GunMedia_Ben

All the things wrong with the newest patch - J4 Update

187 posts in this topic

@GunMedia_Ben Jason isn't getting versitile/environmental XP.  Counselors getting stuck in the boat at the dock, then the boat couldn't be flipped in the water. Pocket knife not registering, when hit with firecrackers with counselor in a grab, Jason doesn't drop them and can kill them right after the stun animation.

I also had a glitch where on Jarvis House, every time when Jason comes up behind Jeff in his chair and chokes him out, the chase music of Part 8 would play, even though Jason was always Part 4.

I also encountered numerous instances of doors not appearing, but counselors still able to barricade the doorway.

Two things on new Jarvis map, both items as Jason Part 3.

1. I went to morph to the location of the police on the north road and instead it spawned me to the east and in the water, closer to the boat escape exit around there. Tried this multiple times and verified it did this each time.

2. Encountered a couple of people playing as the newest counselor, Mitch, while in the same match as the one above. Both of the Mitch's had what felt like infinite amount of pocket knives and firecrackers. Possibly an already existing glitch, or if it's not just maybe an exploitation of the new counselor. 

The newest update is great. I cannot wait to play as Jason Part 4!

9 hours ago, Revolt Frenzy said:

The main issue that i have found so far is when i got to play part 4 jason for the first time it took me 4 hits to knock down all barricaded doors where it takes part 8 only 2 hits. This is on xbox one and i was playing on the jarvis map with rain 

Hold the button. Two hits.

I don't know if this is wrong or what, but I run medic, so I'd get a health spray, get the little (2) indicator, and be on my way. But then, once I hand it off, it's still a two spray use, even for people without the perk.

When performing the "chop suey" kill with part 4 Jason, the counselor's body sometimes disappears when he kicks them down, so you are using the pig splitter on nothing for the finale of the kill.

There is still an issue on all Jasons/kills where sometimes when you grab a counselor and initiate a kill animation, the sound of the entire kill plays out successfully but the animation does not. During this time Jason becomes stuck and does not actually kill the counselor and it is treated as a break free, leaving Jason stunned for several seconds

4 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

When performing the "chop suey" kill with part 4 Jason, the counselor's body sometimes disappears when he kicks them down, so you are using the pig splitter on nothing for the finale of the kill.

There is still an issue on all Jasons/kills where sometimes when you grab a counselor and initiate a kill animation, the sound of the entire kill plays out successfully but the animation does not. During this time Jason becomes stuck and does not actually kill the counselor and it is treated as a break free, leaving Jason stunned for several seconds

Yeah, some of the new kills for J4, the POV seems slightly off. We start from a good clear point, but once Jason starts the kill, the focus locks on his body even as the action we want to see is happening off screen at the end of the blade.

Regardless of the issues big and small. This is amazing.  I don't care what the problems are. At the end of the day we were given a bad ass game,and it's the only one in existence like it. 

I just want to say thank you to the developers for all the endless work you put into fixING the issues we players have.

Ignore all the spoiled product sponge fools who bitch bc of the problems.  Your fans love you guys!

Thanks for the new updates. I can't wait to dig into the new map and Jason.  I'm waiting until tommorow. 

1 person likes this

Baseball bat is still breaking in 2 hits as Chad. 

I thought they fixed the weapon durability? Or perhaps the baseball bat itself was nerf?

I was playing on the Jarvis map last night and noticed that the sounds for when the cops are called didn't play. I was a counselor and all of a sudden the timer popped up but I didn't hear anything. Not that big of a deal since you can still see the timer, but I also don;t know if Jason was able to hear it. Come to think of it, maybe it did play but I couldn't hear it over the rain. I'm not sure if it was raining in that match but that might explain it.

I can't spectate other players after I die or escape.  Camera stays on me. 

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I can't spectate other players after I die or escape.  Camera stays on me. 

I have to ask, did you try pressing the "A" button? lol

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

I have to ask, did you try pressing the "A" button? lol

I button mashed everything possible.  Nothing.  No prompts, no changes. 

I've only played three matches after the update but I've only experienced a couple things. After my bat clipped through Jason and didn't connect I came back as Tommy and as I was doing random things I was being rewarded xp for things I've previously done as Chad (setting a trap, barricading a door, etc.) Has this always been like that and I just never noticed? I don't die very often and I don't get the pleasure to come back as Tommy a lot. There is also an invisible barrier next to one of the roads about six-eight foot long on the new Jarvis Map that you have to run around. It doesn't seem like a big deal unless you're unlucky enough to hit it while being chased. If it's something not well known I'll upload a picture of the spot it's at so it could possibly get checked out. I was hoping my man Chad got his fighting game back but oh well. Digging the fixes so far except for Grease Monkey....Changed my playstyle after the last patch since fighting Jason was almost useless and cranking the car up like it wasn't bought from ShittySteves Used Car Emporium was helpful lol. I miss BattleChad but I'm glad you guys are putting so much effort into development. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I button mashed everything possible.  Nothing.  No prompts, no changes. 

I figured

1st game since update. 3 mins in. Dashboarded. Mint.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ShYgUy said:

Regardless of the issues big and small. This is amazing.  I don't care what the problems are. At the end of the day we were given a bad ass game,and it's the only one in existence like it. 

I just want to say thank you to the developers for all the endless work you put into fixING the issues we players have.

Ignore all the spoiled product sponge fools who bitch bc of the problems.  Your fans love you guys!

Thanks for the new updates. I can't wait to dig into the new map and Jason.  I'm waiting until tommorow. 

Sorry to tell you, but this thread was specifically made for players to complain about problems with the game; by a Gun Media employee, no less. How else are the developers going to know about what needs to be fixed? Magic? Unicorns? Their QA team? 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Magic? Unicorns?

With the power of magic and friendship this purple pony shall fix it! 

b4c.gif

Oh.... crap... Um.... Guess we'll have to have the devs fix the game....

There' seem to be some un-balance with how fast Jason destroy barricaded doors.

Some guy said it took 4 hits to destroy a barricaded door,another say it's 3 hits,but i saw a video where it's 2 hits.

Some of us are talking about it here... 

20 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

What did we fudge up that isn't in this thread? 

Please let us know and we will unfudge as quickly as possible. 

-Ben

excellent work on the map, the detail is great!, mitch the stoner, funny and good choice for character, he needs a "smoke a joint" emote, but that might get the young gamer community parents mad lol

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Hold the button. Two hits.

I am doing breaking down the doors by holding the button. I never do the combat stance to knock down doors. On xbox one right now it takes 4 hits to knock down the door which really takes away a major strength of part 4 jason. I noticed by watching various streams that this issue isnt happening on pc and ps4.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

I was playing on the Jarvis map last night and noticed that the sounds for when the cops are called didn't play. I was a counselor and all of a sudden the timer popped up but I didn't hear anything. Not that big of a deal since you can still see the timer, but I also don;t know if Jason was able to hear it. Come to think of it, maybe it did play but I couldn't hear it over the rain. I'm not sure if it was raining in that match but that might explain it.

Yeah i have noticed this as well. There is no audio that plays after the cops are called. This is happening to me on xbox one atleast

1. The Psychic perk doesn't appear to be working properly. Had it equipped in the 1st slot where I normally do (using Mitch) and I still had to go find a walkie talkie. I'm not sure if the broadcast range was working correctly, but the counselor definitely wasn't coming into the match with one.

2. Breaking free (traps and Jason's grab) is not working correctly. The meter fills up to full, empties, and then you have to tap like two more times to finish the break free. Some others I played with noted this as well.

17 hours ago, Tiffany said:

One issue I had on the new Jarvis map was when I was calling Tommy Jarvis on the radio, the dial that shows how much time I have left til the call is complete didn’t show.

I get this and with door barricading too.