Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yoda

J3 & J4 Mask OCD

16 posts in this topic

One thing that bugs me about J3 and J4's appearance is the difference of the hockey mask. So Jason wears the same mask during the events of Parts 3-4 right? As the mask shows all the wear and tear from the rain and events of the past movie.

Why in the game does J3's mask seem more ovally and J4's mask has a more circular shape? The holes surrounding the mask seem to be in different positions also.

Someone with not so much OCD compared to me answer this for me?

Every single Friday the 13th game had different costume designers. This is why Jason looks fundamentally different from film to film and by extension part to part in the video game. Got to love the authenticity.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Every single Friday the 13th game had different costume designers. This is why Jason looks fundamentally different from film to film and by extension part to part in the video game. Got to love the authenticity.

I couldn't see a key difference in the movie on the mask perspective but I'll look it over again. Just feels weird how different the appearance is besides clothing-wise.

Just now, Yoda said:

I couldn't see a key difference in the movie on the mask perspective but I'll look it over again. Just feels weird how different the appearance is besides clothing-wise.

Well part 3 and 4 were so close in appearance that if they took some liberties to seperate the two im cool with it.

1 person likes this

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well part 3 and 4 were so close in appearance that if they took some liberties to seperate the two im cool with it.

When you put it that way it makes more sense. After all the kids b****ing and moaning about the 2 being carbon copies in appearance. TBH I've always wanted Part 4 in the game since day one, he was my favorite looking Jason in the movies behind P7.

The mask looks nearly spot on. A lot of people assumed they where identical, and well they where wrong. Watch the films back to back. 

1 person likes this

Jason's (Ted White's) mask in Part 4 actually looked a bit rounder than the Part 3 (Richard Brooker) mask. Presumably due to different head shapes. 

In fact, the mask in person was very yellow and round, and closely resembled the Part 4 in-game mask. I believe the mask might have looked whiter in Part 3 due to the different lighting used to aid the 3D.

No automatic alt text available.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

One thing that bugs me about J3 and J4's appearance is the difference of the hockey mask. So Jason wears the same mask during the events of Parts 3-4 right? As the mask shows all the wear and tear from the rain and events of the past movie.

Why in the game does J3's mask seem more ovally and J4's mask has a more circular shape? The holes surrounding the mask seem to be in different positions also.

There are so many continuity errors in this franchise concerning the mask! It doesn't really bother me too much, but there's a lot there. For instance, Part VII Jason has the right side of his mask damaged (when viewing from the front), but the boat propeller actually chewed up the left side of his mask in Part VI. Also, his mask was destroyed in Part VII and he got a new one in Part VIII with an axe mark magically there. Also, did Tommy bring Jason a new mask in Part VI? I can't imagine he fixed his old one just to throw it in the grave. Tommy must have put an axe mark in the new one too. Then there's the unrelated continuity error in Part XI that actually kind of bothered me.... All of a sudden he's missing his RIGHT eye instead of his left eye.

Its been confirmed in multiple interviews with actors/ directors/ sfx guys that this very obvious difference is due to the different head shapes and makeup shape on each of the 2 actors that played Jason in parts 3 and 4.

If you have a good eye and 30 ish years you can spot small details that prove this correct haha.

On 10/12/2017 at 0:51 AM, Yoda said:

Like ShortyThaGame above me mentioned,the actors/directors/sfx guys all said in interviews that the Part 4 mask was made from the same mold as the Part 3 mask.

It's just that Richard Brooker (Part 3) head + prostetics as a wider head shape from the front to the back wich add more tension to the mask straps forcing the mask to bend backward wich lead to the oval shape of the mask.

As for Ted White (Part 4) is head + prostetics is probably less wide from front to back so the mask doesnt bend backward,so that's why it's rounder.

Another example would be Part 6 Jason,2 actors played Jason in that movie and the shape of the mask is also a bit different depending on wich of the 2 actors.

But yeah,it's pretty accurate tough i wish the 3d model artist used the mask from the shower scene instead,but im fine with this one i guess...

I wish the devs and the model artist gave us a behind the scene video on the making of the characters + Jason models,how he build them and wich refferences he choose to use for the models.

4 people like this

7 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

I wish the devs and the model artist gave us a behind the scene video on the making of the characters + Jason models,how he build them and wich refferences he choose to use for the models.

This would be super cool to watch!

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

This would be super cool to watch!

I agree! That would be super cool. I'd love to see behind the scenes content, and interviews, like that. DVD extras ftw!! :D

1 person likes this