Shadesofjoe

Quick Part 4 Initial Impressions

50 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tjohnnyblue said:

Not really, about the same.

I dunno dude,just saw this video of Part 4 chasing Mitch...

He does seem a bit faster than Part 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

did anybody else notice that you can't hear his foot steps when in stalk.

I'm so happy the developers made this change to stalk. I was hoping Part4 would have a silent footsteps ability.

Does anyone know if all Jason's have silent steps in stalk mode?

1 person likes this

P4 is relentless. Went 7/8 first game (player quit at the beginning) and tore down every door in 2 hits, keeping the pressure on the counselors. Really like him so far.

So far he is good on the Jarvis map I got 7/7 and 7/8 one got away by boat my fault I forgot about it but there is a big problem to me and extremely annoying is when trying to combat stance the damn doors he keeps hitting the damn top of the door frame and it doesn't follow through so yeah he may break doors down in two hits but it's taking me four to try to even do damage to the door I don't like doing the stupid sequence so it's a pain and they need to fix it.

2 hours ago, Shaild said:

Is the part 4 theme like the one on the trailer or is different?

Same.

I don't like that they are going all over the place with how they are distributing the pros and cons. I think it should be consistent, like any Jason with a +Destruction would always destroy a door in 3 hits, any Jason without is always 5 or 6(I vote  5), like with the trap count. We have 3-5-7 traps so we should have that same kind of consistency across other abilites instead of weird values. Hopefully it's just a bug that he destroys doors in 2 hits because if that's the case then that just give more credence to speed-looting with doors open and I don't like that.

Had two games with him.

8/8 and 5/8. I let the 4 seater get away with 3 people in it. 😠

I don't like 3 traps jasons on maps with both the 2 seater and 4 seater. Hard to guard both. With the boat replacing the 2 seater it's more manageable.

6 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Are you crazy,he can destroy a door in 2 hits,while Part 8 and Savini who also have +destruction can only do it in 3 hits...

Good point, I would trade weapon strength for at least 5 traps lol

11 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Good to hear people are liking the theme/character/map.

Still no update on PC yet.

I think when (if) Roy gets added. They should give him the theme they gave Part 6 since it sounds much more similar to that film and perhaps rip something from Part 6, like the intro music in particular and give that to him.

Part 7 needs something that sounds more like what Fred Mollin did for that film. Maybe even the same thing, give him the Part 7 intro music that was pretty simple in tune.

No idea what you give Jason X. I'd almost consider Harry doing something old school sounding, even though its gonna look silly for the silliest looking Jason.

I remember a teaser trailer for jason x and it closed with "let the bodies hit the floor" how's that do for you? Lol. That being said i would love the shack radio's to play songs actually heard in the films. Violet's dance music from the radio would be too cool.

My first impression his three kills didn’t count towards the PhD achievement.

3 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

The door breaking seemed the same to me.  Still took like 4 hits.

Nope,it's 2 hits,try to do the door breakdown animation instead of the combat stance you'll see...

Anyone i saw using Part 4 were all able to destroy a barricaded door in 2 hits.

I’m willing to bet weapon damage boost affects doors now.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:13 AM, FreakyFrank1 said:

Nope,it's 2 hits,try to do the door breakdown animation instead of the combat stance you'll see...

Anyone i saw using Part 4 were all able to destroy a barricaded door in 2 hits.

I played as part 4 Jason on the Jarvis house map and it took 4 hits to break down doors that were barricaded. I play on Xbox.

What about the map? I haven't played yet and don't want to watch any videos until I play. But I'm anxious to hear about the map itself.

36 minutes ago, Xaeroh said:

I’m willing to bet weapon damage boost affects doors now.

That's actually mentioned in recent patch notes.

24 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I played as part 4 Jason on the Jarvis house map and it took 4 hits to break down doors that were barricaded. I play on Xbox.

I don't know how this is working. From what i've seen prior. A jason with a destruction strength is breaking barricaded doors in 3 hits, p7 and p6 have been seen doing it in 4 hits. P4 should be breaking them in neither 2 or 4 hits but 3 as is the standard set by the other 2 jasons that have destruction as a strength.

I am loving this patch.  The new Jason, the Jarvis Map, and the weather that appears on and off on ALL maps.  When I entered lobbied, I kept hearing people worrying about how the rain would impact their framerate, and at the end of the match heard those same people cheering about how well the rain worked and the fact that they maintained their framerate quality.

Also, Mitch is awesome.  I hope they give Fox a similar quality treatment, otherwise I suspect the campsites are going to start looking like a Burning Man sausage party haha.

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Either you are lying or there's an unbalance between the different ports (PC/XBOX/PS4).

I was watching the Slash N Cast youtube podcast the other night and when they played part 4 Jason they could destroy the door in 2 hits.

Just saw a video by ImAgility and at 2:40 the guy playing Jason took the door down in 3 hits,so yeah there might be something off with the versions.

Edit:just watched this video...yup it's 2 hits for a barricaded door on the Playstation 4,while the Xbox/PC is 3 hits or sometime 4 hits...

Go to 4:10 of the video to see Part 4 destroying a cabin barricaded door in 2 hits...

edit 2:just finished watching the video and i noticed that it's 3 hits if you do a melee attack on the door. (On PS4)

Zuxi8Qk.png

I actually changed my mind about Pig splitters Jason's kills, now that I've bought them & used em myself, they're pretty cool. This Jason is a lot of fun to play, it's hard to cover objectives but he's a blast. 

On a side note....why are hosts not selecting the Jarvis map most rounds?? I mean come on haven't you had enough of Packanak or Higgins Haven already damn. I'd think everybody wants to explore the new stuff 

1 person likes this

I actually had a guy rage quit because people kept picking the Jarvis house. Personally, it's my favorite map so too bad for him!

1 person likes this

He runs faster than P2 and P3. I climbed out of a window as he was finishing his door breaking animation and I didn't have any time to run away. He was on top of me that fast. His footsteps also seem really quiet, even when not in Stalk. I had one chasing me in the Higgins House and I couldn't hear his footsteps at all. I've always heard them, even with the music playing in the background. 

First impression - I like the abilities and kills, but his look seems off. I cannot place my finger on it, but something seems different.

Finally got to play as Part IV last night (Higgins Haven small). Only got 2/7 (definitely not my best showing) but I enjoyed the match (good group of counselors).

The Jarvis map is very nice, especially how movie accurate it is. The thunderstorms are awesome and nighttime seems a little darker now.

Still loving this game. Can’t wait for Amazon to deliver the physical copy today and check out the blood spatter.

Does he run faster than part 2/3 Jasons? Cause it seems like his steps are longer and he's sped up quite a tad. Which is actually good cause Ted White bolted outside after that blonde in one scene.

Yeah,i was watching a girl gamer video on youtube and even she said that Part 4 Jason seem to be a bit faster than 2 & 3.

Someone really need to do a side by side comparaison video of Part 2,3 and 4 running to see wich one is faster,just make him run from the entrance of Jarvis house to the entrance of the vacation house or from Higgins house to the barn.

As for the environments being darker,i like it,it actually look a bit more like the earlier build of the game,the one where Jason leave a trace of smoke when he teleport.