Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheHansonGoons

Look what I came across

47 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Of course. You put your woobie there to cushion your butt. Lol. It makes a bad jump hurt less.

I'm sure I should make fun of your admission, but rather I'm gonna note Indy Jones had the right observation. It's not the years, it's the mileage. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm sure I should make fun of your admission, but rather I'm gonna note Indy Jones had the right observation. It's not the years, it's the mileage. 

To be fair I am an inch shorter than when I signed up. You certainly feel the mileage when you get out of your indestructible years.😱😵

1 person likes this

Project bears box is now one step closer to becoming a reality.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Project bears box is now one step closer to becoming a reality.

tenor.gif

2 people like this

Wow! How did you guys find this? I'm shocked. 

47 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Why is the goal $500? 😄

It's just a goal. Gofundme goals don't need to be reached. Campaigns can be closed at anytime regardless if goal is reached. 

I see there are some generous people among us too. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Wow! How did you guys find this? I'm shocked. 

It's just a goal. Gofundme goals don't need to be reached. Campaigns can be closed at anytime regardless if goal is reached. 

I see there are some generous people among us too. 

I was looking to whore myself out on Craig's list, or start a GoFundMe to get my career as a hand model going, and came across this gem! Thanks guy! Hope we see some other generous people help out a poor, starving soul. Cue Sally Strothers infomercial complete with "in the arms of an angel" playing.

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I was looking to whore myself out on Craig's list, or start a GoFundMe to get my career as a hand model going, and came across this gem! Thanks guy! Hope we see some other generous people help out a poor, starving soul. Cue Sally Are others infomercial complete with "in the arms of an angel" playing.

Smart and witty with just the right amount of sarcasm. I give it four middle fingers out of five...😄😁

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Anyone else find it funny that @bewareofbears has only 3 fewer likes than Ben?

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topmembers/

Obviously he was much more a part of the forums than Ben is...

"Being much more a part of the forums" doesn't mean he was a better influence. BoB started trouble on the forums often; his preferred method was getting mobs of people to jeer at the developers. Instead of using constructive criticism, he purposely fanned the flames to rile people up...I'm assuming because he found it amusing. It's also interesting how Ben has that amount of likes despite posting far less than BoB did.

And then BoB was kicked off the forums for an unknown amount of time for said behavior because all he did was start trouble. Apparently he also used the PM system to cause more havoc when he was being called out by Ben, and now the forums are more stable. But despite all this, there's a fundraiser on a website asking for free hand outs to give BoB so he can get a free Xbox One, and people are actually donating. So if he does show up again, he will look like a forum hero, and I don't expect the peace to stay when that happens. Probably will have an inflated ego too; that's what always happened to the troublemakers who came back on the forums I used to moderate a long time ago.

Either way, I don't miss seeing BoB. He might've done what he did in the name of fun, but he essentially pissed off the people who work dilligently to make this game more fun for everyone. You guys ever hear of the old saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?" What happened on these forums not too long ago is exactly that.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Apparently he also used the PM system to cause more havoc when he was being called out by Ben, and now the forums are more stable. 

For clarification, it wasn't just BoB. The top 3 non mod/dev users were suspended within a week.

I also wouldn't say the forums are more "stable". With less than 50 concurrent users and numerous shit posts, it's looking more like reddit. And even reddit has more users.

7 hours ago, Truth said:

Anyone else find it funny that @bewareofbears has only 3 fewer likes than Ben?

Obviously he was much more a part of the forums than Ben is...

Ben has likes because he is a Dev that occasionally brings news. His input is minimal in regards to general conversation in the community. You might as well just erase 90% if those likes as head nodding for table scraps. Not saying Ben is a bad guy, just saying the comparison based on likes is a bit skewed 😁

5 hours ago, Trident77 said:

It's also interesting how Ben has that amount of likes despite posting far less than BoB did.

So he is guilty of using the Soon trademark like a lot of other people, including Wes on Twitter. I never saw him as stirring up a lot of trouble as you clearly do. Was he firm in his convictions? Absolutely. Brutally honest? Yup. Can't hate a person for saying their feelings outright whether you disagree with it or not. 

As for the likes, anyone involved in Gun or Illfonic can post "hey guys" and get 5 likes. Whether from ass kissers, fan boys or whatever. If they post a bit of news, you will most likely see 20 likes just for saying "new emotes" for example. Hell, the generic Courier account receives 5 likes just from saying "thanks. Looking into it". He never even showed gratitude for everyone welcoming him to the forums. That's okay though, ARon is all business. I can deal with that considering other Gun members just hop in a forum to say "work on punctuation" and not even answer the kid's question. Rarely do any of them actually contribute to conversations, whether sarcastically or not. I feel you have forgotten how many questions he answered for new players, how much advice he has given. Considering BoB has earned one of the best like ratios on the forums, I would say he speaks volumes for the masses. 

As for the state of the forums being more stable, I guess it would be more stable than say two months ago when people were still interested. Now it's the same 30 people and new people asking same old questions instead of using search function and contributing to older conversations and giving it a bump. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Trident77 said:

"Being much more a part of the forums" doesn't mean he was a better influence. BoB started trouble on the forums often; his preferred method was getting mobs of people to jeer at the developers. Instead of using constructive criticism, he purposely fanned the flames to rile people up...I'm assuming because he found it amusing. It's also interesting how Ben has that amount of likes despite posting far less than BoB did.

And then BoB was kicked off the forums for an unknown amount of time for said behavior because all he did was start trouble. Apparently he also used the PM system to cause more havoc when he was being called out by Ben, and now the forums are more stable. But despite all this, there's a fundraiser on a website asking for free hand outs to give BoB so he can get a free Xbox One, and people are actually donating. So if he does show up again, he will look like a forum hero, and I don't expect the peace to stay when that happens. Probably will have an inflated ego too; that's what always happened to the troublemakers who came back on the forums I used to moderate a long time ago.

Either way, I don't miss seeing BoB. He might've done what he did in the name of fun, but he essentially pissed off the people who work dilligently to make this game more fun for everyone. You guys ever hear of the old saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?" What happened on these forums not too long ago is exactly that.

BoB has one of the highest like ratings on this forum, approx. 76%,  which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I see yours is at 41%. Which means that people obviously like or value his posts. You have no idea what the pm message thing was about so you probably shouldn't use it as a point. You are judging someone with having zero knowledge of the situation and make a lot of assumptions. You know what happens when you assume, right? BoB is entitled to his opinion and has made sure he was heard. he provided plenty of constructive criticism that fell on deaf ears, you should take some time and actually read his posts. 

Speaking of keeping the peace. You are having a go at someone who currently can't defend his views. You also came into a topic just to stir it up so your first point shows hypocrisy. Also that last quote goes both ways here, we are the hands that feed them. Lastly, it's against the rules to talk down on other forum members which is what you came in here to do. You are under no obligation to like anyone here and if you have nothing relevant to the topic just skip it. I do it all the time to prevent getting in arguments and stirring the pot. 

We are all supporters of this game and want to see it at its best but many are getting frustrated with some of its quirks. They should be able to express their opinions freely on the game because if everyone just parrots one another the game will never evolve into something more. 

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

BoB has one of the highest like ratings on this forum, approx. 76%,  which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I see yours is at 41%. Which means that people obviously like or value his posts. You have no idea what the pm message thing was about so you probably shouldn't use it as a point. You are judging someone with having zero knowledge of the situation and make a lot of assumptions. You know what happens when you assume, right? BoB is entitled to his opinion and has made sure he was heard. he provided plenty of constructive criticism that fell on deaf ears, you should take some time and actually read his posts. 

Speaking of keeping the peace. You are having a go at someone who currently can't defend his views. You also came into a topic just to stir it up so your first point shows hypocrisy. Also that last quote goes both ways here, we are the hands that feed them. Lastly, it's against the rules to talk down on other forum members which is what you came in here to do. You are under no obligation to like anyone here and if you have nothing relevant to the topic just skip it. I do it all the time to prevent getting in arguments and stirring the pot. 

We are all supporters of this game and want to see it at its best but many are getting frustrated with some of its quirks. They should be able to express their opinions freely on the game because if everyone just parrots one another the game will never evolve into something more. 

Agree with everything you said and liked your post, then I saw your avatar. Now I gotta like 9 more of your posts to help unlock whatever that is! Reported for spamming for likes 😉

3 people like this

24 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Liked. Well articulated. 

19 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Agree with everything you said and liked your post, then I saw your avatar. Now I gotta like 9 more of your posts to help unlock whatever that is! Reported for spamming for likes 😉

Liked.

Sorry guys, all out of likes so I spammed my appreciation.

3VvNnff.jpg

17 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Liked. Well articulated. 

Liked.

Sorry guys, all out of likes so I spammed my appreciation.

The avatar is better marketing than the dots, hahaha. 

5 hours ago, Brigadius said:

*snip

That last paragraph of yours is interesting. "Express their opinions freely," huh? Well, everyone certainly has that right, but tell me this: are all expressions of opinions "good" in nature? For instance, I could go to a meeting at a university/college/etc. that discusses racial matters, and it can remain an intellectual debate. But if I turn on a TV, I could watch an angry crowd "expressing their opinions" on the same matter while starting a riot, burning everything in sight as well as vandalism galore.

And as I mentioned before, and I'll quote exactly what I said: "Apparently he (BoB) also used the PM system to cause more havoc when he was being called out by Ben, and now the forums are more stable." According to Ben, he did exactly that; I wasn't made an assumption at all. Unless Ben was lying, but considering the bombshell he dropped I have to imagine it wasn't false.

Several days go by, and here I'm observing this goofy thread where apparently people were donating money to BoB so he could get an Xbox One; thought it was kinda funny that this was actually happening. And then...someone makes a post stating the following:

"Anyone else find it funny that @bewareofbears has only 3 fewer likes than Ben?

Obviously he was much more a part of the forums than Ben is..."

So I'm thinking to myself...well, that's not fair. So what if BoB was a bigger part of the forums? He started up trouble, and ended up getting called out for his unjustifable harrassment by an admin. And when I replied, next thing I know I'm getting swamped by people calling me out for stating the truth.

I'm probably already going to get in serious trouble for this post, but you know what? BoB isn't this incredibly stellar being: he's a person. A person who was smart enough to balance derision with charisma to avoid getting into trouble until he messed up big.

But hey guys, good news! BoB isn't permanently banned, we just don't know when he'll be released.

And it turns out I'm not the only one who thought he stepped out of line. Likewise, I also believe he shouldn't be completely banned for that thread he created a while back. But you know what? I understand how Ben must've felt watching the constant jibes BoB made even before he posted that infamous thread of his. Watching people gang up on someone/a group because they're not doing things fast enough, better enough, etc. Watching as people join in the negativity, getting all nice and riot-y, then watching the victim getting criticized when they try to do something about it.

You want hypocrisy? Even you had to know that comment I responded to originally on this thread was nothing more someone taking a stab at Ben, yet you criticized me and me alone. Apparently I'm the only one "stirring the pot" here. All I did was stand up for someone who was previously a victim of unjustifiable harrassment on the forums, and yet here I'm the one being called out.

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

That last paragraph of yours is interesting. "Express their opinions freely," huh? Well, everyone certainly has that right, but tell me this: are all expressions of opinions "good" in nature? For instance, I could go to a meeting at a university/college/etc. that discusses racial matters, and it can remain an intellectual debate. But if I turn on a TV, I could watch an angry crowd "expressing their opinions" on the same matter while starting a riot, burning everything in sight as well as vandalism galore.

?? I'm not sure where you are going with this. Are you saying only opinions that are praising the game or company are allowed here? That would make place just an echo chamber for praise and like minded people. This is a place of discussion, where people of varying ideas and opinions can discuss. If everyone had same opinion there would be nothing to discuss and this forum would serve no purpose to the community. 

And when I replied, next thing I know I'm getting swamped by people calling me out for stating the truth.

You are not being swamped or attacked you just wandered into a thread with people who have different opinions than you and they let you know. It's not a personal attack people are simply replying to a post. It happens from time to time. And, can you really know the truth without all the details? Rule of life, always be skeptical. I remember when a president told his people he did not have sexual relations with that woman. Turns out he did. Just saying, you can't take everything you hear at face value. 

You want hypocrisy? Even you had to know that comment I responded to originally on this thread was nothing more someone taking a stab at Ben, yet you criticized me and me alone. Apparently I'm the only one "stirring the pot" here. All I did was stand up for someone who was previously a victim of unjustifiable harrassment on the forums, and yet here I'm the one being called out.

Nothing I said was hypocritical I responded to the merits of your post as did the others. Ben doesn't need a defender he is very capable of defending himself on here but BoB isn't here, so he can't. You are always welcome to show your support for Ben, Wes, devs, the company, and the game, but there is a time and place for everything and this thread was not about that. It's like walking into a civil rights debate and trying to changing the topic to deforestation. I understand topics get knocked off topic from time to time, it happens, we should get this one back on topic and just say we agree to disagree on certain topics.

I have no issue with you or your opinions. Without differing opinions and ideas there would be nothing to discuss. So, for your different point of view I thank you. (truly, that's not sarcasm) 

This thread was a gray area but now it is not constructive. I let it fly in terms of not specifically asking for money but now we are discussing members whether present or not. Lets not do that. Thanks.