Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

How the maps fit together: New Theory

35 posts in this topic

I spent an hour in MS Paint and threw all the maps together into one big overworld map. I did this once before but that was before the new Jarvis map was revealed. This one includes the Jarvis Map. Tell me what you think:

q72rih8.png

24 people like this

Like it! What I do like about this game, is that it expands the geography of Crystal Lake. Always saw the lake as a main hub of different districts. Good job man. 

1 person likes this

This looks great. I'm always thinking where the camps are in relation to each other. And this fits well. I hope you keep adding to this.

I'm happy the part 4 map wasn't just a big lake in the center, as a lot of people wanted that, but would completely disregard the other maps.

Nothing to say here besides it fits so well with the maps! It even looks like the F13th team did this and revealed to the public!

Good job @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow!

2 people like this

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I spent an hour in MS Paint and threw all the maps together into one big overworld map. I did this once before but that was before the new Jarvis map was revealed. This one includes the Jarvis Map. Tell me what you think:

q72rih8.png

I was wondering how all of these went together to form the big lake area. You sir just blew my mind!

jVe54BS.gif

2 people like this

Looks awesome (and there is no way I'd been able to do create something like that), but there's this one teensy weensy problem (and I really hate to be that guy, buttttttt) in their tweet introducing the new counselor a few days ago it says that the Jarvis House is located in North Crystal Lake, you currently have it in South Crystal Lake

16 minutes ago, tav7623 said:

Looks awesome (and there is no way I'd been able to do create something like that), but there's this one teensy weensy problem (and I really hate to be that guy, buttttttt) in their tweet introducing the new counselor a few days ago it says that the Jarvis House is located in North Crystal Lake, you currently have it in South Crystal Lake

It's impossible for it to be in North crystal lake given the geography of the maps already presented. Higgins has the lake facing the south, and Jarvis has the lake to the north. Unless Crystal Lake has some weird-ass shape to it, like some long snaky shenanigans going on, I'm putting Jarvis to the south.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's impossible for it to be in North crystal lake given the geography of the maps already presented. Higgins has the lake facing the south, and Jarvis has the lake to the north. Unless Crystal Lake has some weird-ass shape to it, like some long snaky shenanigans going on, I'm putting Jarvis to the south.

I have no clue as to the actual layout of the lake, I'm just going by the Tweet the game's devs put out to announce the release date for Mitch Floyd, Part IV Jason, & the Jarvis House Map, maybe they got it wrong maybe they didn't, idk, I'm just pointing it out.

@tav7623 I understand that but I'm just saying it can't be "North" Crystal Lake if the "Lake" is further "North" than the land is....

1 person likes this

It's possible for 'North' Crystal Lake to be towards on the East or West. As long as it's situated in the top 50% of the lake, that's still an accurate description.

It could also be jutting out of a prominence, with part of the lake curving above it into a small river. Crystal Lake is supposed to be huge. On your map, each district takes up 1/9th of the map, but in reality it'd more likely be 1/100th.

The map stands in game actually have a map of the entire lake on them too. t's hard to work out the scale, but comparing the sizes of how roads are displayed, I'd argue each in-game map is tiny on the overall map.

Remember too that Crystal Lake comprises almost an entire county. In New Jersey (where the films are set) even their smallest county, Salem, has 65,000 people, which necessitates a very large size to the lake to have the scale to fit them in the surrounding area.

All the game maps together likely take up less space than the island in the middle does, meaning any problematic geographical features could just be too small for the map to represent.

FB_IMG_1507532092565.thumb.jpg.d912316b0040d5e065bc9eddbe903921.jpg

1 person likes this

I always love this stuff. I remember someone putting together a big map of Silent Hill, based off the first few games at least, showing how it generally all fit together.

Could be interesting to theorise which of the remaining five unused 'squares' could work for a Shepard house map?

Middle left could be quite good, opposite bank of the lake from Camp Crystal Lake itself, which could fit in with Jason being there at the end of Part VI and start of Part VII.

1 person likes this

@ZooMalfunction Based on what I see in that big map, some of the current maps can't fit. Packanack and Camp Crystal Lake can probably fit on the south side, but ther's nothing resembling Higgins or the Jarvis Residence on the north side. I do see an island and I would love to have a map set on that area.

36 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ZooMalfunction Based on what I see in that big map, some of the current maps can't fit. Packanack and Camp Crystal Lake can probably fit on the south side, but ther's nothing resembling Higgins or the Jarvis Residence on the north side. I do see an island and I would love to have a map set on that area.

Yeah, your map definitely makes more sense than the map shown in game... Good job!

...Why am I suddenly fantasizing about a giant world map. Nah. That could never work out. 

1 minute ago, Barbara Ann said:

...Why am I suddenly fantasizing about a giant world map. Nah. That could never work out. 

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MEAN GIRL!!!

That would be interesting though. 20 counselors, 45 minutes, and all 4 maps combined. I'd play it!

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

That would be interesting though. 20 counselors, 45 minutes, and all 4 maps combined. I'd play it!

:huh: That sounds... Like a great idea!

Multiplayer happens during the 3/4 part of a friday movie (where the last counselors know about Jason's presence). This could happen during all parts of friday movie! With matches in daytime! And we don't know where Jason is or will be!

24 minutes ago, Truth said:

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MEAN GIRL!!!

...Right? It could be either very boring or very intense, still I'd like to try it out. 

AND OBVIOUSLY THAT A MEAN GIRL LOOKS LIKE THIS:

Chanel-Oberlin-6.jpg

NOT THIS: 

kirsten_baker-014.jpg

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

:huh: That sounds... Like a great idea!

Multiplayer happens during the 3/4 part of a friday movie (where the last counselors know about Jason's presence). This could happen during all parts of friday movie! With matches in daytime! And we don't know where Jason is or will be!

It really does sound like fun to me. There would be so much going on, Jason wouldn't know where to start. Although 20 counselors gang banging Jason would get real old real fast. That's also a lot of time to deal with people rage quitting mid kill... And how shitty would it be when the host quits 44 minutes in...

15 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

...Right? It could be either very boring or very intense, still I'd like to try it out. 

Reveal hidden contents

AND OBVIOUSLY THAT A MEAN GIRL LOOKS LIKE THIS:

Chanel-Oberlin-6.jpg

NOT THIS: 

kirsten_baker-014.jpg

I see what you did there!

2 people like this

15 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@tav7623 I understand that but I'm just saying it can't be "North" Crystal Lake if the "Lake" is further "North" than the land is....

The only thing that I can think of that might make sense is that the water shown on the Jarvis map is not the lake proper, but rather tributaries connecting the lake to other water masses. We know Crystal Lake has them because it is demonstrated in Part 8. I get why you are putting it where you are though.;)

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

The only thing that I can think of that might make sense is that the water shown on the Jarvis map is not the lake proper, but rather tributaries connecting the lake to other water masses. We know Crystal Lake has them because it is demonstrated in Part 8. I get why you are putting it where you are though.;)

Well, it labels the water to the north as "Crystal Lake."

I wish the geography were more consistent. Why is Birch Ridge where Woodbury Camp is supposed to be on Packanack Small? There's a real need for someone to take a deep continuity pass at the content.