Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt092

Just got physical copy - Not happy

18 posts in this topic

After endless hours of playing the digital version, I received my physical copy today. I have the bloody jason skins but I can't use my swimsuit DLC, but on the digital copy I can.

Digital version = DLC swimsuits, no bloody jason. 

Physical version = bloody jason, no swimsuits - It also reset my counsellers outfits and perks

I cannot even delete the dlc and redownload. Please do not tell me I am doomed to not having swimsuits if I play my physical copy!?

That sounds bad. Did yours come with a code? Or was it on the disc? 

10 minutes ago, Matt092 said:

After endless hours of playing the digital version, I received my physical copy today. I have the bloody jason skins but I can't use my swimsuit DLC, but on the digital copy I can.

Digital version = DLC swimsuits, no bloody jason. 

Physical version = bloody jason, no swimsuits - It also reset my counsellers outfits and perks

I cannot even delete the dlc and redownload. Please do not tell me I am doomed to not having swimsuits if I play my physical copy!?

I called for clarification on this over and over and over again....nothing but silence. I knew this was going to be the case. Glad I didn't preorder....I was about to pay $40 just for a skin, too lol. 

I saw a picture of a disc with no card to download the DLC. I am hearing reports it's on the disc. Does this mean that we cannot install it on our hard drives? If we can't use previously downloaded content, does this mean no Savini Jason use if a physical disc is in? I foresee the Savini Jason thread blowing up another few pages this weekend... I just paid off my preorder yesterday. Guess it will be wall art.

Mods, might as well start a thread of issues with physical release now.

Did the copy come with codes for bloody Jason or is that just on the disc ?  Something they definitely should fix. I can't believe that you would need to purchase them again for the disc copy. If this is true I'm not installing it.   

This will cause major chaos so I'm guessing it will be addressed in a patch at some point ..Devs ?

Oh boy...

@GunMedia_Ben ya done fucked it up. Next time, try digitial codes instead of on disc dlc. Was this even tested? If the swimsuits can't be used I assume the CCP and SJ can't be either. What's the point of dlc that negates all other dlc?

edit: not necessarily directed at you but gun/Illfonic as a whole.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Oh boy...

@GunMedia_Ben ya done fucked it up. Next time, try digitial codes instead of on disc dlc. Was this even tested? If the swimsuits can't be used I assume the CCP and SJ can't be either. What's the point of dlc that negates all other dlc?

edit: not necessarily directed at you but gun/Illfonic as a whole.

Hopefully we find out what's going on (Keep an eye on twitter everyone lol) 

9 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Did the copy come with codes for bloody Jason or is that just on the disc ?  Something they definitely should fix. I can't believe that you would need to purchase them again for the disc copy. If this is true I'm not installing it.   

This will cause major chaos so I'm guessing it will be addressed in a patch at some point ..Devs ?

I agree here. If I don't see a download code, I won't even put it in and risk messing up my current Docs. 

1 person likes this

When you said reset your counselor perks does it also put you back to lvl 1?

Just a disc inside the case. No paperwork at all!

Multiplayer level I was still the same (level 63) only thing it did was remove the perks you chose as a counseller and reset the outfits.

Haha, you've just made me not give 2 shits how long my copy takes to arrive.

After sitting here and thinking why there isn't a code I think it's because they want to keep the disc exclusive to those who buy the disc and not have the codes being sold again on Ebay like last time. I understand the reason but the outcome now is crazy, why do this and piss off the fandom even more. 

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

Haha, you've just made me not give 2 shits how long my copy takes to arrive.

That's too funny. Especially from reading the other thread :lol:

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I know. I can wait til they sort out their latest clusterfuck.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

I know. I can wait til they sort out their latest clusterfuck.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Matt092 said:

Just a disc inside the case. No paperwork at all!

Multiplayer level I was still the same (level 63) only thing it did was remove the perks you chose as a counseller and reset the outfits.

Thats not too bad. Ill just reapply the same perks i have and clothing I had.

But you said you can't redownload the swimsuits? That's a problem that can be address. I dont normally run the swimgear myself since most people who do are trolls.

Yeah...because the physical version doesn't launch until Friday. 

There's a reason for that. :/

I can't help you because someone broke street date and got you a copy prior to you being allowed to play on said disc. You will have your DLC working this Friday. 

Closing topic so people aren't confused as to why their game they shouldn't have isn't working properly prior to launch. 

10 people like this