KingDead

Play as Roy if Jason Leaves the match?

8 posts in this topic

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet... Thought it might be a cool idea if when Jason leaves the match, instead of it ending, another player still in the game is chosen to become the fake Jason "ROY", and finish off the match. Maybe he arrives with his ambulance as well... Someone has to avenge Joey's death after all... and his candy bar...

Image result for friday the 13th part V joey

AshTray900 likes this

I don't agree that Roy just needs to be another Jason you can pick, we need to do something interesting with him as he is a human character, make it unique and not always available, see my post above about roy, suggestions etc, I don't want to just see a "part V" Jason in the Jason list. this would be dull for playing as roy. Roy is a unique situation and I think the developers should use that to their advantage to give the game some more things to do, The complexity of the game and the game chat mechanics are exactly what pulls this game WAY ahead of dead by daylight IMO

KingDead likes this

I actually like this idea. Interesting thought.

Edit: That would actually be kind of hard to implement probably. Plus it could only really apply when Jason leaves at the start of the match. It would really suck to find the fuse, knife, or whatever else and suddenly respawn as Roy.

KingDead likes this

here is what I was thinking up, I think there is a lot of ways we could make Roy very interesting rather than just another Jason that's not really Jason.

1 in 10 or 20 games a random male counselor is either spawned with a hockey mask as the Y (xbone) option in the same way the sweater is, or occasionally a blue chevron hockey mask can be found in a drawer and equipped like the sweater ready for use anytime. this would need to be rare enough to make it something to look forward to but not as rare as Pamela tapes. This would need to verify the lobby has enough players before it activated.

upon using it, the player instantly turns into part V Jason and gets an unbreakable axe, drops his inventory and can no longer search drawers to prevent him from stealing keys, this Jason would be able to run faster but still at the limits of counselor stamina, the walkie would go away. This player would have no special Jason abilities but would come pre-perked with extremely thick skin but could still be killed by the other players in traditional fashion.

This Jason could go about his business stalking and trying to kill the other counselors and would also be completely invisible on Jason's sense ability, this player would have the choice to use the mask or play as a regular counselor.

Real Jason could kill him in traditional Jason ways if he pleases but cant grab him easily at all. Jason would have to take say double the slashes on him to kill him also. Real Jason could also let him go about his business as a helper to make sure things don't get repaired at the cost of loosing a few kills.

if Roy Jason is the last character alive, besides Jason the game ends and gives Roy credit for his kills instead of a betrayal hit as a regular counselor.

KingDead likes this

Thats a good point, I did not think about items disappearing, but what if no one is dead yet? Maybe there is a way to choose someone who does not hold any vital items. Or a preference system as a backup Jason/Roy. I also like the idea Ashtray900 mentioned as well. Somewhere in all these concepts there is a good way to use Roy for sure!

No thanks. I can't see Gun Media putting him in like that.

If Roy makes it to the game he needs to be his own Jason. Otherwise it would be a big disservice for fans that like him.