Shadesofjoe

Quick Part 4 Initial Impressions

50 posts in this topic

1) It's nice to have another running Jason. He's good at keeping the pressure on a counselor.

2) He knocks down barricaded doors in two (two!) hits. 

3) Killed a counselor with three weapon swings.

4) Some people can deal with the -shift... I am not one of them.

All in all, this seems like a great Jason for small maps and a mediocre one for standard size. Your mileage may vary, however, because knocking down doors in two hits seems really fucking good when you consider that specific trait in a vacuum.

13 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

4) Some people can deal with the -shift... I am not one of them.

If you are used to playing as Part 2 Jason then this won't really bother you at all, but the -traps will kinda hurt. 3 traps is just not enough.

Hopefully the +weapon and destruction will make up for the trap shortage.

Dr. Lecter and NoOneK9503 like this

Taking in mind that Part 2 and 9 are my mains i won't have trouble as him, i played 5 matches as 7 and i got 7/7 so i won't get trouble with him.
Actually sorry, i got 5/8 in one and 6/7 in another

I had a great first round. Destruction and running is awesome. There was hardly a door remaining on camp. Great Jason to keep pressure on. I barely noticed the shift decrease.

Here's a Part 4 Jason kills montage from the guys at Slash N Cast...

Also can anyone confirm if Part 4 Jason is faster than Part 2 and 3 when running or does he has the same speed ?

2 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

Here's a Part 4 Jason kills montage from the guys at Slash N Cast...

Also can anyone confirm if Part 4 Jason is faster than Part 2 and 3 when running or does he has the same speed ?

Not really, about the same.

1 minute ago, Not Shelly said:

Part 4 is kickass! The destruction is a plus, along with the running! And all 3 of his weapon kills are insane! I love Part 4! 

Agreed!

2 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Part 4 Jason's music is great!  Very much makes you feel like you're in the movie.

Agree. In my very first match on the map, the Part IV Jason theme was playing with rain effects - and the chase from Jarvis house to Party house was very immersive and felt straight of the movie. The weather effects seem to make the map darker as well...a few times the Part IV Jason theme has fired up and I've done a visual 360 to try to locate him, and haven't. The added layer of darkness and storm effects make it more disorientating. Survival horror. Excellent stuff.

4 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Is the part 4 theme like the one on the trailer or is different?

Yep its one from the trailer with more recognisable Part IV score motifs I believe. It sounds almost as if it is lifted from the original score. I'm not sure if it's a new Harry piece he has recorded or an original piece. Is the most "classic", "80's" sounding of all the "Jason themes" so far. 

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yep its one from the trailer with more recognisable Part IV score motifs I believe. It sounds almost as if it is lifted from the original score. I'm not sure if it's a new Harry piece he has recorded or an original piece. Is the most "classic", "80's" sounding of all the "Jason themes" so far. 

Sweet, can't wait to try it out....oh well, i can't hear it if i'm Jason....well, you know :P

Splatterhouse likes this

Good to hear people are liking the theme/character/map.

Still no update on PC yet.

I think when (if) Roy gets added. They should give him the theme they gave Part 6 since it sounds much more similar to that film and perhaps rip something from Part 6, like the intro music in particular and give that to him.

Part 7 needs something that sounds more like what Fred Mollin did for that film. Maybe even the same thing, give him the Part 7 intro music that was pretty simple in tune.

No idea what you give Jason X. I'd almost consider Harry doing something old school sounding, even though its gonna look silly for the silliest looking Jason.

Splatterhouse likes this

I think part 4 Jason's kills are kinda meh...I thought the Chop suey would be like Mortal Kombat like where the counselor's whole body would be sliced in half. He kind of brings the pig splitter down like a food chopper & decapitates, it's okay prolly my favorite of the 3. 

The one where he throws the pig splitter is kinda cool because of the sound the knife makes when it hits the ground. 

7 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Good to hear people are liking the theme/character/map.

Still no update on PC yet.

I think when (if) Roy gets added. They should give him the theme they gave Part 6 since it sounds much more similar to that film and perhaps rip something from Part 6, like the intro music in particular and give that to him.

Part 7 needs something that sounds more like what Fred Mollin did for that film. Maybe even the same thing, give him the Part 7 intro music that was pretty simple in tune.

No idea what you give Jason X. I'd almost consider Harry doing something old school sounding, even though its gonna look silly for the silliest looking Jason.

Got to agree. I feel the Part 6 music doesn't feel like it's from Jason Lives. It feels more like something from Parts 1-4, doesn't bear any resemblance to anything from the film - and yes, same goes for Part 7 Jason. Both great pieces from Harry, just doesn't resonate with the respective film(s) for me.  

tyrant666 likes this

Interesting that one of his pig splitter kills is actually the kill performed on him in the final minutes of the movie. To the exact detail it seems.

Good call.

26 minutes ago, The7Reaper said:

He's not bad but I would trade the destruction perk if I could have 5 traps lol

Are you crazy,he can destroy a door in 2 hits,while Part 8 and Savini who also have +destruction can only do it in 3 hits...