GunMedia_Ben

Upcoming Friday the 13th Update - Next Friday with Tons of Stuff

91 posts in this topic

Hey all!

So this next week is gonna be a doozy. We're focusing on bringing a major content update to you all and we're happy to announce that the new Jarvis Map, Jason Part IV and Mitch Floyd counselor will all be coming free! In addition to this new content we'll be adding rain effects to the game for all maps!

Jason Part 4 and Jarvis Map
faKJS3v.png

We are happy to announce that the biggest part of this update is the inclusion of the FREE new Jason and map coming to Friday the 13th: The Game. Check out one of the most famous locations on Camp Crystal Lake with the Jarvis House. We've even included a few easter eggs to explore!

Along with the new map is of course Jason Voorhees as he was seen in The Final Chapter. You'll be equipped with a Pig Splitter this time and three new weapon kills that are absolutely going to devastate any counselor unfortunate enough to cross him. 

You can check our little trailer here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=390mlGhyQc8 

Mitch Floyd Joins the Roster
3yL8NPf.png

Camp Crystal Lake’s roster of counselors is growing! We’re happy to announce the addition of the newest, chill dude that’s looking to spend a couple of hours alone each day at camp to really take in the scenery, get one with nature and enjoy all that grass on the lawn at camp.

Here you can check out a bit of what makes Mitch tick, as he’s coming to camp on Friday the 13th, this October for FREE!

Rain!
We're happy to add a bit of weather to the game; each map in Friday the 13th: The Game will be getting rain and thunderstorms to add even more tension to the map. 

Rain will be random in public matches, while you can select it within private matches. 

Double XP Weekend
RyAktiS.png

To celebrate the holiday, we're going to run a full double XP weekend starting on Friday the 13th and ending that Sunday the 15th. We will have set START/STOP times posted in the forums!

Emote Party Pack 1
0UYsDni.png

Our first Premium Emote Pack is going to go live as well! You'll get access to 10 total emotes for all counselors! Show off your dance moves and other emotes to your fellow counselors or Jason if you're dumb enough to tempt fate! 

Will retail at $1.99USD (regions vary). 

Additional Information

Lastly; we've got game-balance tweaks coming and we've taken a lot of feedback from the community regarding combat and luck. You will see things return to more normal gameplay thus seen from earlier builds. 

Additionally; we've worked some on the optimization of the game as well after resolving the memory leak issue. There should be an overall improved experience for just about everyone in the coming patch! 

While I was hoping for Crystal Lake to be the center of the map, forcing the counselors to work around the outside.

This map does look like it utilizes the water a lot more all the way around the map. Forcing counselors to risk running in water because they lack spacing.

Good to hear that classic Part 4 chase theme though. Overall looks good.

Hey @GunMedia_Ben the DLC roadmap previously shared said “New CounselorS” (plural) but it seems like we’re only getting one...? Will another counselor be released as part of this update or should we not expect a new one until the next “New Counselors” stop along the roadmap?

tyrant666, disco romance and C-FLO like this

All looks awesome. Jason looks excellent. Great to hear the Part IV music. Can't wait to play and I appreciate that it is free.

Not a fan of the silly dance emotes that will likely get spammed though... as if a counselor is gonna be dancing around like a goon whilst being hunted by a brutal killer. Doesn't fit Wes's "reel 3/4" analogy the multiplayer section is supposedly set in.

Risinggrave likes this

Just now, KillAProduction said:

Why the hell would i buy a emote? Lol fucking sad man 

I thought that at first but it is ultimately going back to the game so we can get more content but still, I would've paid for the new counselor or Jason then the emote.

KillAProduction likes this

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

I thought that at first but it is ultimately going back to the game so we can get more content but still, I would've paid for the new counselor or Jason then the emote.

Never buying a useless emote!!!! It's pathetic at this point.

2moar likes this

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Fuck yeah! Can run and destruction! :wub:

Where can we see his strengths/weaknesses?

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

On any other circumstances I wouldn't buy the emotes. But they're providing a decent amount of free stuff. If a small contributon keeps it coming I'm down.

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

After everything that's gone on, if they charge for the new Jason, counselor or map. They would be called cash grabs. They will still be called that now, but the argument doesnt really hold a lot of merit with things as silly as emotes. They aren't forcing the players to buy them.

Impactedmedal38 likes this

2 minutes ago, IamNoc said:

Where can we see his strengths/weaknesses?

I might make a post. But here:

J4%20ProsCons.jpg

Just now, tyrant666 said:

After everything that's gone on, if they charge for the new Jason, counselor or map. They would be called cash grabs. They will still be called that now, but the argument doesnt really hold a lot of merit with things as silly as emotes. They aren't forcing the players to buy them.

It's still a shitty thing to do, I do appreciate the free DLC.

Also the new guy.

Mitch.jpg

2 minutes ago, KillAProduction said:

It's still a shitty thing to do, I do appreciate the free DLC.

I would trade off the emotes for moving lips to go along with the voice acting, so you aren't getting an argument from me.

I guess they wanted an excuse to put that Crispin Glover dance in the game.

rizistr likes this

2 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Also the new guy.

Mitch.jpg

I would trade off the emotes for facial expressions to go along with the voice acting, so you aren't getting an argument from me.

No argument here, Just my opinion on the subject/matter....

meh about the emotes, probably wont buy them, really need to see how the game is after the next update, before i even think about giving them more money.

New Map seems like it will play a lot differently, which is great. 

KillAProduction likes this

10 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Also the new guy.

Mitch.jpg

I would trade off the emotes for moving lips to go along with the voice acting, so you aren't getting an argument from me.

I’m a little annoyed bc the team is being quite avoidant about why we’re only getting one new counselor when it said counselors. Have asked on Twitter too and gotten no real response. Usually a sign that the answer’s not a good one.

Also, based on the screenshots they shared, it seems like the new counselor (Mitch) won’t even have a Spring Break outfit. <_<

Just now, Tiffany said:

I’m a little annoyed bc the team is being quite avoidant about why we’re only getting one new counselor when it said counselors. Have asked on Twitter too and gotten no real response. Usually a sign that the answer’s not a good one.

Also, based on the screenshots they shared, it seems like the new counselor (Mitch) won’t even have a Spring Break outfit. <_<

Well they said they were going to remove the NES/Retro Jason to make him his own.

That hasn't happened yet either.

Maybe the new female counselor will come with him.

Otherwise yeah. A lie is a lie. They really should choose their words more carefully or just leave themselves more wiggle room. The road map kinda did that, but they should leave out the plurals from now on.

2moar and Tiffany like this