Tiffany I hope you two like lol 

9 people like this

I love Deborah’s Sweater.

1 person likes this

So the DLC is on the disc? Or is it a code? DLC should be tied to account, not whatever copy of the game. I'm disappointed if this means you always have to have the disc in to use the stuff. 

4 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

I feel like the girls got the better clothes while the guys were kept out. 

@AdrianBlackbear No codes, it's all on the disc. I loaded up my digital account and the items did not transfer over so you can't use these items unless your on the disc. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I feel like the girls got the better clothes while the guys were kept out. 

@AdrianBlackbear No codes, it's all on the disc. I loaded up my digital account and the items did not transfer over so you can't use these items unless your on the disc. 

Hm. Interesting. Does the digital DLC still work with a physical copy though? Like can you still use the spring break pack and whatnot? 

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Hm. Interesting. Does the digital DLC still work with a physical copy though? Like can you still use the spring break pack and whatnot? 

Yeah all the stuff I bought worked (Savini was even working which one user said wasn't working) 

So anything I bought for the digital was still on my account for the disc 

@Ghostboy20

I think I know the reason why the exclusive DLC is locked to the disc.

1. To stop another ''leak'' of exclusive content to players that don't own the disc version.

2. Players buying the disc and then selling the disc or trading it in and keeping the DLC codes for their digital version.

3. Disc codes being sold on ebay or other sites and apps.

I would like to see the digital version owners get their exclusive bloody Jason skins and clothing in the next patch or two. 🙂

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@Ghostboy20

I think I know the reason why the exclusive DLC is locked to the disc.

1. To stop another ''leak'' of exclusive content to players that don't own the disc version.

2. Players buying the disc and then selling the disc or trading it in and keeping the DLC codes for their digital version.

3. Disc codes being sold on ebay or other sites and apps.

I would like to see the digital version owners get their exclusive bloody Jason skins and clothing in the next patch or two. 🙂

Yeah I made these points as well. However that's how the market goes I'm afraid, those who want things that are exclusive to them will do everything they can.

Me I'm still gonna keep my disc but I do hope the devs allow us to remove the items from the disc and put it on the digital, I like just starting up my game instead of having to switch out discs. 

14 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

Would you wear it though in real life?

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

@GunMedia_Ben I hope you guys allow those who bought the digital and disc to transfer the items to their accounts. 

I sincerely doubt the dlc will be able to be transferable to the digital version. Gun Media wants to make as much money as possible and enticing people to buy (and keep) physical copies of the game when they already own the digital version is the best way to do it. It may be a greedy tactic, but this is the same company that accepted donations from excited fans of the Friday the 13th franchise to create this product only to have it riddled with bugs and essentially unplayable at launch. And the backers that backed at the $60 level who were promised an exclusive Jason that would never be released for sale after launch were dealt another insulting blow when that Jason was sold on Sony store for $6 for a short time and was given away for FREE on xbox for 2 days. Those mistakes may or may not have been their fault, but they still have yet to release an apology for that or do anything to make things right to the people who helped make this game possible in the first place. Just accept it, Gun Media is out to make money and if they didn't demonstrate any kind of loyalty to the backers who made the game (and by extension its success) possible after the game was released, they certainly won't do anything for those who purchased the digital version of the game prior to its physical release.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if in a month or two they release this dlc as a seperate paid dlc for digital owners... after they feel they have enticed enough digital owners to re-buy the physical version for the dlc. They wouldn't dare do that now though... less money to potentially be made.

1 person likes this

Hmm... only one new outfit per counselor, nothing for Mitch, AND they're contained to the disc? I'm disappointed. I'm thinking about just returning my disc when it arrives, totally not worth $40 (considering I already own the game).

Thank you for posting though @Ghostboy20!

1 person likes this

that's quite disappointing that I have to put the disk in to use these items but I guess it doesn't matter if I don't want to use them just load up my digital and if I do load up my disk wil the game still start up and play even though I have digital? I am a bit of a noob with stuff like that   

2 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Hmm... only one new outfit per counselor, nothing for Mitch, AND they're contained to the disc? I'm disappointed. I'm thinking about just returning my disc when it arrives, totally not worth $40 (considering I already own the game).

but but but what about bloody jason skins?

2 minutes ago, JsonTheGr8 said:

I sincerely doubt the dlc will be able to be transferable to the digital version. Gun Media wants to make as much money as possible and enticing people to buy (and keep) physical copies of the game when they already own the digital version is the best way to do it. It may be a greedy tactic, but this is the same company that accepted donations from excited fans of the Friday the 13th franchise to create this product only to have it riddled with bugs and essentially unplayable at launch. And the backers that backed at the $60 level who were promised an exclusive Jason that would never be released for sale after launch were dealt another insulting blow when that Jason was sold on Sony store for $6 for a short time and was given away for FREE on xbox for 2 days. Those mistakes may or may not have been their fault, but they still have yet to release an apology for that or do anything to make things right to the people who helped make this game possible in the first place. Just accept it, Gun Media is out to make money and if they didn't demonstrate any kind of loyalty to the backers who made the game (and by extension its success) possible after the game was released, they certainly won't do anything for those who purchased the digital version of the game prior to its physical release.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if in a month or two they release this dlc as a seperate paid dlc for digital owners... after they feel they have enticed enough digital owners to re-buy the physical version for the dlc. They wouldn't dare do that now though... less money to potentially be made.

Gun already stated they are making these same items for digital users but different patterns.

And yeah this is a move for money I do agree. However if enough people push the matter maybe they'll patch it in allowing people to do this.

1 minute ago, BritGamer95 said:

that's quite disappointing that I have to put the disk in to use these items but I guess it doesn't matter if I don't want to use them just load up my digital and if I do load up my disk wil the game still start up and play even though I have digital? I am a bit of a noob with stuff like that   

For me it was like just switching to another game so the disc doesn't interfere with my digital

3 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Yeah the clothes are a bit sad since Mitch doesn't even get a outfit! But what makes this worse for me is the fact I can't even put the blood on Part 4 Jason! 

Your also welcome, I'm happy to help out those who need it :) 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Gun already stated they are making these same items for digital users but different patterns.

And yeah this is a move for money I do agree. However if enough people push the matter maybe they'll patch it in allowing people to do this.

For me it was like just switching to another game so the disc doesn't interfere with my digital

Yeah the clothes are a bit sad since Mitch doesn't even get a outfit! But what makes this worse for me is the fact I can't even put the blood on Part 4 Jason! 

Your also welcome, I'm happy to help out those who need it :) 

I guess so I mean its not going to interfere with my game it will only add the outfits when I play with the disk and remove them if I decide to play digital.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Don't hold your breath. :P

2 minutes ago, BritGamer95 said:

I guess so I mean its not going to interfere with my game it will only add the outfits when I play with the disk and remove them if I decide to play digital.

My only issue is having the disc. I'm gonna keep my copy but it would have been nice to take the items off it before I framed it but now I can't lol 

@JsonTheGr8 I'm dead, I don't need air my friend ;)

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

My only issue is having the disc. I'm gonna keep my copy but it would have been nice to take the items off it before I framed it but now I can't lol 

@JsonTheGr8 I'm dead, I don't need air my friend ;)

yeah plus disks scratch quickly maybe they might just release it at some point like the bloody Jason you could still frame it just find something else to put the disk in  

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah I made these points as well. However that's how the market goes I'm afraid, those who want things that are exclusive to them will do everything they can.

Me I'm still gonna keep my disc but I do hope the devs allow us to remove the items from the disc and put it on the digital, I like just starting up my game instead of having to switch out discs. 

If you could install the DLC from the disc and use it on the digital version it would not be exclusive anymore.

I could rent Friday The 13th on disc from redbox or buy it used from Gamestop. Then install the DLC and return the disc or get a refund without having to buy it.

Gamestop allows you to return used games for 7 days for a full refund. No questions asked. That goes for not liking the game too.

To avoid another exclusive Savini DLC like situation the DLC will remain locked to the disc.

We all know the forum does not need another flood of topics complaining about how their exclusive content is not exclusive. :lol:

If you could install the DLC from the disc and use it on the digital version it would not be exclusive anymore.

I could rent Friday The 13th on disc from redbox or buy it used from Gamestop. Then install the DLC and return the disc or get a refund without having to buy it.

Gamestop allows you to return used games for 7 days for a full refund. No questions asked. That goes for not liking the game too.

To avoid another exclusive Savini DLC like situation the DLC will remain locked to the disc.

We all know the forum does not need another flood of topics complaining about how their exclusive content is not exclusive. :lol:

that does make sense remember savini Jason but I really hope they give us these outfits but saying that we will have more outfit pack coming anyway.

12 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Honestly, no matter how much someone loves this game, I cannot fathom why they would buy the standard disc if they have digital.  Even if they had 5 outfits per counselor, $40 is a lot of money for cosmetic items. 

2 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

If by any chance they did allow you to keep the clothes for playing off disc one time, I would totally grab the redbox copy.  Would never pay for disc for clothes, but a couple dollars rental would be ok.

1 minute ago, BritGamer95 said:

yeah plus disks scratch quickly maybe they might just release it at some point like the bloody Jason you could still frame it just find something else to put the disk in  

They already stated there will be another bloody Jason for the digital users.

Was gonna put the disc in a case with the game case as well. Like how they frame records lol 

This is disc copies lol Those are normal time anyways lol

Yes your statement is true but the thing is you'll have people on all sides always complaining and whining, I'm not too mad to understand why they did this. Yeah codes would be sold so they wanted disc only but like you said still would raise issues, discs only have them and PC users who didn't even get the disc form because there isn't one unless you were a backer would get these items. 

That's not really fair for the PC crowed. However I believe there will be a update that will allow this, honestly they should have went with codes. Yeah you'll get a Savini thing again but honestly it's not the end of the world for the Disc crowed as most players are digital, I don't see people buying disc unless it's collectors or buying them at gamestop when it's dirt cheap 

Just now, TimmyJarvis said:

Honestly, no matter how much someone loves this game, I cannot fathom why they would buy the standard disc if they have digital.  Even if they had 5 outfits per counselor, $40 is a lot of money for cosmetic items.

Honestly this copy was bought to me by a friend so my money wasn't wasted lol 

I love Tiffanys outfit besides those shoes like girl eww 

1 person likes this

Welp! Any incentive I had to pay another $40 for the disc copy of the game is gone now. I’ll just keep my digital version. :lol:

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Welp! Any incentive I had to pay another $40 for the disc copy of the game is gone now. I’ll just keep my digital version. :lol:

If your wanting to choose I say digital is the way to go.