[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes - 10.11.2017

65 posts in this topic

Not happy with the Emote Party Pack 1. I bought it on Thursday and was going to play with it today. When I go onto the counselor customize section, I click on emotes then click triangle for 'More Emotes'. Then the playstation store pops up, and a notification saying 'This Content cannot be selected at this time'. I say bullshit to this. I've seen people have the Party Pack. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Matthieusummers likes this

On 10/11/2017 at 9:50 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Some thoughts:

1. People unfamiliar with the films are getting the two houses confused because of the picture used in the map selection screen. They are calling the blue vacation house the "Jarvis" house instead of the log cabin. I think switching the map selection screen picture to the proper Jarvis house will help unfamiliar players to call out the correct house in matches.

2. I don't like how Part 4 Jason can destroy fortified doors in 2 hits. I heard it may be the case for all Jasons with + destruction. Is that so? If it is, I think it's going too far. I noticed that combat stance attacks and regular attacks require more hits to destroy the doors than the regular animations. It's 3 hits for Part 4 and combat stance vs 2 hits with the animation. I think it should be bumped up by 1 to 3 hits in the animation and 4 in combat stance. I suggest the folllowing change:

• -Destruction(If a Jason ever gets this weakness): 7 hits to destroy fortified doors, 4 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 2 hits for windowed doors.
  • Neutral Destruction: 5 hits to destroy fortified doors, 3 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 2 hits for windowed doors.
  • +Destruction: 3 hits to destroy fortified doors, 2 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 1 hit for windowed doors

In this system every Jason with a neutral Destruction would in a way get a buff against fortified doors by requiring 1 less hit(than pre-10/11/2017 patch), but would now take 2 hits to get past any door with a large window in it. A worthwhile trade-off in my opinion. It would make locking those doors actually worth it and the normal Destruction level Jasons get a mild buff per se.

If the 2 hits for barricaded doors is a bug that's fixed, Pt 4 will be borderline useless given his slow shift, slow water speed, limited traps, and normal morph. As it is, he's far less able to control a map than Pt. 2, which makes up for bad shift/water speed with a rapid morph, running, and many traps.

Knocking down doors fast just makes him more fun to chase counselors with, even if you know you're sacrificing the more important ability of objective control for that fun.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

If the 2 hits for barricaded doors is a bug that's fixed, Pt 4 will be borderline useless given his slow shift, slow water speed, limited traps, and normal morph. As it is, he's far less able to control a map than Pt. 2, which makes up for bad shift/water speed with a rapid morph, running, and many traps.

Knocking down doors fast just makes him more fun to chase counselors with, even if you know you're sacrificing the more important ability of objective control for that fun.

I learned that it's for all Jasons with a +Destruction, including Part 8 and Savini. They should change it back to 3 hits and give Part 4 -Less HP instead of -Water Speed.

I'm just thinking that it's pointless to lock doors against +Destruction Jasons now that they can destroy doors in 2 hits. Just play Vanessa and hope you can run the clock out.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I learned that it's for all Jasons with a +Destruction, including Part 8 and Savini. They should change it back to 3 hits and give Part 4 -Less HP instead of -Water Speed.

I'm just thinking that it's pointless to lock doors against +Destruction Jasons now that they can destroy doors in 2 hits. Just play Vanessa and hope you can run the clock out.

Alternatively, they could just give Pt. 4 the Savini stats, which would leave him as a fun chaser with excellent destruction even without 2 hit breakdowns.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Alternatively, they could just give Pt. 4 the Savini stats, which would leave him as a fun chaser with excellent destruction even without 2 hit breakdowns.

No I don't agree with that. Savini should stay unique.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No I don't agree with that. Savini should stay unique.

The skin should remain exclusive, but nobody ever promised backers a unique set of Jason pros/cons.

My game is working like a charm again. The Jarvis Map is so freaking amazing! I had to lock myself in Tommy's room just to check all the masks and all the great work you guys did. Well done, Devs!

On 2017-10-12 at 4:28 AM, Champ0121 said:

Love this game but havent played recently because the gameplay feels slow due to the framerate. we need some sort of PS4 Pro patch. Preferbly 60fps on the current graphic settings?

My framerate is fine on PS4 Pro. Have you enabled Boost mode?

On 13/10/2017 at 10:19 PM, The69Panda said:

Not happy with the Emote Party Pack 1. I bought it on Thursday and was going to play with it today. When I go onto the counselor customize section, I click on emotes then click triangle for 'More Emotes'. Then the playstation store pops up, and a notification saying 'This Content cannot be selected at this time'. I say bullshit to this. I've seen people have the Party Pack. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

I have the same problem ... 

Just have no idea how to fix it.

You guys should make an extra skin for Part 4 Jason that gives him his alternate mask chevrons (since they changed in the movie). Just a suggestion.

Also, I was previously bitching that emotes are worthless, but now that I can actually dance in-game...I was wrong. They're actually fun! I've even had matches that have turned into dance parties judged by Jason, lol.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:20 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Please fix the servers. 

Oh please god, yes, this. Put everything on the back burner, and get the servers sorted out above anything else. Getting into a match should not be a matter of luck.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:49 AM, Fooobar said:

My framerate is fine on PS4 Pro. Have you enabled Boost mode?

I have a Pro too, but Boost Mode does nothing for this game.  I tried it out a few times hoping it would smooth things out but nothing noticeable at all.  Most drops are usually from latency/ connections.  Others (like when entering some cabins or just sometimes an entire match is dropping frames but not the next match) is something with the game itself.  The most recent patch hasn't gotten rid of the random drops but it has helped a little.  As you stated, I hope there is a Pro patch in the future (which could be a possibility if something said a few months ago holds any weight).