[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes - 10.11.2017

69 posts in this topic

Loving the Jarvis Map!!

The textures and all of the loving details in the houses are fantastic! :)

Curse whoever pulled the drapes down in Tommy's room!!! (seriously, great touch there!) :D 

Some thoughts:

1. People unfamiliar with the films are getting the two houses confused because of the picture used in the map selection screen. They are calling the blue vacation house the "Jarvis" house instead of the log cabin. I think switching the map selection screen picture to the proper Jarvis house will help unfamiliar players to call out the correct house in matches.

2. I don't like how Part 4 Jason can destroy fortified doors in 2 hits. I heard it may be the case for all Jasons with + destruction. Is that so? If it is, I think it's going too far. I noticed that combat stance attacks and regular attacks require more hits to destroy the doors than the regular animations. It's 3 hits for Part 4 and combat stance vs 2 hits with the animation. I think it should be bumped up by 1 to 3 hits in the animation and 4 in combat stance. I suggest the folllowing change:

• -Destruction(If a Jason ever gets this weakness): 7 hits to destroy fortified doors, 4 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 2 hits for windowed doors.
  • Neutral Destruction: 5 hits to destroy fortified doors, 3 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 2 hits for windowed doors.
  • +Destruction: 3 hits to destroy fortified doors, 2 hits for locked doors and breakable walls, 1 hit for windowed doors

In this system every Jason with a neutral Destruction would in a way get a buff against fortified doors by requiring 1 less hit(than pre-10/11/2017 patch), but would now take 2 hits to get past any door with a large window in it. A worthwhile trade-off in my opinion. It would make locking those doors actually worth it and the normal Destruction level Jasons get a mild buff per se.

11 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

• User Interface
    • Jason is able to properly access the scoreboard again

So that means being able to just hold up on the d-pad again? If so thank you! 

1 person likes this

Wow, big shocker.. nerfing yet another perk that gave the counselors close to an advantage. You guys broke Jason's stun so that he can brush off anything in mere seconds while the car takes a full 5 seconds to start and 3.5 seconds for a counselor to get in the car and get the car moving. Grease monkey JUST started working after how long? And it's nerfed to where it's now useless? Come on guys. 

4 people like this

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Sound

• Volume of the intro movie reduced

Great! No more having our ears blown off when forgetting to lower the volume! :D

A big thank you to the team behind the game and for all the progress! Keep it up! 

40 minutes ago, Empyrean said:

Wow, big shocker.. nerfing yet another perk that gave the counselors close to an advantage. You guys broke Jason's stun so that he can brush off anything in mere seconds while the car takes a full 5 seconds to start and 3.5 seconds for a counselor to get in the car and get the car moving. Grease monkey JUST started working after how long? And it's nerfed to where it's now useless? Come on guys. 

Yeah, I think a limited resource like perks (and epic perks at that) should be moderately useful. It's better to just hop out of a car and run if Jason shows up. 

I love this new patch, I played 5 games and did not experience any issues. 

1. The Jarvis map is great, I love the design where it’s more of a spread out vacation house setting versus a camp where all of the buildings are on top of each other.  The spawn placement for the items seems to be at a greater distance to the boat and car, making repairs more of a challenge, and I haven’t seen the repair items all spawn in one place.

2. The details of the big houses is amazing and well designed, it was an interesting choice to elevate the ground floor windows so if you jump out of them you can take damage and go into wounded mode.  tommys room has all of the little details that the fans will enjoy.  I just wish that adult Tommy would comment and say something new to acknowledge that he was back home.  Something like “I miss you mom, or I Miss you Trish” would be nice.

3. The dark level of design fits nicely with the movie. Part 4 was a brutal, dark movie and the map just feels right.

4. Part 4 Jason is just a tweaked version of 3,  but in a that makes sense.  The extra strength and destruction make him feel brutal, in the movie he was just all rage and giving him the ability to smash through the door and few swings to put them councelor in a critical state feels right.  Having less traps could be problematic, but because he can run, as long as he covers the traps and reacts to things i don’t think he will have the issue that P7 (lack of speed and shift).  The difference is that P3 Jason is for new players, P4 is just the hard mode version of him.

Part 4 music is awesome too. 

5. Mitch is well designed and feels different from the other councelors. I typically play as AJ and he he feels like my new alt.  I love his lines, “oh come on man, why won’t you die” always cracks me up.  He can fix things, decent stealth and average stamina, and his composure make him play that follows my play style. His stats are what I always thought “Jenny” should of had. 

6. Thank you for fixing the the stun, now it feels like councelors have a better chance of escaping a Jason encounter,  with a stun you can start the vehicals now even if Jason is near you, it’s neither too long or two short and gives both sides equal chances of getting away/stopping them.

7. The perk rebalancing is ok, I hadn’t realized grease monkey was that Op’d. I’ve always used that perk with mixed results.   The thick skin rebalance is fine, personally I don’t use it, I’d rather use stealth perks, I’ve found that they tend to work best for my play style and either I’m escaping or I’m the final girl trying to find the lost car keys or missing parts until I just run out of options and die.  Jason should be avoided at all costs, and attacking him is a last resort. There’s enough sprays on the map to mitigate and health loss.

Thank you again gun, well done on a good rollout.  You’ve managed to make one of my all time favorite games. 

can we get a swimsuit option for Mitch?

1 person likes this

was just in a game my friend was Jason he couldn't see me I was invisible to him also please fix jenny's red and white shirt

2 people like this

Change the houses in the map selection screen. Lots of people think the Blue Guest house is the Jarvis house. :wacko:

34 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Change the houses in the map selection screen. Lots of people think the Blue Guest house is the Jarvis house. :wacko:

The only snag with that, would be that the Jarvis house is fairly similar to Higgins Haven in appearance.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Empyrean said:

Counselors, while by themselves, should NEVER have an advantage. Or anything close to it.

Stun times have been "fixed" as well. Even though when they were wildly long people didn't realize THAT was unintentional. Then we threw a fit because they were short, as intended, so they split it down the middle.

30 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

The only snag with that, would be that the Jarvis house is fairly similar to Higgins Haven in appearance.

Yeah. I see that point. Hmmm maybe a close up shot of the porch and doorways instead of a traditional wide shot of the house. 

I actually think the image used in the Patch notes would make a good Map selection shot. They look similarish only by colour really

Edited by dandop1984
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ztomas1 said:

can we get a swimsuit option for Mitch?

No..  a Shaggy option!  Olive green shirt and rust colored 70s pants. 

All I know is,please don't change the 2 hits to destroy doors because it's awesome and please don't change how the two seater and the boat spawns at Jarvis. 

It figures that two of the new things that I love,are bugs.

:(

3 people like this

Love the Composure buff. My Adam now has a CHANCE to escape if he gets grabbed and that's all I ever wanted. Don't expect a guarantee everytime but a "chance" really makes all the difference.

Why haven't they fixed the unrealistic grab distance. there are times that Jason can grab a spear and a half distance away and u haven't still fixed the shift grab

On 10/11/2017 at 4:21 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Stun Duration adjusted

• Jason’s Stun Duration timer has been adjusted
    • “Jason’s Stun Duration has been adjusted across all counselors and items to better balance the changes made by the previous bug fix.”

Nobody asked for a stun duration increase except the whiny entitled counselors. This should be reverted in a hotfix or the next patch. Also, the invisible counselor bug still exists.

2 people like this

Who do we contact if we did not receive the patch update? I am on PS4 and have had the game since June.

It won't let me play at all

Anyone else on PC suddenly seeing "host" disconnects closing whole public Quick Play lobbies? I know they're not really "hosts" but I'm suddenly getting console-like "kicked, host left" error messages when the host leaves on PC. And again, quick play, not private lobby.

6 hours ago, IMastermindI said:

Why haven't they fixed the unrealistic grab distance. there are times that Jason can grab a spear and a half distance away and u haven't still fixed the shift grab

This. The grab radius is ridiculous. Players running twice the arm length away getting snatched up is very irritating to endure and even watch. 

Anyone know if sucker punch is still decreasing stun chance instead of increasing? 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

This. The grab radius is ridiculous. Players running twice the arm length away getting snatched up is very irritating to endure and even watch. 

Meanwhile melee hit detection is all wack. So just reduce grab range and improve melee hit detection would be the best course of action.

15 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Meanwhile melee hit detection is all wack. So just reduce grab range and improve melee hit detection would be the best course of action.

This