Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weirdkid5

2 Seater AND A BOAT??

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NamesAreDumb said:

I escaped my first time on it, we got the cops called right at the start, and I even stayed behind a bit to make sure a limping Mitch made it.

I got Jason my first time on it and scored 8/8. I was worried about his  - Shift, but it's not as much of a handicap as I thought it would be. 

7 hours ago, JPops said:

I am pretty sure the Jarvis map is a cursed map for me. I have literally never escaped on that map. Had a glimmer of hope when the police were called one game then making my way down the exit road Jason somehow morphs right in front of me. Denied again :) one day, one day. 

That's probably because nobody has memorized the map yet so they get caught very quickly and don't know the phone and repair item locations.

Please don’t change the 2 seater/boat combo! I love the switch up. I haven’t even had a chance to try it and already love the idea of it. It’s a new dynamic that could change planning and strategies. Different in this case is good. lol... at least in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Please don’t change the 2 seater/boat combo! I love the switch up. I haven’t even had a chance to try it and already love the idea of it. It’s a new dynamic that could change planning and strategies. Different in this case is good. lol... at least in my opinion. 

It may force people to use pocketknives on traps at the phone.  Something I have never personally seen anyone do yet.

Daneasaur likes this

I rather like the two seated boat combo. You see that and strategies have to change. Sure it is a bit harder, but I like the possibility of a hard mode match now and then as a counselor. Leave it in.

thatdudescott likes this

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Things can always change. Not always going to give you a rut to get into. 

2 seater and a boat is a nice change of pace and I hope it stays.

I would actually welcome it randomly on other maps too because it makes the gameplay feel fresh.

cruehitman, Daneasaur and Trident77 like this

Last night got the 2 seater and the boat.  Two people did - eventually - escape in the boat after searching the whole map for the propeller.  Meanwhile, as the two-seater and the phone both spawned in lower SE corner, three counselors played merry-go-round trying to get one of the two working.  (and failed).  It did allow the boat people to scour the entire map though.  We didn't have the pocket knives for the phone and the car so focused on the phone.  (We only had two amongst 4 counselors)

Played for hours last night and many were saying how they liked the random, unpredictability of it. Me included. I like the way it forces you to strategise and it also reinforces the "impending doom" feeling of hopelessness when you're stuck in the woods with an immortal serial killer. :) 

I only hope it spills over onto the other maps as well I like the variance of it.  Same thing with the spacing of keys for completing objectives they seem to be dispersed further and more randomly on the Jarvis map

Juat edited to add the only thing I see people getting annoyed with in the new map is it seems to be a survivor the night map lots of places to eat up Jason’s time in the hero cabins and little places to hide etc that coupled with the difficulty of seeing objectives complete in all the Jarvis maps I’ve played cops have been called maybe twice and a boat has been repaired once or twice and maybe a car or too which is an huge an awesome decline from the original maps where it’s almost as if you spawn with the right character and some good RNG a boat or car could be complete in under 2 minutes.

Daneasaur likes this

Yes, I stress again; the theme is that survival is an exception, not the norm.

Only a boat and 2 person car? that leaves 3-4 people who NEED to get the phone working. It also means a higher chance of someone taking off alone or you not making the cut of one of the 4 who gets away IF the boat or car is repaired.

It will be a large changeup and honestly ,the boat should ALWAYS be on the map. Make it so that there are never 2 cars.

I have to admit, after playing through a game like this, I think the two-seater/boat option is actually a pretty cool idea now. It makes fixing the phone that much more imperative, whereas lone wolves who can repair will try their hand at the car/boat while Jason hunts down people trying to fix the phone.

Spices things up a bit IMO. This should stay, and I'm also a firm believer the boat should always appear in a match.