GunMedia_Ben

All the things wrong with the newest patch - J4 Update

187 posts in this topic

had a 2 seater and boat spawn on the javis map, and the boat was effed because the propeller wasn't something you could grab, was the most northwestern cabin

9iWsL7j.jpg

 

also at times various counselors were invisible to the person playing them, happened like 4 times to different people playing different counselors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing on Xbox. We've had a few tonight.

-Some counselors were invisible in the selection screen. happened once for A.J. and twice for Deborah.
-Twice, a player was invisible to himself during the match, but everyone else could see him fine. It was the Jarvis map, both raining and regular, and all he could see was the weapon in is hand floating in mid-air. He played Buggzy both times.
-Part 4 Jason took several more hits than usual (like 7 or 8) to break down a door. Jarvis Map again.
-Part 4 Jason would strike the door dead center, but the hit registered was on top of the door frame, causing no damage to the door. Happened on multiple maps with and without combat stance.
-Rain particles floating in mid-air inside a cabin in Higgins Haven.
-The picture below is how my friend playing Jason was seeing my A.J., but I saw her with normal skin color. Happened on the Jarvis map, and if I recall correctly, it wasn't the one with the rain storm. 

Messaging1507784728045.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all though @GunMedia_Ben this was a great patch. Thanks for releasing it early.

P.S. Fix Jenny's red and white shirt it's my favorite.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you sacked the 3 monkeys you call testers. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The character select screens are really slow and sticky. Textures take longer than before to pop up, and the portraits look worse.

I think the issue is with lighting for the aesthetic element. The Jasons used to look really cool. Now they all have black holes where their eyes should be and super-bright masks because they all have a weird, harsh spotlight on them.

It looks really crappy. Another issue like the font where something fine was broken for no reason at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The character select screens are really slow and sticky. Textures take longer than before to pop up, and the portraits look worse.

I think the issue is with lighting for the aesthetic element. The Jasons used to look really cool. Now they all have black holes where their eyes should be and super-bright masks because they all have a weird, harsh spotlight on them.

It looks really crappy. Another issue like the font where something fine was broken for no reason at all.

I think they look better. They look crisper. Maybe a bit too bright as you said. Overall I like it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The character select screens are really slow and sticky. Textures take longer than before to pop up, and the portraits look worse.

I think the issue is with lighting for the aesthetic element. The Jasons used to look really cool. Now they all have black holes where their eyes should be and super-bright masks because they all have a weird, harsh spotlight on them.

It looks really crappy. Another issue like the font where something fine was broken for no reason at all.

I think the Jason select screen looks way better now, the posture and the models all look good and match each other. They looked bad and inconsistent before. Lighting is a different issue but it's definitely better overall. They are in order now too, but all that remains is to enable scrolling through with R1 from earliest to oldest Jason instead of the reverse direction as it is currently.

All the models look more detailed now too, even if does take a second to load the full textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I think they look better. They look crisper. Maybe a bit too bright as you said. Overall I like it though.

Crisp is bad.

It's a horror game. They looked moody before. Compare Part 3 on the title screen to Part 3 in the character select. I assume it's the same model, but one looks realistic, while the other looks painfully like a videogame character.

Horror is all about lighting. Jason should never have a glarey spotlight on him. It makes the lighter coloured masks reflect all the light and bury a ton of detail in the shade. The fact the working eyes on the zombies are in shadow makes this worse, as totally lose that detail.

The counselors also look like they're being interrogated. Oddly, they've kept the much superior lighting in the model viewer for changing clothes.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malken said:

Messaging1507784728045.jpg

Well I guess this confirms it. :lol:

y4mkBHomdpJ2yhMXVKwbNDBSnEDsY0NZcNnIP8Ml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I think the rain audio could do with a little variation and/or being toned down indoors, or being made less harsh overall.

It can ruin the atmosphere listening to the same harsh audio loop for 15 minutes straight. I understand rain is rain, but player experience should come or realism here.

I play with a guy with Misophonia, and I genuinely worry it might have ruined the game for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn't fix a damn thing for connection issues. I'm on ps4 and have only made it thru 4 out of 21 matches since update. The other 17 were connection timed out or host left the game. Saw Tommy stuck in a bookcase one match, another match saw a guy trapped in a corner behind a chair. Can't wait for the shit storm of people losing their minds when they buy a hard copy. 40/50 dollar frisbee woooooooo!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Crisp is bad.

It's a horror game. They looked moody before. Compare Part 3 on the title screen to Part 3 in the character select. I assume it's the same model, but one looks realistic, while the other looks painfully like a videogame character.

Horror is all about lighting. Jason should never have a glarey spotlight on him. It makes the lighter coloured masks reflect all the light and bury a ton of detail in the shade. The fact the working eyes on the zombies are in shadow makes this worse, as totally lose that detail.

The counselors also look like they're being interrogated. Oddly, they've kept the much superior lighting in the model viewer for changing clothes.

I suggest you do a direct comparison for yourself between the old and new version of Jason select screen. The old models were so inconsistent in both stature and posture, particularly Part 6 who just looked flat out bad. That to me is more important than the lighting which I don't actually see a problem with, other than a slight loss of shadow detail on some of the Jasons (not significant).

I do think the Counselor select screen can still be improved however.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea the new Jason select models look much better than they did before. 

 

Im starting to notice the memory leak issue rear its ugly head again. Tonight, in about 3 hours of play, between my friend and I we dashboarded 3 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I spawn in as a counselor I sometimes can only see my mini map.  Only Jason grabbing me can snap me out of it.  On PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

I suggest you do a direct comparison for yourself between the old and new version of Jason select screen. The old models were so inconsistent in both stature and posture, particularly Part 6 who just looked flat out bad. That to me is more important than the lighting which I don't actually see a problem with, other than a slight loss of shadow detail on some of the Jasons (not significant).

I do think the Counselor select screen can still be improved however.

I'm talking about lighting, not framing or posture. Though I think the closer angles were better as they made Jason look more hulking.

Now you see more of him than the counselors, which makes him seems smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I'm talking about lighting, not framing or posture. Though I think the closer angles were better as they made Jason look more hulking.

Now you see more of him than the counselors, which makes him seems smaller.

I think the Jasons being so up close was the reason why it looked bad before, and why I still don't like the counselor screen. They need to push the counselors back as well, the models themselves have improved but there is still work to do on it IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ipaidtobeabetatesterwtf said:

You didn't fix a damn thing for connection issues. I'm on ps4 and have only made it thru 4 out of 21 matches since update. The other 17 were connection timed out or host left the game. Saw Tommy stuck in a bookcase one match, another match saw a guy trapped in a corner behind a chair. Can't wait for the shit storm of people losing their minds when they buy a hard copy. 40/50 dollar frisbee woooooooo!

This tbh. I stopped keeping track of the amount of games that were lost due to "connectivity" by either myself or the host. all players should be rewarded with 5000 xp as a SMALL token for all the games we've lost. And that'a just for finishing 10 games not including all the other points that have been lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On PC

First off, I love the update. Love the rain. Jason 4 is fun to play as. The thunder and lightning are awesome!! Great job on the sound design. The new textures are nice. But I can see what ZooMalfunction is saying...there might be something a little too slick about it. It borders slightly on cartoonish, but I kinda like that, so... 

Jarvis map so far:

One of the roofs in a cabin (which I didn't notate, sorry) leaked rain. It would only show from certain angles. If I walked up to it, it would disappear. If I stepped back and turned a little, I could see it.

A tree cuts through the ceiling of a different cabin.

 

In general:

When close to a wall while inside a cabin, if you were to rotate your POV to where you're looking away from the wall that you are next to, you can hear the rain as if you were outside.

The sound of the rain cuts in abruptly when leaving a house or cabin. Sounds too unnatural. 

The rain might be a little too loud. I had trouble hearing people talk a lot of the times. 

Setting the map selection to Random only gave us the Jarvis map, no matter who was host. Could be coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined a mate's game that had already started and got a black spectate screen, could still hear everyone running and I could still see everyone's names but the map and the people themselves were gone.

I like the new map though, it's a lot smoother than the others. So far it's my favourite map. The new Jason is pretty good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played a match as Part IV Jason for the first time while trying the new content with my girlfriend. I get this every time I try playing Packanack with Part IV (yes, I turned my console on and off and tried reinstalling the game).

I present to you the ENTIRE match I played using Part IV for the very first time. :D:P  @GunMedia_Ben, @Gertz, @wes

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Just played a match as Part IV Jason for the first time while trying the new content with my girlfriend. I get this every time I try playing Packanack with Part IV (yes, I turned my console on and off and tried reinstalling the game).

I present to you the ENTIRE match I played using Part IV for the very first time. :D:P  @GunMedia_Ben, @Gertz, @wes

 

Funniest thing I've ever seen 😂what happens if you teleport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Funniest thing I've ever seen 😂what happens if you teleport?

I'd just get that weird sound that you hear when you try morphing into a cabin (or into the water on a small map). It basically just told me, "No, Jason. No."

Anyway, I had my girlfriend open a lobby herself and that seems to have fixed it for now......

 

Other petty glitches I've noticed with this new patch are as follows.....

1. When I was playing as Vanessa in various maps (Higgins Haven and Packanack for sure), putting her head in front of certain bright lights in cabins (lamps) will turn her hair to a really weird transparent glowing color.

2. Sometimes the white interaction circle will stick for counselors. I'm not sure how it happens, but I barricaded a door as Vanessa once and the interaction circle popped up and stayed there. I could see it from the opposite side of the map until I ran back to unlock the door.

3. Sometimes my counselor will not shut the fuck up. I'll deplete her stamina bar all the way, stand still for it to completely recharge, but she'll still be panting. I have to let the bar fully recharge and stand still for three or four seconds for her to shut up. I don't know how to reliably recreate this; it only happens occasionally and it's hard for me to explain. Not sure if Jason can hear this, but I could see it being a problem if I were trying to hide from him.

4. All Jasons I've played as post-patch can reliably break the door with combat stance, except for Part IV. It seems you have to take a step or two back after every hit to actually damage the door.

5. NO OPTION TO REPLACE THE EMOTE BUTTON WITH THE SCOREBOARD! I don't use emotes, nor will I ever. It would be awesome to be able to remap that button to make it useful again. Glad it's fixed for Jason, though.

 

That's really all I can think of off the top of my head. Besides being trapped as Part IV Jason on Packanack, this update has been great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think emotes should be removed too. It's too in the way of the scoreboard. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seeker said:

Yeah I think emotes should be removed too. It's too in the way of the scoreboard. 

I like the emotes but I understand why people hate how they are placed, on PS4 if you use the touch pad you can still see the score board you just gotta switch from the map and it's not that big of a pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Did you capture where this specifically occurred? 

It was heading toward the boat. I could see the boat from the mini map. Too bad I didn't get a screenshot of map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now