• 8/10 Repair
  • 3/10 Speed
  • 4/10 Stamina
  • 6/10 Stealth
  • 3/10 Strength

shRqSf5.jpg

New Features

• Rain
    • The Rain feature is now available and players may have a chance to encounter this new weather in any of the current playable maps.
      • Note; we had originally discussed toggle on/off feature for private matches however that will be in the next patch due to time constraints. 

• Counselors pushing
    • Counselors are now able to “push” other counselors
      • "In order to prevent players from griefing via “bodyblocking”, we have introduced a new feature that allows Counselors to push each other. The player being pushed will slowly walk away in the direction opposite of the player pushing. This feature does not affect Jason."

Changes

• Thick Skinned perk changes
    • Thick Skinned now reduces ALL damage
      • “Originally, Thick Skinned was intended to reduce damage specifically from Jason's’ attacks. However, there was a bug that was causing Thick Skinned to apply twice which in turn also caused the perk to incorrectly reduce all incoming damage. This issue was fixed in the last patch. After considering our internal testing and community feedback, we agreed that the previous iteration of Thick Skinned worked better for game balance when the inflated damage reduction values were no longer present.” 
    • The tooltip for Thick Skinned has been changed from “Take less damage from all incoming attacks.” to “Take less damage.“

[Known Issue] Perks that had their values adjusted will have no in-game effect until re-equipped

• Stun Duration adjusted
    • Jason’s Stun Duration timer has been adjusted
      • “Jason’s Stun Duration has been adjusted across all counselors and items to better balance the changes made by the previous bug fix.”

• Grease Monkey perk re-balanced
    • Reduced the effectiveness of the Grease Monkey perk
      • “Grease Monkey was individually causing too large of an impact. We have adjusted Grease Monkey to be more consistent with other perks.”

[Known Issue] Perks that had their values adjusted will have no in-game effect until re-equipped

• Trap Damage adjusted
    • All counselors now take the same amount of damage from traps
      • “Traps have been adjusted to inflict the same amount of damage across all counselors. Players that activate a trap will now always be wounded unless equipped with an adequate trap damage reduction perk.”

• Jason's Stalk ability minor change
    • Jason's footsteps are now silent while the Stalk ability is enabled

Bug Fixes

• Perks
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to keep perks with old balance values
    • Fixed a bug where the Medic perk to show incorrect amount of charges on the Medical Spray item
    • Fixed a bug that was causing the Grinder perk to unintentionally grant Jason additional XP    
  • Counselors
    • Fixed a bug that was causing weapon durability values to calculate incorrectly
    • Fixed an issue where counselors could interact with nearby objects during ‘breaking free’ animations
    • Fixed a bug that caused Pamela Voorhees’ Sweater to sometimes not properly appear as equipped
    • Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes become stuck if they used the Emote Wheel while in hiding
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause counselors to disappear from customization menus
      • [Not Fixed]
  • Jason
    • Fixed a bug that was causing Jason 9 to have a higher base HP than intended. His HP should now properly reflect his tooltip
    • Fixed a bug in Private Matches where choosing a player to be Jason in the pre-game menu was not working properly
    • Fixed a bug that would sometimes crash the client if Jason grabs a Counselor that is sitting in a boat 
    • Fixed a bug causing Firecrackers to stun Jason through certain walls
  • Tommy Jarvis
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Tommy Jarvis’ arrival cutscene to sometimes not be displayed
    • Fixed a bug that was causing a second Tommy Jarvis model to appear
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Tommy Jarvis to be killed during his intro cinematic
    • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause Tommy Jarvis to spawn for a disconnected player
  • Spectators
    • The “Police Arrival Timer” and “Match End Timer” are now properly in sync while in Spectator Mode
    • Fixed an issue where after re-joining a session, the spectator will crash after spectating Jason’s death
  • Maps
    • General
      • Tidied up various counselor survival exploit locations on all maps
    • Packanack
      • The Phone Box on the cabin can now be repaired regardless of the angle it is approached from
      • Fixed an issue that allowed players to drive out of bounds 
    • Packanack Small
      • Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with the Poker in one of the cabins
      • The Power Box outside of the barn is no longer being blocked by a tree
      • The stacks of hay bales by the Archery Range are now properly blocked off
      • Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to pick up the Shotgun near the Archery Range 
  • Vehicles
    • Fixed a bug that was allowing players to cancel the animation while leaving a car
  • User Interface
    • Jason is able to properly access the scoreboard again
    • Spectators are able to properly access the scoreboard again
    • Updated the font for the match intro movies
  • Matchmaking
    • Reduced the timer to start the match (only when the lobby is full)
  • Sound
    • Volume of the intro movie reduced

8 people like this

Really? Still no buffs to Jason 7? Yet you went ahead and made thick skin overpowered again because of crying babies. Just fucking wonderful. 

1 person likes this

Where's the notes about optimization that you guys promised for THIS patch?

Just now, kitcat said:

Where's the notes about optimization that you guys promised for THIS patch?

In the shack on the web site and in général discussion they said they improved it hoppefully

Lots of good stuff here, particularly the increased transparency re: perk changes (though the fact that transparency is coming months after intentional changes were made is utterly unforgivable). Guess we can only wait and see what this patch broke.

I noticed there's nothing in these notes about patching the small maps crash glitch. I've reported it several times; every time I load a small map, the game crashes a few minutes in with these error messages (see attached). Will this be addressed? 

Love this game but havent played recently because the gameplay feels slow due to the framerate. we need some sort of PS4 Pro patch. Preferbly 60fps on the current graphic settings?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Really? Still no buffs to Jason 7? Yet you went ahead and made thick skin overpowered again because of crying babies. Just fucking wonderful. 

Jason 7 has already been slightly buffed. I don't know if it's a glitch or not but when I play Jason 7 I can destroy fortified doors in 5 hits rather than 6. I think it might be a bug because once every few hits it sounds like 2 chop sound fx are played simultaneously as if the damage of 2 chops is being applied once every 3 chops or something.

6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Jarvis House

New Playable Map: Jarvis House

Jarvis_house.jpg

vaca_home.jpg

Jarvis%20Map.jpg

Jason Part 4
New Playable Jason: Jason 4

• Level 44 Requirement 
  • Weapon: Pig Splitter
  • (+) Can Run
  • (+) Weapon Strength
  • (+) Destruction
  • (-) Water Speed 
  • (-) Shift
  • (-) Traps    

6C99v7S.jpg

Counselor Mitch Floyd

New Playable Counselor: Mitch Floyd

• Level 24 Requirement
  • 9/10 Composure
  • 2/10 Luck
  • 8/10 Repair
  • 3/10 Speed
  • 4/10 Stamina
  • 6/10 Stealth
  • 3/10 Strength

shRqSf5.jpg

New Features

• Rain
    • The Rain feature is now available and players may have a chance to encounter this new weather in any of the current playable maps.
      • Note; we had originally discussed toggle on/off feature for private matches however that will be in the next patch due to time constraints. 

• Counselors pushing
    • Counselors are now able to “push” other counselors
      • "In order to prevent players from griefing via “bodyblocking”, we have introduced a new feature that allows Counselors to push each other. The player being pushed will slowly walk away in the direction opposite of the player pushing. This feature does not affect Jason."

Changes

• Thick Skinned perk changes
    • Thick Skinned now reduces ALL damage
      • “Originally, Thick Skinned was intended to reduce damage specifically from Jason's’ attacks. However, there was a bug that was causing Thick Skinned to apply twice which in turn also caused the perk to incorrectly reduce all incoming damage. This issue was fixed in the last patch. After considering our internal testing and community feedback, we agreed that the previous iteration of Thick Skinned worked better for game balance when the inflated damage reduction values were no longer present.” 
    • The tooltip for Thick Skinned has been changed from “Take less damage from all incoming attacks.” to “Take less damage.“

• Stun Duration adjusted
    • Jason’s Stun Duration timer has been adjusted
      • “Jason’s Stun Duration has been adjusted across all counselors and items to better balance the changes made by the previous bug fix.”

• Grease Monkey perk re-balanced
    • Reduced the effectiveness of the Grease Monkey perk
      • “Grease Monkey was individually causing too large of an impact. We have adjusted Grease Monkey to be more consistent with other perks.”

• Trap Damage adjusted
    • All counselors now take the same amount of damage from traps
      • “Traps have been adjusted to inflict the same amount of damage across all counselors. Players that activate a trap will now always be wounded unless equipped with an adequate trap damage reduction perk.”

Bug Fixes

• Perks
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to keep perks with old balance values
    • Fixed a bug where the Medic perk to show incorrect amount of charges on the Medical Spray item
    • Fixed a bug that was causing the Grinder perk to unintentionally grant Jason additional XP    
  • Counselors
    • Fixed a bug that was causing weapon durability values to calculate incorrectly
    • Fixed an issue where counselors could interact with nearby objects during ‘breaking free’ animations
    • Fixed a bug that caused Pamela Voorhees’ Sweater to sometimes not properly appear as equipped
    • Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes become stuck if they used the Emote Wheel while in hiding
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause counselors to disappear from customization menus
  • Jason
    • Fixed a bug that was causing Jason 9 to have a higher base HP than intended. His HP should now properly reflect his tooltip
    • Fixed a bug in Private Matches where choosing a player to be Jason in the pre-game menu was not working properly
    • Fixed a bug that would sometimes crash the client if Jason grabs a Counselor that is sitting in a boat 
    • Fixed a bug causing Firecrackers to stun Jason through certain walls
  • Tommy Jarvis
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Tommy Jarvis’ arrival cutscene to sometimes not be displayed
    • Fixed a bug that was causing a second Tommy Jarvis model to appear
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Tommy Jarvis to be killed during his intro cinematic
    • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause Tommy Jarvis to spawn for a disconnected player
  • Spectators
    • The “Police Arrival Timer” and “Match End Timer” are now properly in sync while in Spectator Mode
    • Fixed an issue where after re-joining a session, the spectator will crash after spectating Jason’s death
  • Maps
    • General
      • Tidied up various counselor survival exploit locations on all maps
    • Packanack
      • The Phone Box on the cabin can now be repaired regardless of the angle it is approached from
      • Fixed an issue that allowed players to drive out of bounds 
    • Packanack Small
      • Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with the Poker in one of the cabins
      • The Power Box outside of the barn is no longer being blocked by a tree
      • The stacks of hay bales by the Archery Range are now properly blocked off
      • Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to pick up the Shotgun near the Archery Range 
  • Vehicles
    • Fixed a bug that was allowing players to cancel the animation while leaving a car
  • User Interface
    • Jason is able to properly access the scoreboard again
    • Spectators are able to properly access the scoreboard again
    • Updated the font for the match intro movies
  • Matchmaking
    • Reduced the timer to start the match (only when the lobby is full)
  • Sound
    • Volume of the intro movie reduced

Friday The 13th Jason Glitch 1.14 PS4

29 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason 7 has already been slightly buffed. I don't know if it's a glitch or not but when I play Jason 7 I can destroy fortified doors in 5 hits rather than 5. I think it might be a bug because once every few hits it sounds like 2 chop sound fx are played simultaneously as if the damage of 2 chops is being applied once every 3 chops or something.

I think this happens with every Jason though. I could be wrong however. 

Also take by my overpowered statement. It's still 20% reduction instead of max 50% which is what I feared they had changed it back to. So it's nowhere nearly as bad as I had thought from the explanation. Still it baffles me they tweaked Thick Skin over fan backlash but leave Jason 7 a heaping mess of no skills when many fans have asked/begged for him to get some form of playstyle. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I think this happens with every Jason though. I could be wrong however. 

Also take by my overpowered statement. It's still 20% reduction instead of max 50% which is what I feared they had changed it back to. So it's nowhere nearly as bad as I had thought from the explanation. Still it baffles me they tweaked Thick Skin over fan backlash but leave Jason 7 a heaping mess of no skills when many fans have asked/begged for him to get some form of playstyle. 

I know randomly it happens to other Jasons too but it has been consistent with Part 7 Jason for me. Played a match earlier today as Part 6 and all fortified doors took 6 hits to destroy.

Thx for the patch! Cant wait to play new map.

I hope this map BIG, not SMALL like 40% less original....

All good, but, huh... Luck has not been fixed yet? It's a total mess for characters with high luck. 

Chad and Jenny got ONE baseball bat strike before the batch, now they get two. Slightly better but still messed up.  

34 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

All good, but, huh... Luck has not been fixed yet? It's a total mess for characters with high luck. 

Chad and Jenny got ONE baseball bat strike before the batch, now they get two. Slightly better but still messed up.  

From the OP:

Maybe this can means the Luck stat has been fixed?

Hmmm...so my main Jenny can't disarm two traps before reaching critical stage. I suppose I do want a scarier Jason, but I'm really glad now that I waited to write that article about Jenny before the patch came out.

What I find interesting is the thick skinned perk change. So...from what I understand, the perk is basically like before the previous patch, but the damage reduced is now different. Yet at the same time, it mentions all counselors will take the same amount of damage from traps UNLESS you have a perk that specifically reduces trap damage. So...does that mean you could technically stack the two?

Overall, I'm not pleased to see a thick skinnned perk that reduces ALL damage. At the same time, the patch notes do state that Jason's stun times were adjusted. Finding out these new stun times is definitely something I'm going to look for in the near future.

4 hours ago, ItsMitty91 said:

I noticed there's nothing in these notes about patching the small maps crash glitch. I've reported it several times; every time I load a small map, the game crashes a few minutes in with these error messages (see attached). Will this be addressed? 

My friend had the same problem, what he did was he updated everthing, windows, all drivers and that kind of stuff :)

21 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

From the OP:

Maybe this can means the Luck stat has been fixed?

Nope, it's still not fixed. Like I said, Chad and Jenny get two baseball bat strikes now instead of 5 and 3 like they used to. 

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

Nope, it's still not fixed. Like I said, Chad and Jenny get two baseball bat strikes now instead of 5 and 3 like they used to. 

There is one possibility: the baseball bat has been nerfed so that it only works once unless you play as a high luck counselor. So that might be how the baseball bat is naturally at this point.

But at the same time, I've heard there's been some changes to how composure works, and thick skin was returned to before the previous patch (with adjusted percentages), so it's kinda hard to tell at this point where counselors are meta-wise as well as Jason. Composure seems to be a beast stat now if it's high, whereas low composure is essentially the same as before.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

There is one possibility: the baseball bat has been nerfed so that it only works once unless you play as a high luck counselor. So that might be how the baseball bat is naturally at this point.

But at the same time, I've heard there's been some changes to how composure works, and thick skin was returned to before the previous patch (with adjusted percentages), so it's kinda hard to tell at this point where counselors are meta-wise as well as Jason. Composure seems to be a beast stat now if it's high, whereas low composure is essentially the same as before.

I just got home and I feel so out dated, haha. What is different about composture now, if you don't mind sharing? 

4 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I just got home and I feel so out dated, haha. What is different about composture now, if you don't mind sharing? 

It used to be a doubled edged sword where having low composure meant your character could recover more quickly, and high composure counselors took a long time to reduce fear but could withstand more before freaking out.

At this point, it looks like composure got a stealth buff: higher composure makes it easier for counselors to escape if Jason doesn't use quick executions like Choke or Head Punch. Also, they recover from fear a lot quicker than before, so it's overall an advantage for a counselor to have higher composure whereas low composure counselors remain relatively the same. But since I've had so little time playing, I can't crunch any solid numbers. All I do know is that I need to seriously change how I play my main counselor Jenny.

Edited by Trident77
Didn't notice you were just asking about what's different about composure. Fixed.
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

Composure. You know, the stat that regards how much fear they can withstand before they start freaking out.

It used to be a doubled edged sword where having low composure meant your character could recover more quickly, and high composure counselors took a long time to reduce fear but could withstand more before freaking out.

At this point, it looks like composure got a stealth buff: higher composure makes it easier for counselors to escape if Jason doesn't use quick executions like Choke or Head Punch. Also, they recover from fear a lot quicker than before, so it's overall an advantage for a counselor to have higher composure whereas low composure counselors remain relatively the same. But since I've had so little time playing, I can't crunch any solid numbers. All I do know is that I need to seriously change how I play my main counselor Jenny.

Yes, I know composure and how it used to work, it was just a typo, really tired, haha. 

Good to know, I'm going to test how playing Jenny feels like now! 

8 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

At this point, it looks like composure got a stealth buff: higher composure makes it easier for counselors to escape if Jason doesn't use quick executions like Choke or Head Punch. Also, they recover from fear a lot quicker than before

That's amazing! This is all I wanted for the composure stat! Thanks for the news!