chromeXskull

Jason Pt 4 Unlocks at level 44?! What?!

56 posts in this topic

Well, at least it's a nice thing for those who took a risk and bought the digital copy on release, given all the trouble its had since release.  Most of us are probably close to or past that number by now so we'll get to play new Jason first.

i guess level 44 doesn't seem that high to me. i usually only get a few hours of play time per week and play almost exclusively as a counselor and i just hit 67 yesterday. i get the frustration but i think giving it to everyone just guarantees lobbies full of part 4s for the next two weeks... until everyone is sick of him. 

6 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

New content is something to work for! We think this is a good incentive for players who haven't leveled up much and want to have a reason to play and unlock things more and more. 

well double xp weekend is making me wanna play again so kudos to that

If this was a paid for Jason, there would be room to argue over having to grind to unlock him. But, a free Jason update being locked behind leveling is nothing to complain about. So many people complained about leveling past 31 being pointless, this gives reason to do so. Add in that majority of games work like this. Everytime I get a new patch on Final Fantasy XIV they release the level requirements to access that new content and what story quests you need to have beaten already and what level your gear needs to be.

So I know I have to grind further if I'm not at the requirement already so that I'm ready and able to use the new content on patch day. This is nothing new.

Hell, I wanted to play Adam on Day 1 of launch, but guess what? I had to grind to unlock him and play as AJ and Kenny prior until I unlocked Adam. It is what it is, i was was annoyed at the time, but I got over it and don't really mind it now as it wasn't even that bad.

If you're having issues gaining EXP in public matches do to disconnects then do what everyone has been telling everyone since day 1 but so many of you just don't want to listen to, play private matches.

When I started day 1 on launch I had my brother on my friends list as the SOLE person I knew who played the game. Now I have over 50+ people on my friends list who I play with all the time. That's because I added people from the forums, the communities, twitter etc. I made friends and joined lobbies of others etc. All it takes is the TINIEST bit of effort, seriously TINY, not even a lot.  And then you can play privates and almost never have to touch Publics. I just don't comprehend why so many people are resistant to Privates and stubbornly keep playing Publics but then complain about how bad they are. Makes no sense.

On 09/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, chromeXskull said:

I hate to be negative about free content and I am excited for the new map and Jason however unlocking at 44 just ruined that excitement. It is just wrong and should be available right away or at least much lower then that and the main reason being how many matches I have not received my XP because of disconnects. The networking issues, game crashes and no host migration has been a huge issue since launch and still is. I play the game a descent amount and I am a huge fan but hitting 44 will not happen for a while so wtf.

It's great to have a new Jason at a higher level unlock. I'm at 49 and we have all had the same disconnects and annoying bugs as everyone else. Hope they have a Jason at level 100.

It'll likely be months until the next Jason comes along, so hopefully everyone can continue to get their levels up before then.

Given the way the previous ones have unlocked (at levels 3, 7, 13, 20, 31 and now 44), it does seem that something around the mid-fifties would be a reasonable goal to bear in mind.

Plus make the most of this double XP Friday & weekend.