Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yoda

Regarding -Shift

13 posts in this topic

Some are saying this will be a low tier Jason, look at it like this –

Since his shift is a weakness, you have to use this guy viciously and come at the counselors in the beginning of the match. You'll need to be cautious about objectives with -Traps. So when you hear a counselor screw up, immediately morph and waste no time tracking them down. This'll be easy with a +Can run and +Destruction combo. The guy will literally be Part 8 on steroids.

Since I main Part 2 I've gotten use to the -Shift and I'll be honest, it's not really big of a deal. Running makes up for it when your in hot pursuit of a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think -Shift is a bad thing in running Jasons, but the -Water Speed is really bad. It takes too much mobility from him. This could be replaced with -Hit Points.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potato sac shift is horrible but his run and morph makes up for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

I personally don't think -Shift is a bad thing in running Jasons, but the -Water Speed is really bad. It takes too much mobility from him. This could be replaced with -Hit Points.

I would take -Water Speed over a shift reduction any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Water speed isn't that harmful as it's quite rarer to get the boat rather than the 2 seater car.

I honestly wouldn't mind a shift reduction if it wasn't for the -Traps too, that's just a bad combination. But the +Run and +Destruction make up for some of his mobility so he can hunt down counselors faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Water speed isn't that harmful as it's quite rarer to get the boat rather than the 2 seater car.

I honestly wouldn't mind a shift reduction if it wasn't for the -Traps too, that's just a bad combination. But the +Run and +Destruction make up for some of his mobility so he can hunt down counselors faster.

Agreed. This Jason will be very rewarding of aggressive play.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Some are saying this will be a low tier Jason, look at it like this –

Since his shift is a weakness, you have to use this guy viciously and come at the counselors in the beginning of the match. You'll need to be cautious about objectives with -Traps. So when you hear a counselor screw up, immediately morph and waste no time tracking them down. This'll be easy with a +Can run and +Destruction combo. The guy will literally be Part 8 on steroids.

Since I main Part 2 I've gotten use to the -Shift and I'll be honest, it's not really big of a deal. Running makes up for it when your in hot pursuit of a car.

IT just won't be different if he ran faster than the other two but he does not which will just be part 2 pretty much just with way less traps and not good morph sounds very underwhelming to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blackbird68 He has bad shift, traps and water speed. I have no problem with his -Shift, but his -Water Speed is really heartbreaking (2 water kills in his own movie). I would replace it with -Hit Points since he was already woulded since the beginning of the movie and not counting his death, the only times he got wounded was that TV in the head and the machete cutting his hand in half.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The negative shift isn't even bad in my opinion I'm used to it because I use Part 2 all the time, Part 4s real problem is the negative traps at least for me, I suck with Part 7 & 9 because less traps, hopefully his ability to run and destruction make up for the low traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like -shift. Its easier to control. I'm terrible with the +shift Jasons. Its just too fast for my old reflexes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game has 3 (short distance) mobility abilities: running, destruction and shift. While it is true that shift is a very, if not the most, important skill for Jason, having all of the above as either strength or average would simply be an overkill. 

Personally, I'm thrilled. I've been hoping for a Can Run & Destruction combo ever since the game released. I realize I'm in the minority when I say that the Trap weakness doesn't really affect me at all; I despise trap-stacking and I only ever use 3 traps on an average round. I consider Water Speed an irrelevant skill (at least for the moment, hopefully the new map changes that), so nothing to say there either. The only thing I really don't like is Weapon Strength as I tend to accidentally slash counselors to death on Part 3 when I try to cripple them. My playstyle is all about environmental kills so it really irks me when that happens. I've been playing on random for months now, but with this addition, I suppose I start maining a Jason again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind -Shift at all.I am actually better and more used to low shift because i can control it easier since i main part 2.They only bummer for me was the -Traps.It was the only thing I was hoping that the new Jason would not have as a disability.His abilities though sound good...he will definitely be good at chop-chop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0