WashingtonJones

What defines a tryhard Jason?

84 posts in this topic

I don't despise it, actually. I'm pretty indifferent about it. I do like variations in clothing style. Seeing the same outfit gets boring. 

1 minute ago, SnakeSound222 said:

You do know some Jasons just want to mess around right? They don’t care about getting 8/8 or 7/7. They just want to have fun.

Yes, I'm one of them. 

I don't see the issues with most of the complaints here. A great Jason should be diverse and utilize traps. If you don't put traps at cars or phone box where would you put them? That's really a complaint? Ok. The only viable complaint for a try-hard Jason is one that stalks the same people while others escape. One match I was stalked exclusively by a Jason and survived for 11 minutes while 4 people fixed the car and escaped and 3 others stood in a cabin and did nothing. I was livid and could not believe I was the only person that was killed in that match. It was ridiculous, obsessive, and try-hard

He's Killing Me likes this

16 minutes ago, Brevator said:

No one is complaining about Jason using traps. 

Not entirely true. People were complaining about jason putting more the one trap on objective. as if they deserve to not deal with that or something.

5 hours ago, Brevator said:

No one is complaining about Jason using traps. 

The first few posts complained about traps so yeah, people are complaining about traps. That would be the definition of complaining about traps... complaining about traps. 

I don't like to use the term try-hard. I do use the term "shit Jason". As in, "you are a shit Jason." I'm a fan of the series. I wanna see a bunch of different kills. I want Jason to be bad-ass. If the game ends with 7 asphyxiates, then it was a "shit Jason." Was he effective? Yeah. Was he skilled? That's debatable. Was he a good representation of Jason Voorhees in a video game? Not even close, pal. If it were a movie, I'd ask for my money back. Still, he's not here to entertain me. If that's the way he wants to play, there's no rule against it. Won't stop me from thinking he's shit as Jason, though, no matter how many kills he gets. If he smack talks while doing it, then I will let him know it, too.

I feel the same way about slash spammers for the same reason. I like to see the kills. I won't ever slash someone because I think they have a pocket knife. I don't care. I'm Jason fuckin' Voorhees. I will slash randomly to injure people especially if I surprised them. I just rarely do it to kill. I will slash to kill if I get ganged up on. Jason shouldn't ever look like a chump and having five Chads play whack-a-mole on you is just silly. Heavily injure the group or even kill one or two and the rest will run. They'll bitch and moan sometimes, but they'll run.

As for traps? I've never needed more than one at a location and rarely get less than 6/8 kills. Still, it's up to them to put 'em where they want 'em. If I see more than two traps at a spot, I generally think the player is being a little too scared of "losing" for whatever reason, be it ego or machismo. But I also have friends that'll three-trap the phone and I know they don't care about "winning" and they're skilled players. So, what the hell? Play however you want. Drop 7 traps on the damn phone for all I care.

In the end, there are entitled counselors who want to be able to escape every game. There are over-eager Jason players who think that if they don't 8/8 it means they have a small dick or something. Me? I just want a fun game with cool Jason kills and some jump scares. 

CrissRiot and Survival like this

Try-hard Jason? I don't know. Probably Jasons who find me right at the start of the match and then tunnel me for 5+ minutes not caring about anything else. I once made a Twitch streamer rage quit because he wasted 7 minutes on chasing me, which obviously also meant that cops have been called and both cars fixed.