Peter1970

Grease Monkey perk massively REDUCED!

14 posts in this topic

After this latest update I have noticed that my rare Grease Monkey perk has been reduced form 42% to a lousy 12% !!!!!! WHY have you ruined this extremely useful and important perk!

Also why is there only a 2 seat car in the new map when there is a boat?!

1 person likes this

Lmao they ruined a perk that 25% of the time you don'tget to use?

At this rate, they're going to buff his grab range or give aim assist for shift grabs

1 person likes this

Make sure you unequip the perk & select it again or the 12% will not work either.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

After this latest update I have noticed that my rare Grease Monkey perk has been reduced form 42% to a lousy 12% !!!!!! WHY have you ruined this extremely useful and important perk!

Also why is there only a 2 seat car in the new map when there is a boat?!

First "Thick skin" now "grease monkey" can some Jason's please be happy that we have this wonderful game

I don't agree with nerfing it THAT bad. I had 49% Grease Monkey! And I got to use it ONCE! It was very nice when it happened. I still died but whatever. I think 49% could have been reduced to 30% max and that would have been acceptable. Just enough to be worth it but not so much that you get away all the time.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't agree with nerfing it THAT bad. I had 49% Grease Monkey! And I got to use it ONCE! It was very nice when it happened. I still died but whatever. I think 49% could have been reduced to 30% max and that would have been acceptable. Just enough to be worth it but not so much that you get away all the time.

Well I used this perk on several occasions and would have used it many more times over the months and perhaps years ahead. It is a far more useful perk than most.

Had a yellow one and from 34% is now on 11%.Anyone knows the epic grease monkey percentages?lowest and top?I d say 35% tops would be balanced.My yellow one saved me many times and was just perfect,i can imagine what epic could do pre patch.If the epic is now like the yellow used to be i ll be more that happy.

3 hours ago, Shadow_Master said:

Had a yellow one and from 34% is now on 11%.Anyone knows the epic grease monkey percentages?lowest and top?I d say 35% tops would be balanced.My yellow one saved me many times and was just perfect,i can imagine what epic could do pre patch.If the epic is now like the yellow used to be i ll be more that happy.

I had a rare 39% but I didn't know it changed so I didn't look at it. Kind of a bogus change though...

I had a red at like 43 or 48%, and now it is less than 20% (I think like 17% or something) with a high % on the negative part of the perk. It is basically useless now. 

It needed a hit for balancing purposes, but that is too much of a hit. I don't take it on any of my counselors anymore. 

We are working to rebalance perks against stats, so things are being done. We'll be monitoring feedback on how things go. 

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We'll be monitoring feedback on how things go.

This one didn't go well... Just an fyi.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

This one didn't go well... Just an fyi.

Sure it did. So we can't start the car with a snap of the finger now, but I'm sure if we could survive the apocalypse that was the original Thick Skin nerf, I'm sure we can manage to pull through this.

Honestly, I don't like this perk at all. There aren't any Friday the 13th movies I can think of where escaping by car was effective. It normally results in either the vehicle crashing, the person trying to escape dying, and even both on some occasions (heck Jason trashed an entire RV in Part 6).

IMO this perk should be dusted, and when someone fails to escape using the car then someone's going to either die miserably or burn a pocket knife. Meanwhile, while his/her friends fire up the car, they panic while using the original driver as a distraction. Or, at the very least, there should be a more meaningful con to this perk than just a "boat starting time penalty."

My take on the situation. 

Perks are limited to three. They need to be something that is worth not having other perks for. To take it a step further, some perks always provide a benefit (say, starting with firecrackers or map or having thick skin) Others are very situational (My dad's a cop, or grease monkey.) When situational perks are meh, they simply are not worth having. I lucked out and had an "epic" grease monkey perk of 48%. On the occasions that the car got put together and I had keys, or Jason disabled the car and I was able to get in the drivers seat, I had a reasonable chance of saving lives. Now with it bumped down to 14%, that extra second shaved off from when I'm not using the perk, isn't worth it. I'm better off getting an extra use of health spray or some such that can be used every game. 

1 person likes this