Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weirdkid5

2 Seater AND A BOAT??

38 posts in this topic

So I just played a match on the Jarvis map and there was a 2 Seater AND A boat. It's always been a 4 seater and the boat.

Anyone else get this? New changes? 

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

So I just played a match on the Jarvis map and there was a 2 Seater AND A boat. It's always been a 4 seater and the boat.

Anyone else get this? New changes? 

It's only on Jarvis House map, it's kinda random in that map if you get two or four seater.

The devs said it is not intentional and will be fixed. There should always be a 4 seater with a boat. Until it's patched it's Hard Mode.

6 people like this

30 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The devs said it is not intentional and will be fixed. There should always be a 4 seater with a boat. Until it's patched it's Hard Mode.

Metal.

3 people like this

Don't patch it. I like the 2 seater with the boat. It makes the match more interesting. 

7 people like this

I think they should keep it, but it shouldn't always be the case.

1 person likes this

hell no, don't keep it, so far 70% of the time the propeller doesn't spawn in a place where you can grab it, so have one 2 seater to get out, and then the rest of you have to wait on the phone. I want the game to be fun.

Why does everyone need to escape every match? Two people escaping by car seems like a win to me.

5 people like this

Ah, I was thinking they made it especially tough this time.  Not that I have a huge problem with it.  The only thing I really do like about the four seater is it's probably the biggest incentive for people to work together.  Nobody really teams up in anything but pairs to work on the other stuff.

not every "needs" to escape, its more about giving people a reason/ a hope to look for things and play together.  you need the illusion that the majority of people can escape, without it no reason to play that map.

New map is prett hard.... probably need to just get used to it but 6-7 matches and I found no propeller or gas and just hard to get around... definitely the toughest map for Jason..... rain looks and sounds great though so nice job on that and I hope we have rain on other maps too not just Jarvis 

6 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Don't patch it. I like the 2 seater with the boat. It makes the match more interesting. 

Agreed.  We thought it was a cool twist when it happened to our room last night.  It also happened to be our first match on Jarvis House.  I assumed it was completely intentional.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Why does everyone need to escape every match? Two people escaping by car seems like a win to me.

I am pretty sure the Jarvis map is a cursed map for me. I have literally never escaped on that map. Had a glimmer of hope when the police were called one game then making my way down the exit road Jason somehow morphs right in front of me. Denied again :) one day, one day. 

I feel that a boat should be on EVERY map and it should randomly flip between 2 and 4 seat car.

Remember, escaping is the exception, not the norm. Even if there is 7/8 counselors, no reason that a maximum of 4 ever get to escape.

Playing the Jarvis map as Part 4 Jason let me experience how large the map was without popping around all the time and as a counselor, it was a viable strategy to try and hide in cabins and spread out because Jason would hunt you down.

Even when the cops were called, the 5 minutes it took for them to show up resulted in two deaths, and even after they showed up, two more people died with only one escaping by the cops.

1 person likes this

On the flip side, from what I've seen(and this could be due to unfamiliarity with the new map), it appears to be easier to survive the night on that map because it is so massive.

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I feel that a boat should be on EVERY map and it should randomly flip between 2 and 4 seat car.

Remember, escaping is the exception, not the norm. Even if there is 7/8 counselors, no reason that a maximum of 4 ever get to escape.

Playing the Jarvis map as Part 4 Jason let me experience how large the map was without popping around all the time and as a counselor, it was a viable strategy to try and hide in cabins and spread out because Jason would hunt you down.

Even when the cops were called, the 5 minutes it took for them to show up resulted in two deaths, and even after they showed up, two more people died with only one escaping by the cops.

Yes.  Jarvis House is a huge map, and was very difficult to control for me as Jason.  Maybe it was that the map was unfamiliar, but I had a real hard time tracking people down.  It's easy enough for the counselors to split up and cabin hop without throwing in the 4 seater car as an option.  Given the size and how spread out objectives are there, minimizing the vehicular escapes is a welcomed plus for Jason.

1 person likes this

I played this map 6 times last night, and I only escaped once by the cops.😅

I don't mind it being hard mode.  Even with the inadvertent 2 seater/boat combo, it's still a great zone to survive in.    

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I don't mind it being hard mode.  Even with the inadvertent 2 seater/boat combo, it's still a great zone to survive in.    

It's pretty impressive, though as a lot of people noted, that was how it felt as part 4 who has fewer map control powers and s focused on 1 on 1 chases.

During one game, a Part 2 Jason joined and his ability to zip around the map via morph made it a LOT harder to survive.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

It's pretty impressive, though as a lot of people noted, that was how it felt as part 4 who has fewer map control powers and s focused on 1 on 1 chases.

During one game, a Part 2 Jason joined and his ability to zip around the map via morph made it a LOT harder to survive.

Oh most definitely.  Adjusting to one Jason is easy.  My favorite part is figuring out how to best adjust to ALL Jason's per map.  

OK, that's not true.  My favorite part is being to RP with my Tommy Chong voice.  But learning to adapt is a close second.  

59 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Oh most definitely.  Adjusting to one Jason is easy.  My favorite part is figuring out how to best adjust to ALL Jason's per map.  

OK, that's not true.  My favorite part is being to RP with my Tommy Chong voice.  But learning to adapt is a close second.  

haha!  Yep.  First match I was Mitch wearing tie dye, and it spawned me on SW corner of map away from everything.  Only weapon I could find was a pot and had to swim to central portion of the map.  It just felt so appropriate to be staggering through the woods as that character with only a kitchen pot to defend myself.  Every locked cabin door was met with "Dave's not here, man!"

1 person likes this

I like the 2 seater and boat. I would like that option on all the maps because it seriously does make it VERY fun and more terrifying when the escape options are limited. I realize it may not have been intentional but hell, everyone I've played with where this has happened has enjoyed the thrill of it.

2 hours ago, JPops said:

I am pretty sure the Jarvis map is a cursed map for me. I have literally never escaped on that map. Had a glimmer of hope when the police were called one game then making my way down the exit road Jason somehow morphs right in front of me. Denied again :) one day, one day. 

I escaped my first time on it, we got the cops called right at the start, and I even stayed behind a bit to make sure a limping Mitch made it.

I like how big the map is,  And love the cabins way out by themselves. Would be hard to escape from those. The way the rain sounds in and out of cabins are realistic and awesome.  Brings back the fear factor for me. Great job gun.  Looks like the game is going in a good direction.  I also noticed that all the character models have been tweaked and look good.  The only one that stood out as weird was tiffs bug eyes.  Hope that's cause they are bringing in the eye popping. 

I was lucky enough to use Part 4 on the Jarvis map.  Really cool to see the 2 seat.  Put all 3 traps on phone, and killed everyone.  Two people tried hiding against the boat after starting it, but when you press x near the boat it grabs them easily.  I feel like this was a fix because I thought previously you were safe if in the water and pressed against boat.