Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Golden

Too many chances to escape from Jason with the pocket knives needs to be limited

37 posts in this topic

I really really counselor should only be able that freaking escape with a pocket knife at once and you know really that shouldn't even be a thing we're freaking if they have a pocket knife they got to escape they should at least have to press a damn button if anything they should only be able to stay at once not be able to grab three and then the freaking you know Escape every time

I take it you had a rough go as Jason. We've all been there at some point. Here... *offers box of tissues*

And to answer your question: no

7 people like this

Punctuation, man.  Punctuation.

Pocket knives are fine.  There's a limited number of them per map, and the odds of someone having 3 - while absolutely feasible, I've run around with 3 on multiple occasions myself - is pretty slim.  And what's the saying?  "Fool me once...?"  Protip: give someone a few whacks before you try a grab kill on them.  That way, if they have a pocket knife, unless they ALSO have a med spray they're not going to get very far while you shake the knife off - and if they DO have a pocket spray, using it will eat up most of the time you're stunned, letting you get back after them quicker.

If you grab someone and they have a knife, just hack them if you don't want to risk another one.  Otherwise just accept that they may have them and make them burn through their 'extra lives' as quickly as you can.  Each one is one you don't have to worry about later.

I think the big reason a lot of Jason players get upset about pocket knives is that they let themselves be put into situations where that pocket knife is the difference between someone escaping or not.  Cops have arrived, you're trying to make a last stand in the road and stop all the remaining counselors from getting past you.  That's a terrible spot to be in, because one knife, one shotgun, one well-placed firecracker and a bunch of them can go flooding past you.

Don't BE in that position.  If you make effective use of your traps, push them aggressively, make them burn through those kinds of resources early in the game and when they're within sight of an escape, pocket knives cease to be more than a minor annoyance.  

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Use this:

CTK4060C35.png

To avoid this:

_3302044.jpg

Damn that was a good one! I'm sitting here trying to be quiet at work and you just made me crack up!

12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Use this:

CTK4060C35.png

To avoid this:

_3302044.jpg

Should have added this video for Salt 

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Golden said:

I really really counselor should only be able that freaking escape with a pocket knife at once and you know really that shouldn't even be a thing we're freaking if they have a pocket knife they got to escape they should at least have to press a damn button if anything they should only be able to stay at once not be able to grab three and then the freaking you know Escape every time

o7x1oEZ.gif

4 people like this

44 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

_3302044.jpg

Oh look! Free salt. :lol:

FfnvQQD.gif

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Oh look! Free salt. :lol:

FfnvQQD.gif

That would hurt... A lot...

39 minutes ago, Golden said:

I really believe that counselors should only be able to grab 1 pocket knife at a time. Not 3 pocket knives. To use a knife I would like the counselor to press a button to use it. Not have it automatically go off when Jason grabs you. - Translated by GhostWolfViking

giphy.gif

Your welcome. :lol:

2 people like this

If I get pocked-knived more than once, I'm slashing every counselor whose still alive.  

To be honest though, if one person has 3 knives then the rest of the counselors likely do not have any, and they probably also didn't use any knives to disarm traps and actually help.

Just now, NScarlato said:

If I get pocked-knived more than once, I'm slashing every counselor whose still alive.  

if you get the knife more than once then there's only 1 or 2 remaining... Might as well just keep grabbing them (unless they're by the cops)...

On a related note, here is how I feel when I've hoarded 3 pocket knives and the cops have arrived and am willing to share :)

Sorry I'm not an artist.

22281663_10154826129977301_2615457659551

8 people like this

14 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

On a related note, here is how I feel when I've hoarded 3 pocket knives and the cops have arrived and am willing to share :)

I try not too hoard knives unless it's a public match. Nobody talks and they barely help so why bother sharing?

Private I'll take out some traps if I can/it's worth it or I'll give one to whoever is nearby.

Wtf kind of tag is this?

"too many chances of skateboard pocket knife when grabbed"

@GhostWolfViking care to translate that for me?

1 person likes this

We could limit them in another way.

How about a counselor being able to carry only 1 pocket knife at a time?

1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I don't like this idea, personally.  Pocketknives are balanced as Jason can simply slash or throw knives.  Also if one counselor hoardes them, it lowers the strength of the entire team to compensate as they are less likely to have any.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I don't know too many people who don't have at least two pockets in any given pair of pants. But seriously, no. You can only hold three items at a time That's a good enough limit. It's pretty unusual to have more than two pocket knives.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Use this:

CTK4060C35.png

To avoid this:

_3302044.jpg

lol this made me laugh.The most Funny but ironic part about this ^ is that if Jason players use nothing but their weapon to kill, than counselors get salty because they didnt get the chance to use pocket knife but however if Jason players dont use their weapon to kill and counselors use all the pocket knife and then escape by the car or cops than Jason players get salty:lol:

I feel like I get hit by 10 pocket knives but still kill them all or most of them. For every knife you take, brings you one step closer to rage and you don't have to worry about them disarming your traps unless they got the nerve to take the hit and heal.

If it bothers you then just use p3 or p4 when he comes out and start whacking them. Kills counselors in 3 hits.

I used to feel like there were too many pocketknives (what with all the melee weapons, fireworks, guns, et all), but with the current stun times, even pocketknives feel properly balanced now.

I felt extremely lucky the other night and found at least one pocketknife in 5 or 6 matches in a row! I managed to disarm some traps and felt pretty happy about it, hehe.

I personally rarely come across knives as a counselor, but when i do, I am productive and disarm traps in key locations.

And yes, as said, while someone may be carrying more than one knife, if you are worried about it, slash them until they limp then go for a grab. 

Or, slash them until dead and cancel out the whole pocket knife idea. I've seen jason players do grabs early on then go full slasher at mid game. As a spectator, I saw one Part 8 jason hack someone to death and saw that person drop two knives and a health spray, so I can plainly say it saves the jason player some salt.

Stop grabbing counselors while they are waiting at the police exit. Hasn’t everyone been stabbed enough to realize they have a pocket knife? Start slashing

but wait slashing is frowned upon. Then keep eating those pocket knives.

Im about to hop on F13 & see if I can get a solid 8/8 with only slashing 🤣😂🤣

12 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Stop grabbing counselors while they are waiting at the police exit. Hasn’t everyone been stabbed enough to realize they have a pocket knife? Start slashing

but wait slashing is frowned upon. Then keep eating those pocket knives.

Im about to hop on F13 & see if I can get a solid 8/8 with only slashing 🤣😂🤣

If you wait for me at the exit. I'll give you a knife, then hack you to pieces. Don't be stupid and telegraph you have a knife. It's bad for your health.

giphy.gif

3 people like this