Not Shelly

How often do you recieve "complaining" messages from other players?

27 posts in this topic

In the last 2 weeks on this game, I've been recieving a higher intake of message on PS4 with players complaining about how I play. Often, when I play Jason, I will recieve a message from a random player saying "tryhard" or maybe "Really?".  

Does this happen often to you? I am curious to hear if you recieve similar messages or complaints .

And for the record I am a level 101 for a reason, I actually know what I am doing when I play as Jason 

If you're Jason when you receive these messages, know that you did an exceptionally great job at pissing off sore losers.

From the time I've spent with the PS4 community, I've come to learn that messages from other players are rare other than friend requests, at least when compared to other gaming platforms. It might've happened because of how the PS3's system was started up; it made the crowd kinda silent, but otherwise it's rarely toxic which is why I decided to buy a PS4 when the time came to join the next gen.

Well there was also the part where Bloodborne was PS4 exclusive, so that sealed the deal for me, but anyways I wouldn't sweat it. Haters gonna hate after all.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Not Shelly said:

In the last 2 weeks on this game, I've been recieving a higher intake of message on PS4 with players complaining about how I play. Often, when I play Jason, I will recieve a message from a random player saying "tryhard" or maybe "Really?".  

Does this happen often to you? I am curious to hear if you recieve similar messages or complaints .

And for the record I am a level 101 for a reason, I actually know what I am doing when I play as Jason 

I received a hate message from Jason cause I kept juking him in this one house he said "you little slutty try hard" 

I play on PS4 and have never gotten hate mail. It was only a little bit ago that I discovered I had my settings defaulted to only allowing friends to message me. I suppose I’ll see what happens in future games! I’m now expecting hate mail to be an inevitability!

After killing a loud mouth who openly proclaimed he had a pocket knife while I was stalking with a series of well aimed axe strikes I got a message that said "You trash as Jason" I sent "CHOPPED" back to him.

2 people like this

I get hate messages, once in a while, on the X1. Read...chuckle...delete. Don't let it bug you.

yes here and there. its my level 101 gameplay that gets them.

No, I can't say I get nasty-grams. If there is griping, it is usually in the lobby or during the match.

I get messages here and there. I received one just a few days ago that said "fuck you and go kill yourself".  I was playing as Jason and killed everyone pretty quickly.

12 hours ago, Trident77 said:

If you're Jason when you receive these messages, know that you did an exceptionally great job at pissing off sore losers.

From the time I've spent with the PS4 community, I've come to learn that messages from other players are rare other than friend requests, at least when compared to other gaming platforms. It might've happened because of how the PS3's system was started up; it made the crowd kinda silent, but otherwise it's rarely toxic which is why I decided to buy a PS4 when the time came to join the next gen.

Well there was also the part where Bloodborne was PS4 exclusive, so that sealed the deal for me, but anyways I wouldn't sweat it. Haters gonna hate after all.

I agree, normally there aren't too many problems with other players on PS4 (across all games) in my opinion.

I am definitely one of those good Jason players. It's always a common sight to see people rage quit in my games because I am very aware of the surroundings and the littles nuances within the game. I find it quite hilarious 

I have gotten maybe half a dozen since I started playing the week of release. I take them as compliments.

1 person likes this

Not that often but generally when they're salty about being killed. It's generally a symptom of basement dweller syndrome. Many who play the game suffer from it. 

I haven't gotten any hate mail, however, I do sometimes switch to savini in public and watch the lobby drop out one by one.  I have to laugh cause he really isn't any better than the other Jasons.  Depends on the operator and I'm not very good as Jason.  

Got my messages locked down so no lol nobody can message me except friends.

I set my settings to private so the sore losers can’t send me abusive messages.

1 person likes this

Sometimes they send hate messages.

My friend was a backer and had Savini, he let me go on his account and I tried him out...

First of all, when I joined a lobby, immediately two people left, when the match starts, I Morph to the Phone Box and I see someone already attempting to fix it, I grab and kill the guy, which then immediately, before I can even Morph to the cars, I receive a PSN message from that player that told me to "go fuck urself with ur pay2win jason garbage"

I've been playing since Launch, but I didn't back the game, but I see how some of you Savini mainers have to go through every match as Jason now..

All of the complaints have been over the mic for me, and not through messages (not yet, anyways). 

The weirdest message i received was like "if you enjoy killing so much, go to ISIS!!!"...<_<:ph34r:

On 10/8/2017 at 7:15 PM, BoxingRouge said:

I set my settings to private so the sore losers can’t send me abusive messages.

I like the abuse.

Someone sent me a complaining message after I scared them so bad in game that they crapped their pants. I responded with "Go change your shorts"...

There was one time a  player escaped my grab, and I activated stalk and morphed to the other side of a cabin he was running to. Luckily the door was unlocked. I waited by a corner at the end of a hall for him come to lock the door, and he literally ran into my arms. Only time I got an angry message.

I cant stand it when you enter a lobby and its full of kids, when they see my savina jason i get freind requests sent to me. they think they are going to get me to game share the savina skin it gets very annoying.

1 person likes this