chromeXskull

Jason Pt 4 Unlocks at level 44?! What?!

56 posts in this topic

I hate to be negative about free content and I am excited for the new map and Jason however unlocking at 44 just ruined that excitement. It is just wrong and should be available right away or at least much lower then that and the main reason being how many matches I have not received my XP because of disconnects. The networking issues, game crashes and no host migration has been a huge issue since launch and still is. I play the game a descent amount and I am a huge fan but hitting 44 will not happen for a while so wtf.

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

I understand your disappointment, but personally I like it.

Same. It just gives more incentive for new players to keep ranking up and keep playing. I hope they add more Jasons unlockable by levels in the future.

Sorry but I don't agree one bit releasing a new Jason that everyone will be excited about but having it be that high of a rank to get him. I wouldn't have as much of an issue if I haven't lost SO MUCH XP from all the disconnect issues this game has....I get having him be unlocked at a certain rank so someone brand new doesn't get the privilege of using a new Jason right away when us day one players should have some perks but make it a little lower at least.

I'm cool with it. If it was paid, no way. Otherwise they're adding content to the game and treating it the way they treat all other content.

And I haven't even hit level 31 yet, so I'm not saying this as someone who automagically gets him on day one.

He's Killing Me likes this

Expect Roy to be unlocked at level 55 and Jason X at level 100. Unlocking at a certain level is good because it encourages people to play the game more to unlock them, then play more to get their fill of the character.

rizistr likes this

I'm surprised they didn't have Mitch unlockable at a certain level. I love the fact you have to level up to get him. There is way too big of a gap between the last unlockable Jason and the max level. I'm glad they added something to fill the gap.

My advice is to take advantage of the double XP weekend!

Redrum138 likes this

1 minute ago, chromeXskull said:

Sorry but I don't agree one bit releasing a new Jason that everyone will be excited about but having it be that high of a rank to get him. I wouldn't have as much of an issue if I haven't lost SO MUCH XP from all the disconnect issues this game has....I get having him be unlocked at a certain rank so someone brand new doesn't get the privilege of using a new Jason right away when us day one players should have some perks but make it a little lower at least.

At least there's a double xp weekend starting Thursday evening. Hopefully that will allow you to reach 44.

3 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Even with disconnect issues and host quits you still get XP, just not as much. What platform do you play on and what level are you currently? Just wondering.

5 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

I've played from day 1 and have lost probably over 100 games worth of xp. Still hit 101 a couple of months ago.

11 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

We've all had to deal with disconnects, rage quitters, and loss of xp. You're not the only one. Why would they just give it to everyone when every other Jason has to be unlocked at a certain level. That would make no sense. Plus there's a huge gap between the current high level Jason (at 31) and max level (which a lot of players have already gotten) so they need to fill the gap anyway. Maybe if you play this weekend you'll be able to unlock it.

Again I get what your all saying and being unlocked is not bad so new people don't get access right away but I just think it should be a little lower because of the network issues, I have played a good amount and still only in the 30s and I don't quit games when I die. I will have to find some time to play during double XP and get as close I can

2 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Again I get what your all saying and being unlocked is not bad so new people don't get access right away but I just think it should be a little lower because of the network issues, I have played a good amount and still only in the 30s and I don't quit games when I die. I will have to find some time to play during double XP and get as close I can

I don't really remember what levels the other are unlocked at, but I'm sure it's spaced rather reasonably.

I understand the frustration. I have had the game since day 1 and I'm only on level 47 (yes, I know, he will be unlock for me) but the OP's  complaint isn't without merit.  I would be a lot higher level too if it wasn't for all the issues, I don't play the game nearly as much as I use too, just due to the headache the issues have caused. 

1 minute ago, chromeXskull said:

The problem with the unlock level being lowered is that there are already Jason's that are unlockable at those lower levels. It's good that the game spaces out the level unlocks. If you unlock too much is a short time you'll soon run out of things to unlock.

Its good incentive to level up I am already 101 so it doesn't matter to me but at least they didn't make it higher than 44 (most people I have encountered are 40+) because they could have make it 60+ to unlock.

13 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

I understand the frustration, I have had the game since day 1 and I'm only on level 47 (yes, I know, he will be unlock for me) but the OP's  complaint isn't without merit, I would be a lot higher level too if it wasn't for all the issues, I don't play the game nearly as much as I use too, just due to the headache the issues have caused. 

Thank you and that's all I am saying, I just have a problem with it because of all the issues and pretty bummed I cant check him out day 1 that's all, I know we have all dealt with the issues but the amount of XP I have lost from disconnects is crazy.....hoping to find time this weekend to play some during double XP.......and now that I think about it maybe I shouldn't of said he should be unlocked for everyone because people that have been playing should be rewarded but I just wish it was a little lower then 44.

9 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Thank you and that's all I am saying, I just have an issue with it because of all the issues and pretty bummed I cant check him out day 1 that's all, I know we have all dealt with the issues but the amount of XP I have lost from disconnects is crazy.....hoping to find time this weekend to play some during double XP.

Double XP weekend will help you out for sure. I was out of town the first time they did a double XP weekend, apparently people were leveling up quite a bit over that weekend.  And of course I got so much stuff going on this weekend too, that I'm going to miss out on it again, I'll be lucky if I can get more than a couple of games in, over this whole weekend. 

I know how you feel about disconnects, network issues,& stupid hosts quitting...not getting xp, some of my best games xp wise didn't even count because of that. 

Maybe you can grind Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs(2X xp) you still have time, hopefully you'll unlock him this weekend. I'm at Level 101 but I don't have any cp so I will have to grind on Thursday too, I never have cp I spend it all! 

Redrum138 likes this

The last double XP weekend I gained about 10 levels even with the disconnects. This should work out much better for everyone. I like that they are keeping the free Jason as an unlock. We need more goodies at those higher levels to incentivize play. I wonder what level Mitch will unlock at...or if he'll be a starter counselor.

13 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

I know how you feel about disconnects, network issues,& stupid hosts quitting...not getting xp, some of my best games xp wise didn't even count because of that. 

Maybe you can grind Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs(2X xp) you still have time, hopefully you'll unlock him this weekend. I'm at Level 101 but I don't have any cp so I will have to grind on Thursday too, I never have cp I spend it all! 

Between work, wife and kids I cant always find the time but I will try my best this weekend, I am only a 32 but if I cant at least get close to 44 after the weekend ill be happy

53 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't really remember what levels the other are unlocked at, but I'm sure it's spaced rather reasonably.

I know J9 unlocks at lvl 31, don't remember the others.