The.Dark.God

Is there a public PC physical release coming?

17 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been "officially" answered but I searched and all I found were speculative posts. 

My question is simple: Is there a physical release of the game for PC that will be available to the public? 

I foolishly didn't order a physical copy as a Kickstarter backer and I would like to get my hands on one, especially since I'd like the exclusive skins.  I'd love one of the steelbooks too, but I'm guessing eBay is going to be my only shot at that.  All listings online of physical releases only show XBox One and PS4, so I'm starting to doubt a PC version exists... thanks!

Guess I got my answer, in case anyone else was wondering:

http://twitter.com/Randygbk/status/917189881838874624

So... guess it may end up as Savini 2.0 for the few folks who had the foresight to purchase the physical edition on PC, with exclusive clothes and blood pattern for them.

Keeping my fingers crossed they release the "exclusive" clothes/blood for the PC physical edition as DLC, since at least that was never promised as a backer-only, never available again item.

1 person likes this

if I had known they were going to add skins and clothes to the physical Copy I would have ordered one on Kickstarter.  I hope they give us an option to get them on steam.

1 person likes this

The PC playerbase will be keep dwindling, sadly. A physical release wouldn't have revitalized it anyway for the exact reason Randy posted.

The only thing that could bring in people (and back) on PC would be a sale. But even that might only be temporary.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. At least the console players will get some influx with the phys-release.

2 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

People still play on PC?

Yep. Haven't you heard of the "PCMasterRace." They're the vegans of the Internet world. They'll tell you all about how much better PC gaming is and how wrong and stupid you are for playing on a console because........ it affects them somehow?

Just now, TestedTwice said:

Yep. Haven't you heard of the "PCMasterRace." They're the vegans of the Internet world. They'll tell you all about how much better PC gaming is and how wrong you are for playing on a console because........ it affects them somehow?

Oh i see...

Hey dont you dare call us vegans lol!!I am not one of these pc vegans :D

Well that s a huge bummer and it doesnt really make sense to me since pc psysical copy was officially announced.Havent been bitching anywhere about bugs and all and i was really thankful for the effort the devs put in this but taking back the pc physical copy release is another thing.It was not announced as an exclusive thing like Savini so it should be out no matter what. 

Yeah, there's actually quite a vibrant group of active players on PC, even if it has dwindled since launch.  And we didn't have nearly the issues with griefers/kids that the consoles had.  Plus, we've had dedicated servers since day 1 so no major stability issues.

I have the game on XBox One as well but definitely prefer it on PC, primarily for the community of players who are generally not toxic.  For some reason people like to devolve every thread into an argument.  Not going to get into a console vs. PC pissing contest, that's not what this thread was about.

I was just trying to get info, then share what I was told, hoping maybe someone like @Gertz would pop in and reassure the PC folks who don't have access to a physical copy that somehow we will still be able to get the same perks that consoles will have access to via their physical purchases.

10 minutes ago, The.Dark.God said:

For some reason people like to devolve every thread into an argument.

I apologize if you took my last comment as trying to argue; I was just making a joke based on all I've seen on the Internet from some of the PC players. Lol.

1 person likes this

@GunMedia_Ben Hey, any chance you can chime in here and comment on how PC gamers who didn't buy the physical version on Kickstarter (and thus can't get a physical copy) can somehow get the physical-only clothing/bloody Jason variants?  I'd be fine paying for it as DLC or whatever, and I would love to have bought a physical copy to go along with my digital in hindsight (this is absolutely my favorite game, never knew I'd love it so much).  But since I didn't at the time, is there any hope?  Thanks.

Sorry, no plans on that at this time. The physical incentive items are just that. 

We recognize PC has a different landscape, so there might be a discussion later on, however I can't promise anything right now about that. 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Sorry, no plans on that at this time. The physical incentive items are just that. 

We recognize PC has a different landscape, so there might be a discussion later on, however I can't promise anything right now about that. 

Thanks for the reply @GunMedia_Ben, I guess the issue I have is that at the time there was an option to back at that level or order on Backerkit, I don't think there as any mention of extra in-game content exclusive to those editions.  Unlike the Savini Skin/Counselor Pack, which was said "get this or miss out."  I could be wrong on that.  But I would have jumped on it if I knew that.

The other thing that was never really said until recently was that there wouldn't be a full PC physical release.  The other platforms have that so I can go out and drop $40 and get those, but that's literally not an option on PC.  Another thing I didn't expect, I kept checking Amazon and Gamestop hoping for a listing until Randy told me on Twitter it wasn't coming.

Hopefully there can be some sort of way for us to get that content, other than jumping on eBay to buy someone's key (which you guys have already said isn't ok to do for the Savini Jason).

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

wat 

Why give out an alternative bloody jason skin and not an alternative clothing pack? If one exclusive thing is getting an alternative, I don't really understand why there isn't for the other. I figured either we'd get no bloody jason and no clothes (actually exclusive to physical) or bloody jason AND clothes (sate the PC audience). Idk how to rationalize providing an alternative for one and not the other :S

PC players don't even have the option to shell out an extra 40 bucks if they want the clothes (if u would've ur nuts)- there's just straight up no way to get them

1 person likes this

Yeah, I have to be honest and say that it is a bad move and I'm disappointed.

For those of us who backed, or pre-ordered, the game, there was supposed to be no difference between the digital and physical version (other than the obvious disk and packaging). It's bad enough to include physical only exclusives, making customers consider buying the game a second time just to get some outfit options... but to not provide that option for pc players and not provide any other alternative is just wrong.

You are tainting what should be an awesome update and physical release celebration with unnecessary things to give your loyal pc customers a legitimate reason to have negative feelings. :/

I do hope you guys figure something out to let pc customers have these newly exclusive items (that no one was ever given the choice to choose!!).

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Does this sound  fair to you since we are willing to pay the same amount of money as consoles,and especially since this was not announced as exclusive content?

1 person likes this