Max Walker

Are "quick kill" Jason players cowards?

Are Jason's who use decapitation and asphyxiation(fast version) only kills cowards?   131 members have voted

1. 1. Are Jason's who use decapitation and asphyxiation(fast version) only kills cowards?

• Yes!
    • Not at all!
    • Only if they spam those kills.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

76 posts in this topic

I've played this game alot and can't seem to understand why a lot of very skilled Jason players just spam decap or asphyxiate for every kill. Takes a lot of the thrill outta the game when Jason players just spam one kill all game, I believe the devs should consider putting some limitations on spamming quick kills for every kill. As a skilled Jason player i've removed all my quick kills and actually try to make it entertaining for the spectators, but what do you guys think?

Only if they spam them.

Those kills might be quicker but they're also the most boring. If someone's gonna kill me, at least make it a good one.

Don't fuckin choke me if a bird bath is 3 feet away.

10 people like this

Do you understand why those kills are used so often? Because Choke is the most space efficient so it's your most guaranteed option, and Decap is not only space efficient but is also the fastest.

If I am trying to defend an objective, whether to stop it being repaired or stop the car starting, I sure as hell am not using anything but those kills. As I am at objectives majority of the time, they are the kills I need to use. As I also catch counselors in small spaces, I am not waiting around for different options to show up while you spam out of my grab, I will use Choke or Decap and be done with it. 

So they are not cheap, they are the best options. Leave the elaborate kills until late-game when counselors are no longer a threat and only when it's a low risk of them escaping (open space). If there's a quick environmental next to me I will use that too.

8 people like this

Depends on the scenario, for me. If the car is surrounded by 4 counselors and I grab one, bet your balls I'm doing a quick kill. I'm not letting the car take off in order to entertain the spectators.

If I'm not worried about something else, I'll go for fun kills. Luckily, these days the counselor teamwork is pretty bad (Quickmatch) again so you can take all the time in the world as Jason and still get 8/8 without them completing a single objective.

3 people like this

I only do the quick kills if necessary. If I'm surrounded by an objective or if I hear one of my traps go off.

But if I can pull off an environmental kill, I will. I played a game the other day against some people who had mics. 2 were escaping in the 2 seater while 1 came up to me to fight me. I grabbed them and did the water pump kill on him. He was so elated that I did the kill!  So yeah, I try to be an entertaining Jason if I can. 

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Depends on the scenario, for me. If the car is surrounded by 4 counselors and I grab one, bet your balls I'm doing a quick kill. I'm not letting the car take off in order to entertain the spectators.

If I'm not worried about something else, I'll go for fun kills. Luckily, these days the counselor teamwork is pretty bad (Quickmatch) again so you can take all the time in the world as Jason and still get 8/8 without them completing a single objective.

I used to have this mindset too but I've been playing against some solid counselors lately, and though it's fun I know I can't give them an inch. Against good players the elaborate kills are too much of a risk, they either mash out of a grab pretty quick or their buddy gets a free stun, unless you're in open space with immediate access.

I no longer take playing Jason seriously anymore, so I just use all the kills.

You could make it so Jason can't perform the same kill multiple times in a row. Just keep track of the cycle really.

First kill = choke = second kill can't be choke

Second kill = decap = third kill can't be decap

Third kill = Body slam = 4th kill can't be body slam

Basically the idea is your not allowed to perform the same pattern of kills in a row.

So someone couldn't just go choke, decap, choke, decap, etc

You have to change it up. Make it so environmental kills inside the cabins can happen literally everywhere, every wall, every drawer, etc.

I think if the devs introduce a multi kill/clearing mechanic to prevent counselors from hording Jason from all sides in key situations. In theory, that could open up his space for more kills. That doesn't mean they will be used though. It could just mean the same idea I originally mentioned would be needed.

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Only if they spam them.

Those kills might be quicker but they're also the most boring. If someone's gonna kill me, at least make it a good one.

Don't fuckin choke me if a bird bath is 3 feet away.

Another reason why Jason 8 is so loved. His weapon kills are the best!

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I think if the devs introduce a multi kill/clearing mechanic to prevent counselors from hording Jason from all sides in key situations. In theory, that could open up his space for more kills. That doesn't mean they will be used though. It could just mean the same idea I originally mentioned would be needed.

More effective solution (but not cost effective) would be more space efficient, fast kills, and a bit more impressive than the Choke for instance. I do love the kills in this game, especially Part 8's, but if I want to have a smooth match against a good team I have to use them sparingly.

I dont know why they use it in every kill.Skill also has to do with knowing when to use it.You sure will need it when you re surrounded by 2 more ppl with bat when u grab someone,you sure will need it when the car has been started.You dont need it when u catch a player alone.Now...using it in every single kill...as OP said takes the thrill away.

1 person likes this

I generally tend to use quick kills early in the game to knock the numbers down to about 4, or if an objective has been repaired. After that it's almost exclusively environmental kills (extra XP).

If an objective has been repaired, then everyone near it dies as fast as I can kill them. If they ever call the cops (rare instance when I'm Jason, but it happens occasionally) then everyone dies as fast as I can kill them, whether they're near the exit or not. Rather have an 8/8 or 7/7 of quick, cheap kills than a 4/8 of environmentals only.

2 people like this

i usually see jason players use quick kills when an objective is completed 

Well just because they're the quickest/most efficient doesn't make them the player cowardly. There's a time and a place to dispatch counselors ASAP. Especially if you're trying to prevent a car from getting restarted.

8 minutes ago, Shadow_Master said:

I dont know why they use it in every kill.Skill also has to do with knowing when to use it.You sure will need it when you re surrounded by 2 more ppl with bat when u grab someone,you sure will need it when the car has been started.Now...using it in every single kill...as OP said takes the thrill away.

That's the thing, unless you're in an average lobby you will more often than not be up against a group or someone ready to stun you soon as you grab. So quick kills / quick environmental kills are the go-to. If you're in no danger though and the longer kill is there, of course it's always more satisfying to use it. Nothing beats the throwing axe kill for me.

EDIT: open window kill is easily the worst one anyway. I will not use it unless absolutely necessary because it just looks garbage. 

Only if they spam them. Almost every Jason I go up against uses those kills. It's just boring honestly. I don't have either of those kills equiped. I try to give every counselor a cool death. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

That's the thing, unless you're in an average lobby you will more often than not be up against a group or someone ready to stun you soon as you grab. So quick kills / quick environmental kills are the go-to. If you're in no danger though and the longer kill is there, of course it's always more satisfying to use it. Nothing beats the throwing axe kill for me.

EDIT: open window kill is easily the worst one anyway. I will not use it unless absolutely necessary because it just looks garbage. 

I do the open window kill just for the irony, its like "bitch I just killed you by tossing you 4 feet into the ground"

1 person likes this

@Max Walker

There are many reasons why players use the quickest kills.

1. You have to be on flat ground and have enough room for any type of kill that is not the choke kill. So many kills are wasted for this reason.

2. Environmental kills sometimes bug out and pressing A does nothing. Jason gets stuck in a bug and the counselor escapes your grab.

3. Your trying to stop a car, break the phone box, or stop the boat while surrounded by a team of counselors. Using a long animation kill is not smart. You need to stop them as fast as possible.

4. You try to do an environmental kill close by and the player has 3 pocket knives.

5. New small maps. You don't have time to use 30 second animations. Players can get both cars started and call the police by the time you get one or two kills.

6. Jason kills will sometimes bug out and only choke will appear.

I play as part 8 Jason. I use choke, eye gouge, head punch and the 3rd weapon kill. Throwing the axe into the head.

I use quick kills for most of the counselors. I only use environmental kills if they are close to me.

The axe throw is for the last counselor or someone that gave me a good chase.

3 people like this

I only use "quick" kills when, say, I'm in danger of getting slapped and dropping the person. Otherwise I use a more entertaining kill.

for me and this may not go over well lol but i say a good jason kills everyone and it does not matter how he gets the job done if your dead jason has done his job well and please don't give the devs anymore ideas jason don't need to be nerfed again

1 person likes this

Open window kills Upstairs...

My preference is asthetic to the films. So part 8 choked the girl in the club. Punched off julius' head. Threw the axe (but missed him) and i think the rest were environmental.

Part 6 speared the girl in the puddle. Crushes a policeman's head. Actually he was the only one to ever use the throwing knives.

Back on topic i think for objectives and efficiency it's fine. The entertainment value, Well that's for me. Lol

One handed choke is ( from the beginning of the game) one of my favorite kills, it truly shows Jasons strength but it has turned into a quick spam kill, I use it sometimes, but I don't spam it I use it more for areas where there isn't any room to do anything else. I use eye gouge for my quick kill when they gang-bang the car. people are starting to hate eye gouge now also.

I have evolved my play to where I try to vary my kills as much as possible. I don't keep the Choke kill on any of the Jasons (easily my least favorite in the game), but I keep the Head Punch on all of them so that I do have a quick kill option if needed (mainly for objectives or if I catch a counselor in close quarters and don't have an environmental kill nearby).

I played a match on HH not too long ago where I was Part 8 and went 8/8, but 4 of my kills were Head Punches because those 4 counselors kept coming back and camping in the barn in a back stall without a window to escape through (dumb, I know). It's cramped back there and I didn't have an environmental to do, so...off with their heads :lol:

9 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Part 6 speared the girl in the puddle. Crushes a policeman's head. Actually he was the only one to ever use the throwing knives.

Part 3 did throw a knife at one point after Chris stabbed him in the leg and while not a knife, Part 4 did demonstrate throwing ability, throwing a hammer into a wall. If we really want to go further, Jason technically threw a knife in Part 9 (while inhabiting another body) into Jessica's mom's back.

1 person likes this

Well done...i recall part 3 used the spear gun. Part 7 threw a erm tent spike in x he threw something like a spear.

Take a close look though and the knives he uses in game are straight from part 6

Remake jason threw his axe for sure and that fucker can SPRINT.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

The axe throw is for the last counselor or someone that gave me a good chase.

In cases like this, I like using Head Punch, especially for people that likes fighting back or successfully stun me multiple times.