GunMedia_Ben

Upcoming Friday the 13th Update - Next Friday with Tons of Stuff

91 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Not saying Part 7 will be beast all of a sudden, but if Gun Media/IllFonic release more maps where water plays a larger role we could see a rise of the Water Speed dominant Jasons.

Actually New Blood got buffed. He breaks down doors slightly slower than guys with destruction, his cool downs are faster, and his shift is a bit quicker. He's playable now, and I prefer him to part 6 and part 2. 

1 person likes this

will we be able to pre order off amazon? its not on there atm sorry for being a pain I just want to know thanks. but cannot wait but I am working Friday so the earliest I will be able to play is Sunday afternoon.  

38 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Actually New Blood got buffed. He breaks down doors slightly slower than guys with destruction, his cool downs are faster, and his shift is a bit quicker. He's playable now, and I prefer him to part 6 and part 2. 

Yeah, I thought that breaking doors was a bit easier, I noticed that with J6.

My one concern about the map, is the same one i have with the small maps, seems like jason's shack is too close to some of the cabins. Spawning or having an object start there, is worse than have the car and phone in the main house.

the way i see it, i have i gotten my 40 bucks with out of the game, for sure, but have i gotten the 40 dollar game i was promised, no, and until then, I can't give them anymore more money. it all boils down to track record.

And for people to have valid concerns isn't bitching, it's good for the game, talking about the window change got it fixed and changed back. people bitching about people voicing their concerns doesn't help anything, and only is going to discourage people from join the conversation. of course it seems like those post always stay up and only get warnings cause they are positive about the games.:wacko:

12 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The map for those wondering.

I like that the water is on all sides of the map. It does make for a lot of tough choices for counselor rather than just having a cabin next door.

Jarvis%20Map.jpg

How many of you can see the Nightmare on Elm Street and The Burning easter eggs on the map?

1 person likes this

So here are my toughts on the subject...

Part 4 Jason - He's perfect...well almost,his body build definitely look like Ted White,the shoulder,the waist,the shape of the head,it's perfect,but it seem they used the movie end version of the hockey mask instead of the shower scene wich im a bit disapointed,but i guess i can deal with it,also i cant really see if he as the rough black nails on his fingers,we will need a closer look.

Also,some peoples doesnt seem to like that he has '- shift',but something tell me that the devs might have increased his running speed wich would explain the decrease in shift,tough i would have prefered +grip strenght instead of +weapon strenght.

The Map - I really like it,it has a nice shape to it and there's lots of water,i wonder where Rob's tent will be.

Mitch Floyd - Glad that we are getting a hippy/stoner counselor,is it me or the guy look a lot more like Chong than the guy from F13 Part 3...must be because he has more beard and the loose shirt he's wearing.

Emotes - I presume the funny dance is supposed to be based on Crispin Glover dance,tough it seem a bit slower and has a few different arms movements,probably so they dont get sued by Crispin.

So far,so good,cant wait see some gameplay footage once the update come out.

1 person likes this

Where is "Crystal Point"? A prominent landmark in the film...

Cant wait... what is the 411 on the Bloody Jason Variant for digital version? We know hard copy is getting a bloody variant and new clothes.

9 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Very happy with the update and happy for the emotes. Anyone complaining about them charging $2 for completely optional AND useless to gameplay emotes is just looking for stuff to bitch about.

It is bizarre and captious behavior, with a lot of effort on some people's parts to justify their criticisms. It's one thing to say "I don't want these. I don't like them" and to declare them a waste of time/resources and brand them as unneeded or somehow damaging to the game (as seen in other threads). It's not the complaining that makes me eyes roll, it's the lack of self awareness of one's motivations and lack of logic that bugs me.   

6 hours ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

EDIT: What is that icon in the top left of the map, in the water?

I'm wondering the same thing. My guess is an abandoned / run down boat? At least, that is what the icon looks like to me.

1 person likes this

Dang, this Jason is a single step away from being what I would have put for Uber. I'd just trade out Run for grip strength.

And they may just be waiting before showing the other counselor. Remember, the longer hair is often a pain in the ass for the programming and they still got a week to fine tune it.

11 minutes ago, The Razor's Edge said:

I'm wondering the same thing. My guess is an abandoned / run down boat? At least, that is what the icon looks like to me.

Looks like A buoy. Odd that it would be on the map as an icon...

1 person likes this

Btw, I love the nod to Ted White with "White's Trail".

4 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Looks like A buoy. Odd that it would be on the map as an icon...

It is a buoy. When you click on the map and zoom in - you can see it clearly. 

1 minute ago, The Razor's Edge said:

Btw, I love the nod to Ted White with "White's Trail".

It is a buoy. When you click on the map and zoom in - you can see it clearly. 

Yeah, at the map's edge in water. 

Escape area? Possibly location of importance? Generally that's the only reason for icons to show up like that...

22 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Escape area? Possibly location of importance? Generally that's the only reason for icons to show up like that...

I think it may be the escape point for the boat as I cannot see any other possible escape point and that area has always been marked by buoys in game. Maybe as part of their optimization/fixes they added an icon to signify it and this screenshot is our first look?

7 hours ago, BritGamer95 said:

will we be able to pre order off amazon? its not on there atm sorry for being a pain I just want to know thanks. but cannot wait but I am working Friday so the earliest I will be able to play is Sunday afternoon.  

I pre-ordered the game on Amazon US - are you in the US or a different country?

2 hours ago, C-FLO said:

Cant wait... what is the 411 on the Bloody Jason Variant for digital version? We know hard copy is getting a bloody variant and new clothes.

I want details on the exclusive clothing pack so bad! I wonder if Mitch will get outfits from it as well?

The escape routes look a bit more narrow than previous maps.  Seems like you need to go over a bit longer stretch of bridge before making it out.  Could lead to some real tension crossing that final stretch.  Of course I’ve always found it difficult to morph with that kind of accuracy.  Same with the boat from the location we see it at.  Many more narrow paths to get to the exit unlike previous maps having a whole lake to maneuver in.  

I also wonder if weather will affect driving.  I think it would be cool to have the drivers vision impaired a bit by the rain.  Maybe have the roads become slick or something.  Idk just a though.  

The new map looks huge! I'm nervous just to even imagine trekking through from one cabin to the other. I assume because the map looks bigger, the counselors will all start further apart from each other than in the other maps. Though then again the map might not be as big as I'm thinking, perhaps the size of Packaknack. Rain will be cool so long as they fix the current fps issues people are having. I can see lightening flashes already possibly causing people to lag lol

5 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

In all of the other maps there is only one boat escape (per body of water). Maybe there are two possible but one is randomly closed off.

13 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

and his shift is a bit quicker.

If that's true, then Part 2 and 4 will be ever deadlier.

I hope all this talk that they "worked some on the optimization" (only some?? wat) means the FPS issues will finally be fixed and I can play again.

1 person likes this

On 10/6/2017 at 6:07 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Lastly; we've got game-balance tweaks coming and we've taken a lot of feedback from the community regarding combat and luck. You will see things return to more normal gameplay thus seen from earlier builds. 

This is all really awesome and I can't wait for all the Part IV goodies (err baddie?!?!) and Mitch Floyd!

I am a bit nervous about which feedback you've been listening to (and adjusting to), as I really hope the current Stun Times are remaining. I see you mentioned luck, but the generic "combat" mixed with "feedback" makes me a bit curious, if not concerned, in regards to seeing "things return to more normal gameplay thus seen from earlier builds". 

As counselor and as Jason, I am loving the current stun times. It's made the game feel much more exciting to not have Jason locked down so much. People have a short amount of time to get some distance from Jason, and hardly any time to even consider tea bagging our killer (the one thing that I was surprised you guys didn't come up with some clever game mechanic to allow Jason to reach out and kill anyone attempting that, which would be terrific, lol).

Anyway, after taking a short breather from the game, matches on the pc have been a ton of fun (they were before, but I feel like it's so much better now).

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

This is all really awesome and I can't wait for all the Part IV goodies (err baddie?!?!) and Mitch Floyd!

I am a bit nervous about which feedback you've been listening to (and adjusting to), as I really hope the current Stun Times are remaining. I see you mentioned luck, but the generic "combat" mixed with "feedback" makes me a bit curious, if not concerned, in regards to seeing "things return to more normal gameplay thus seen from earlier builds". 

As counselor and as Jason, I am loving the current stun times. It's made the game feel much more exciting to not have Jason locked down so much. People have a short amount of time to get some distance from Jason, and hardly any time to even consider tea bagging our killer (the one thing that I was surprised you guys didn't come up with some clever game mechanic to allow Jason to reach out and kill anyone attempting that, which would be terrific, lol).

Anyway, after taking a short breather from the game, matches on the pc have been a ton of fun (they were before, but I feel like it's so much better now).

They're probably just going to fix the luck bug and increase some stun times. I doubt they'll reinstate all the neat combat tricks they removed with the latest update. Fighting Jason is basically no longer possible.

9 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

If that's true, then Part 2 and 4 will be ever deadlier.

Hm? I'm not sure they'll quicken part 2's shift. New Blood's shift was slower than two old people fucking. It's faster than 2's now if I recall, but not crazy fast. 

23 hours ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

Yeah, I thought that breaking doors was a bit easier, I noticed that with J6.

I had a pal who said he played better too. I may need to see if he also got a buff. 

Part 4 Jason strengths = part 3 + part 8 strengths. Weaknesses look like a combination of part 2 (-water speed) and part 7 (-shift and -traps). I´ve been hoping to play "Run and gun" Jason like this from the beginning and now i can finally do it. I just love to smash cabins and do it quickly. I was hoping that "the Stoner" type counselor would have full composure, but 9/10 is also very good. They also said that they made feedback based changes to luck. Does that mean the return of good old battle Chad?