Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fair Play

Planing Special Party for My Youngest Daughter

9 posts in this topic

My youngest daughter will be turning 13 on Oct. 31. As she is a big fan of the F13 franchise, my wife and I are planning an extra special birthday party for her. I thought I'd reach out to the outspoken and creative members here. So far, my wife is planning on baking a cake and shaping it like a giant hockey mask. My daughter's best friend is taking care of inviting her closest friends, and my other daughters are overseeing some of the other details. Since our property is surrounded by trees, and there is a small pond in the middle of the woods, I was thinking of some kind of Camp Crystal Lake theme. If you have some awesome ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Is she a fan of the game at all? Just the films? How much time and money are you spending into it?

Dry ice in tubs make cool fog effects. 

A fake body or two hung up like a body trap would be fun. 

If you make a small shed you can camp in it like Jason.

Set up a small mini game where they have to find certain objects in time to "escape" while you chase them around. Download a ringtone or somehow play the music over a speaker to provide ambience. 

Snacks involving gummy worms or something crawling out of a torso, or severed head to provide a creepy buffet. Add other snacks they may enjoy that color can come into play. 

Camp fire and ghost stories like the beginning of Part 2.

Take time to talk about why sex and drugs are bad in the woods.

Come up with trivia games based off the series.

The small pond can have a raft with a fake body in it. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Since our property is surrounded by trees, and there is a small pond in the middle of the woods, I was thinking of some kind of Camp Crystal Lake theme. If you have some awesome ideas, I'd like to hear them.

I could think of an idea for your party. :lol:

You guys could go to a thrift store, but crappy clothes and cosplay their favorite characters. 

Make your own Jason mask. 

Let her be Jason and play hide and slash.

@Fair Play, my area has dollar stores that carry simple hockey masks during Halloween. If you have similar stores in your area with that kind of inventory, it could provide an inexpensive activity that packs a big punch. Some basic spray paint, paint brushes, poster paint, and creativity will give you a crafting activity that would eat up an hour of party time. I did this with my kids as a Saturday arts and crafts protect, and they loved it.

15 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Is she a fan of the game at all? Just the films? How much time and money are you spending into it?

Dry ice in tubs make cool fog effects. 

A fake body or two hung up like a body trap would be fun. 

If you make a small shed you can camp in it like Jason.

Set up a small mini game where they have to find certain objects in time to "escape" while you chase them around. Download a ringtone or somehow play the music over a speaker to provide ambience. 

Snacks involving gummy worms or something crawling out of a torso, or severed head to provide a creepy buffet. Add other snacks they may enjoy that color can come into play. 

Camp fire and ghost stories like the beginning of Part 2.

Come up with trivia games based off the series.

The small pond can have a raft with a fake body in it. 

She is indeed a fan of the game and the movies.

As far as a budget, I'm going all out. Of course cutting cost whenever possible is just as good.

I've purchased the movie soundtracks over the years, so I'm gonna put together a playlist of the best tracks for this party.

14 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I could think of an idea for your party. :lol:

I loved the video. Thanks for the link.

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

You guys could go to a thrift store, but crappy clothes and cosplay their favorite characters. 

Make your own Jason mask. 

Let her be Jason and play hide and slash.

My wife is checking out the local thrift stores for clothing and such.

I'm working on the mask as we speak.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@Fair Play, my area has dollar stores that carry simple hockey masks during Halloween. If you have similar stores in your area with that kind of inventory, it could provide an inexpensive activity that packs a big punch. Some basic spray paint, paint brushes, poster paint, and creativity will give you a crafting activity that would eat up an hour of party time. I did this with my kids as a Saturday arts and crafts protect, and they loved it.

My wife has picked up a lot of stuff from the local dollar stores. My other daughters will get together this weekend to start designing some of the scenery.

The biggest thing overall is keeping this a surprise from my daughter. Not the easiest thing to do, but will be well worth the look on her face on her birthday.

1 person likes this

Kind of wish I had been your kid now! Good luck! The party sounds like it will be amazing!

Can we come over?

Btw, Waxwork Records is putting out a cool vinyl issue of the Final Chapter soundtrack. Someone had also made a link to La La Land records that has part 2 and 3 on cd.

Out for curiosity, how did it go?

2 people like this

On 10/11/2017 at 11:42 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

LMAO

"Jason won't bother you if you don't have sex or do drugs, kids!

I've seen some cool box sets of all the films and some come with special booklets and even documentaries some times just check amazon