Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theiceman105

Buff Swift Attacker

28 posts in this topic

Seriously, double the values of it so it can actually make a difference. This perk is almost as useless as Part 7 Jason, and does nothing.

This is an indirect nerf to Jason, indirect buff to fighters.

Dr. Lecter likes this

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You're right. I don't use Swift Attacker because Jason is still faster and you only need to get off 1 attack in combat anyway. IF you miss your first attack you'll be dead anyway.

You are very so correct, Jolly

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You're right. I don't use Swift Attacker because Jason is still faster and you only need to get off 1 attack in combat anyway. IF you miss your first attack you'll be dead anyway.

Absolutely! 

Unrelated comment; everytime I see you around in the forums I find myself singing the name, lol.

7 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Absolutely! 

Unrelated comment; everytime I see you around in the forums I find myself singing the name, lol.

Now you got it stuck in my head 

Vorhees a Jolly good fellow, vorhees a jolly good fellow, vorhees a jolly good fellllllllllllow......in which everybody has to die, everybody has to die. Vorhees a jolly good fellow....................and everyone has to die :P

37 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Vorhees a Jolly good fellow, vorhees a jolly good fellow, vorhees a jolly good fellllllllllllow......in which everybody has to die, everybody has to die. Vorhees a jolly good fellow....................and everyone has to die :P

Thanks for getting it stuck in my head, Lazerus86

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

We are both helping each other to expand our names into the collective consciousness like a musical sickness, aren't we? ;D 

Affirmative.

8 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Good job on the tune. Wish I thought of it.

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but honestly I think it's a terrible idea to make this perk better.

For starters, Friday the 13th is a game where people are mostly freaking out while running away from a supernatural mass murderer with titanic strength. If conditions were made that could make it possible for dumb teenagers to suddenly fight at the same level as Jason, then Jason will be less threatening immersion wise.

When attacks do work, it's mainly because you either swarmed him, used a firearm/baseball bat (which aren't common finds in-game), or you managed to surprise him. This I like because it rewards smart on-the-fly thinking and/or teamwork. Buffing Swift Attacker so your counselor can fight at Jason's level essentially makes Jason not "special" anymore, especially since his grabs could end up being slower than a counselor's weapon swing. You might as well play MKX to get your fix of fighting against Jason as whomever.

14 hours ago, Trident77 said:

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but honestly I think it's a terrible idea to make this perk better.

For starters, Friday the 13th is a game where people are mostly freaking out while running away from a supernatural mass murderer with titanic strength. If conditions were made that could make it possible for dumb teenagers to suddenly fight at the same level as Jason, then Jason will be less threatening immersion wise.

When attacks do work, it's mainly because you either swarmed him, used a firearm/baseball bat (which aren't common finds in-game), or you managed to surprise him. This I like because it rewards smart on-the-fly thinking and/or teamwork. Buffing Swift Attacker so your counselor can fight at Jason's level essentially makes Jason not "special" anymore, especially since his grabs could end up being slower than a counselor's weapon swing. You might as well play MKX to get your fix of fighting against Jason as whomever.

You a bad Jason? Jason can grab mid-swing, which I do all the time, even to counselors who try to surprise me. It needs a buff, because groups die due to the hit detection

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

You a bad Jason? Jason can grab mid-swing, which I do all the time, even to counselors who try to surprise me. It needs a buff, because groups die due to the hit detection

You can insult me all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this perk will likely never be changed. It's a non-issue, and as someone who mains counselor I'll cringe if I suddenly see teenagers able to fight on par with Jason.

Except, maybe, Tommy Jarvis, but that can be a specific buff for him because he's a hero in-game.

I don't know about everyone else, but this is a hard perk for me to roll in any variety.  I have an uncommon now which makes a world of difference.  I can't believe how slow counselors swing their weapons without it and how much range (NOT SPD) Jason's grab has.  I mean you can start your swing three ft away and he can still walk up and grab. 

@Trident77

I doubt that increasing the effectiveness of this perk is going to put the counselors on par with Jason.

33 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

I don't know about everyone else, but this is a hard perk for me to roll in any variety.  I have an uncommon now which makes a world of difference.  I can't believe how slow counselors swing their weapons without it and how much range (NOT SPD) Jason's grab has.  I mean you can start your swing three ft away and he can still walk up and grab. 

@Trident77

I doubt that increasing the effectiveness of this perk is going to put the counselors on par with Jason.

Thank you

Heh, the whole irony about this topic for me is that I just rolled an epic Swift Attacker Perk today.

Well...if the developers decide they absolutely want to buff this perk, looks like I'll be reapin' the reward. Guess I can bust out Buggzy again when that time comes...

7 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Heh, the whole irony about this topic for me is that I just rolled an epic Swift Attacker Perk today.

Well...if the developers decide they absolutely want to buff this perk, looks like I'll be reapin' the reward. Guess I can bust out Buggzy again when that time comes...

Haha, yup

3 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Meanwhile I keep getting Easy Listening, Aquanaut, Grinder, Heavy mover, Heavy sleeper and Quiet Swimmer 90% of the time. Fuck my life. 

Atleast Grinder has a use

4 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

Atleast Grinder has a use

Not when you're a geek like me and you reached maximum leven within the first two weeks, lol.  

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Not when you're a geek like me and you reached maximum leven within the first two weeks, lol.  

I take back what I said then