Gertz

State of the Patch - 10/11/2017

18 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I hope you are enjoying the new patch which includes a large number of bug fixes and new content!

We know we likely didn't fix everything that you feel is wrong with the game and we likely have new issues with the new content. I assure you we are doing our best to address the major issues as quick as possible as well as adding in new things for people to enjoy. The last few months have been hectic.

You can always submit bugs to the www.jasonkillsbugs.com website when you find them. We also are regularly in the F13 Discord channel and we monitor the forums for bug reports. If you post them there its likely we have seen the issue and have it logged.

Rather than leave you with the ra-ra speech I want to take a moment to break down some of the long term issues, new things we know about, and then how we are moving forward with getting them fixed for you.

Moving Forward

We have learned a lot over the last few months of being live and we have made the decision to move out a few items that were not listed in the road map to ensure we get better testing on the new content and allow time for developers to fix long standing bugs. This is happening immediately as of today.

Standing Major Issues

The Car/Boat

The vehicles are a mess. Its a physics driven object that players are able to freely drive around the map and in some cases interactions with other objects cause disastrous issues. To fix this we are moving our engine up to a newer version that includes a number of fixes to the physics systems and then from there we are going to hammer away at whatever remains. What we didn't want to do is fix the issues once and then have to fix them again as we implemented the new version of the engine so there has been a delay in getting everything wrapped up.

Integrating a new version of the engine is not insignificant. It requires us to isolate the game, see whats broken, and fix it all. It is then merged into our main development branch for everyone to start working from. Right now we are a few weeks away from being able to start working with the new version, from there we will have someone dedicated to fixing vehicle issues until the car and boat are in a better state.

Performance

Along with the Physics fixes mentioned above. The new version of the engine has a number of performance fixes, optimizations, and upgrades the game to DX12. 

We have also run an audit on all the maps to fix up any additional issues that may be causing additional performance hits. This is ongoing and now part of our process.

While nothing was a large increase in frames on their own we hope that all the little fixes over time start bringing it back up.

Perks

Over the last few patches we have fixed up a number of issues with Perks but I know there are a few still out there. Please let us know if you find anything else, we are looking into them all internal and fixing things as we find them.

Environmental Kills

There are a lot of kills placed all over the maps. We are doing an audit on all maps but it takes time to launch a game and move to each one to initiate a kill and make sure it works. If you know of a location that a kill is broken at let us know.

Jason not Receiving XP if the Counselor Disconnects

This will be fixed in the next patch.

Duplicate Tapes

Jason and Counselor Interactions

Grabs, characters intersecting with one another and becoming stuck, Jason smashing the car, flying counselors, Jason being able to destroy objects while holding counselors, etc. They are frustrating so one of the people we are freeing up is going to be working on all these.

New Issues

The below items are all fixed in the next patch or expected to be fixed
  • Spectators Dont See Rain
  • Jarvis House Stuck Spots
  • Boat Repair Location Doesnt Work on the Left Side of the Boat
  • Police Voice Queue After Calling The Police

If you run across any new issues please use the social channels mentioned above to get that info to us so we can get them fixed.

Thanks for your ears and I appreciate you reading through this post.

- Gertz

9 people like this

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the latest patch. B)

@Gertz Dumb question but how do you toggle rain on or off in private matches? I don't see an option. You guys said it'd be random in public and a toggle in private.

3 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

@Gertz Dumb question but how do you toggle rain on or off in private matches? I don't see an option. You guys said it'd be random in public and a toggle in private.

Oversight, we will have it in the next patch

- Gertz

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Gertz said:

Oversight, we will have it in the next patch

- Gertz

Thanks for the quick reply. What about counselors 'wet' look? Jason gets wet but not counselors. And will it work in water too not just rain?

Edit: Counselors are wet in rain but not on non rain maps when in water. Will that be fixed?

Thanks Gertz. You have been missed. Thanks for the straight to the point explanation. 

2 people like this

Thanks Gertz! Great info as always.

Really appreciate you posting here.

1 person likes this

Thx for keep update us!

BTW any news about xbox one X version? less than month but still no news.

Buying new emote pack just to support developers.

P.s. its funny to see fix for duplicated tapes....coz I still CANT FIND EVEN ONE!!!

Thanks for the notes and all the hard work you guys are doing. I appreciate the detail and the honesty with these.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Gertz said:
Hey everyone

I hope you are enjoying the new patch which includes a large number of bug fixes and new content!

We know we likely didn't fix everything that you feel is wrong with the game and we likely have new issues with the new content. I assure you we are doing our best to address the major issues as quick as possible as well as adding in new things for people to enjoy. The last few months have been hectic.

You can always submit bugs to the www.jasonkillsbugs.com website when you find them. We also are regularly in the F13 Discord channel and we monitor the forums for bug reports. If you post them there its likely we have seen the issue and have it logged.

Rather than leave you with the ra-ra speech I want to take a moment to break down some of the long term issues, new things we know about, and then how we are moving forward with getting them fixed for you.

Moving Forward

We have learned a lot over the last few months of being live and we have made the decision to move out a few items that were not listed in the road map to ensure we get better testing on the new content and allow time for developers to fix long standing bugs. This is happening immediately as of today.

Standing Major Issues

The Car/Boat

The vehicles are a mess. Its a physics driven object that players are able to freely drive around the map and in some cases interactions with other objects cause disastrous issues. To fix this we are moving our engine up to a newer version that includes a number of fixes to the physics systems and then from there we are going to hammer away at whatever remains. What we didn't want to do is fix the issues once and then have to fix them again as we implemented the new version of the engine so there has been a delay in getting everything wrapped up.

Integrating a new version of the engine is not insignificant. It requires us to isolate the game, see whats broken, and fix it all. It is then merged into our main development branch for everyone to start working from. Right now we are a few weeks away from being able to start working with the new version, from there we will have someone dedicated to fixing vehicle issues until the car and boat are in a better state.

Performance

Along with the Physics fixes mentioned above. The new version of the engine has a number of performance fixes, optimizations, and upgrades the game to DX12. 

We have also run an audit on all the maps to fix up any additional issues that may be causing additional performance hits. This is ongoing and now part of our process.

While nothing was a large increase in frames on their own we hope that all the little fixes over time start bringing it back up.

Perks

Over the last few patches we have fixed up a number of issues with Perks but I know there are a few still out there. Please let us know if you find anything else, we are looking into them all internal and fixing things as we find them.

Environmental Kills

There are a lot of kills placed all over the maps. We are doing an audit on all maps but it takes time to launch a game and move to each one to initiate a kill and make sure it works. If you know of a location that a kill is broken at let us know.

Duplicate Tapes

Jason and Counselor Interactions

Grabs, characters intersecting with one another and becoming stuck, Jason smashing the car, flying counselors, Jason being able to destroy objects while holding counselors, etc. They are frustrating so one of the people we are freeing up is going to be working on all these.

New Issues

The below items are all fixed in the next patch or expected to be fixed
  • Spectators Dont See Rain
  • Jarvis House Stuck Spots
  • Boat Repair Location Doesnt Work on the Left Side of the Boat
  • Police Voice Queue After Calling The Police

If you run across any new issues please use the social channels mentioned above to get that info to us so we can get them fixed.

Thanks for your ears and I appreciate you reading through this post.

- Gertz

With the patch for the duplicate tapes.  Will it be possible for people who have found duplicates that they will be exchanged for tapes they don't have?  I have found 8 tapes but only have credit for 6 due to two of them being duplicates I guess.

16 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

With the patch for the duplicate tapes.  Will it be possible for people who have found duplicates that they will be exchanged for tapes they don't have?  I have found 8 tapes but only have credit for 6 due to two of them being duplicates I guess.

I sure hope so... I only have 3 out of the 5 that I've found...

17 hours ago, Gertz said:

YES!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

Will the kill count now be updated to show the disconnected counselors? Like if you played today and killed all eight, but two DCed, it would say "Killed 6/8". Will it say "Killed 8/8" on the scoreboard? And will there be a fix for counselor bodies going limp during a kill, making it look like Jason's slashing at the air?

On 10/12/2017 at 9:18 AM, Stoneface said:

We wont be able to back fill unfortunately

I think there may be some confusion on the bloody variants. I had the digital and just got the disc version, but I do not have the prompt to “change skin”.

I am was reading a thread on the disc DLC, but there doesn’t appear to be a clear answer in the thread.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

As far as perks go, Sucker Punch seems to be the most widely known "completely broken" perk left to be looked at.

@Gertz Can the "wet look" for Jason and Counselors be applied for when you swim in the water on non-rain maps?

Most games allow that where your character gets wet when in water and dries off over a short time after leaving the water.

It just drives my OCD crazy to know wet models exist but my counselor is still dry as a desert while swimming and coming out of the water >_>

1 person likes this

On 13/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, Gertz said:

We wont be able to back fill unfortunately

Damn, that really fucking sucks. I have found 7 duplicates so far and was hoping they would end up counting after a new patch. Hopefully the new patch is coming soon.