Psychosocial23

Unbanning cheaters... Why?

187 posts in this topic

First off, out of all of the nonsense that we have dealt with as of late, I have to say that THIS has taken the cake as the worst thing Gun has done.

I came across a rather interesting post in the community hub on steam titled "Ban list needs to be purged" and while chuckling to myself I decide to check the comments and see how many of our favorite cheaters supported this guy. (The OP is a notorious teamkiller and exploiter from back in the day that I reported numerous times and nothing was done btw)

Imagine my shock when I see this post from from good ol' Ben..WTF.thumb.PNG.ec7e760b3391141bc725d1582dcc6006.PNG

If true, this is by far the biggest slap in the face to the people that have done nothing but support this game and put up with all the bs. This game may have a dying playerbase with barely over 600 players on at one time each day on Steam but unbanning cheaters, trolls and overall scumbags is NOT the way to go. Just let them cheat, get caught and keep buying the game over and over again when they get banned. They obviously don't give a shit about you, the project you spent years on nor the honest players that are simply trying to unwind after a hard days work so why do you care about them?

I've never been pissed at an entire company before but good god if this happens imagine the PR shit storm that will ensue.

The majority of us forum-dwellers seem to be decent people so I want to know how everyone else feels about letting the cheaters back in.

 

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the people being unbanned were permabanned status, I would be interested in hearing why they would be released. But if it's people who were temporarily banned, then well the statement explains itself.

Either way, my main issue is that I don't even really know how the game's ban system works to begin with. Is it a point system? A certain amount of strikes and you're out deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the hits just keep on coming...fucking amateur hour, this game.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this one is easy for me.

1. They are confident in this latest patch and they want to see if the scumbags can break their game even more? The logic is pretty bad though.

2. They aren't confident the physical release is going to be as big a hit as the digital release was and in turn, they want as many people playing the game as possible for release. No matter the types. Again, bad logic.

Either way yeah, this should warrant some explanation. Why introduce a ban system only to...defeat the purpose?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well, this one is easy for me.

1. They are confident in this latest patch and they want to see if the scumbags can break their game even more? The logic is pretty bad though.

2. They aren't confident the physical release is going to be as big a hit as a the digital release was and in turn, they want as many people playing the game as possible for release. No matter the types. Again, bad logic.

Either way yeah, this should warrant some explanation. Why introduce a ban system only to...defeat the purpose?

I think you're probably spot on. 

It's a bit like the scene in the original Ghostbusters when the containment unit is shut down and all the deviant ghosts and ghouls escape into the city :lol:

I at least hope that any repeat offenders would be banned for life if they choose to reoffend, 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think you're probably spot on. 

It's a bit like the scene in the original Ghostbusters when the containment unit is shut down and all the deviant ghosts and ghouls escape into the city :lol:

I hope any repeat offenders will be banned for life if they choose to reoffend, 

Add to that. It's concerning that they made a big deal about dedicated servers over host migration, thus eliminating the host disconnect/game ends issue. Yet they've made no statements about it recently. We've gotten statements about the DLC road map, the Part 4 content, the emotes, etc but no word on when dedicated servers will actually arrive.

The optimist in me says they are working on the logic of keeping the game going when the Jason player leaves because they didn't want to be Jason and a new Jason has to be chosen immediately. The pessimist in me says they are nowhere close to having dedicated servers become a thing and something is holding it up. Whether there is a conflict about what's more important? Content versus quality and whatnot.

You would think that dedicated servers would be something they would want ready to go with you know... a new rerelease? A likely temporary surge in the playerbase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with team killing taken out there's not much they can do to other players now. 

Well actually they can still troll pretty heavily. Just the other day I had one guy playing as Adam ruin my day. I had repaired the four door and only needed the keys. Adam runs up and hops in the drivers seat, and proceeds to drive the damn car straight into the lake. 

I was pissed, but whatever, I just figured I could get the two seater going. Nope. He drove that into the lake too. By the end of the match we realized he was helping Jason. 

I hate people. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously....I don't complain about a lot but.....this pisses me right the fuck off.

I DO NOT want to play with those assholes. It just shows them they can do whatever the hell they want and eventually they'll be forgiven. 

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, told him It'll end up biting him in his hindquarters.

 

They got banned for a reason, unbanning them is basically a slap in the face against the people who suffered because of them.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how banning people works in other games (banned for life or temporary), but this seems like a poor move. Boooo! Boooo to you!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna let this ruin my day or anything but this, if true, is fuckin' stupid. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hilariously enough"

Wanna know what's hilarious, Ben?

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't find this as a good excuse, but my idea is with this next update they add the ToS and CoC (uh huh huh huh, CoC) to agree to and abide by otherwise be subjected to the consequences of their actions.  Hopefully (though extremely doubtful) this being in their face and requiring an agreement to even log in the first time stems some shit these people do/ have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Add to that. It's concerning that they made a big deal about dedicated servers over host migration, thus eliminating the host disconnect/game ends issue. Yet they've made no statements about it recently. We've gotten statements about the DLC road map, the Part 4 content, the emotes, etc but no word on when dedicated servers will actually arrive.

The optimist in me says they are working on the logic of keeping the game going when the Jason player leaves because they didn't want to be Jason and a new Jason has to be chosen immediately. The pessimist in me says they are nowhere close to having dedicated servers become a thing and something is holding it up. Whether there is a conflict about what's more important? Content versus quality and whatnot.

You would think that dedicated servers would be something they would want ready to go with you know... a new rerelease? A likely temporary surge in the playerbase?

Dedicated servers coming to consoles is not a flip of the switch to make happen. It's is a very time consuming process that requires many approvals to be implemented and lengthy security audits.

As soon as news is available it will be shared. While anyone would love to have these rolls online at the physical release date it's not a matter of setting a time it's a matter of when the process is completed and received the proper approvals.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a part of me that wants to be civil and forgive and forget. Past is the past, it's a new day. I work with a ton of ex cons straightening out, so I want to be optimistic.

The more logical side knows I am only going to end up on the hood of another counselors car or trapped in the bathroom. 

If only this had been posted on April Fools Day...  

I feel Steam community will feel the brunt of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I'm noticing is that he said they'll be unbanning those bannned for abusing glitch exploits (Like Packanack roof, wall glitch, etc)...Which are now gone (Sense glitch is still there though).

Assuming the exploits they were abusing are gone, it shouldn't be such a big problem. And TK'ing is long gone, so that should help deter trolling too...

I mean, I'm just looking for a positive spin on this. I don't think we should necessarily worry until we see what happens. It may very well bite them though.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad I no longer play quick play matches anymore

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if it's just those who exploited glitches, then it wouldn't be terrible.  Those glitches are a thing of the past now.  Ben only stated those who abused exploits would be unbanned.  That group does not include Jason helpers or any other players who were banned for reasons other than glitch exploiting.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this one kid banned because he was cheating and helping jason and then he personally came at me in ps messages with vulgar racist things so I had him banned! That was a big mistake that I told him he would get banned because after it happened he then trolled my email with 1000s of messages using fake names! So then I gave in and asked Gun to unbanned him after he apologized to me! He then got unbanned after a few weeks and bam he calls me every name in the book again! On good note haven't heard from him in 3 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I had this one kid banned because he was cheating and helping jason and then he personally came at me in ps messages with vulgar racist things so I had him banned! That was a big mistake that I told him he would get banned because after it happened he then trolled my email with 1000s of messages using fake names! So then I gave in and asked Gun to unbanned him after he apologized to me! He then got unbanned after a few weeks and bam he calls me every name in the book again! On good note haven't heard from him in 3 weeks!

What the f?! That's some serious harassment. That guy should be banned permanently. You should set your account to receive messages from friends only if you can. How did he get your email? Was this on Steam or something?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

What the f?! That's some serious harassment. That guy should be banned permanently. You should set your account to receive messages from friends only if you can. How did he get your email? Was this on Steam or something?

No PS4 messages but I did block him but he kept making fake names to spam me! Anyways a word of advice if your gonna ban someone don't tell them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Trolls will find a way"

Although usually they don't have help.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The public game there you have to play private matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now