bewareofbears

Will there be a stable version of the game this year?

17 posts in this topic

@Gertz @wes @Randygbk @GunMedia_Ben

Any chance that there will be a stable, working version of this game by year's end? I've stopped playing altogether but I've been holding out hope one of your patches would improve things but the common theme seems to be taking one step forward and two steps back.

Could you let me know in plain language whether or not it's worth it to expect to play a stable working version? Is this as good as it gets? Four months is the entire life-cycle for some indie games and we keep being told that it's only been four months and it will get better. Will it? Can you guarantee it? Yay DLC but what about the game's broken state?

I have to admit I regret backing this game. I wish I'd waited and others had too, and you guys really had to work for it instead of being gifted the license of a favourite franchise. There's parts of this game that are great and I wish I could enjoy but from Day 1 (where I wasn't able to get into a match for over 48 hours) to now- it's basically been overwhelming frustration.

We've been giving a lot of empty promises- any chance you can make one that you intend to keep?

4 people like this

Damn, you haved a bad day today? I mean, the state of the game right now is not that bad, there's some errors, glitches and bugs but the game right now is way more stable than release day. I don't know what happened to you that you say this.

I stopped playing too but is for the lack of content not for the "broken state of the game".

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Damn, you haved a bad day today? I mean, the state of the game right now is not that bad, there's some errors, glitches and bugs but the game right now is way more stable than release day. I don't know what happened to you that you say this.

I stopped playing too but is for the lack of content not for the "broken state of the game".

I'm having a decent day- thanks for asking. ;)

The game is broken. Feel free to name another game on console with as many issues that have persisted this long after launch.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

I'm having a decent day- thanks for asking. ;)

The game is broken. Feel free to name another game on console with as many issues that have persisted this long after launch.

Like I say, I don't know why you are saying this. The game right now is way more stable than launch day, there's glitches and bugs of course but that's is inevitable. Servers and host aren't that bad if you think that will be fixed.

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Like I say, I don't know why you are saying this. The game right now is way more stable than launch day, there's glitches and bugs of course but that's is inevitable. Servers and host aren't that bad if you think that will be fixed.

You're right, it's better than launch day. As I mentioned, I couldn't get into a game on launch day- verify internet connectivity error for two days. That's not saying much.

My questions are fair.

I'm starting to get burnt out myself but it's because of lack of content. 1 new map will be fun when it releases here soon but I don't think the game will be interesting enough for me to wait another 5 months for another map. This game should of released with 5 or 6 maps at the very least.

All the upcoming content seems bland as well. In my opinion I'm not excited for an explorer game mode when at least hundreds of better ideas have been shared on here alone. Everything so far you can do to explore you can do in a private match with friends. I'm not excited to play by myself as Jason killing bots either. The clothes look cool but don't enhance the actual gameplay in any way for me that is.

Ontop of that the amount of changes that are being implemented. I went from loving this game when I first played despite all the issues to being frustrated with all the changes & new bugs breaking things. It also sucks you have to wait an entire month before a patch fixes those issues but doubles the amount of new things broken as well. Then you have wait another month for those to be fixed.

This game needs to be fixed among everything else. Work out most the issues if not all of them. Then release content that actually adds replay value & extends the games life span. If the certification process is so complex then why are there so many problems? Is not the purpose of the certification to make sure good quality content is being released without causing game breaking issues?

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I have to agree with bears on this one. This game is very buggy and I get frustrated trying to play it. I have never played a game that is as buggy as this one (others may have, but I personally haven't). I haven't stopped playing yet, but I have  been playing a lot less. I have been playing a lot of The Long Dark recently and I've been having a lot of fun. You guys should check it out if you haven't played it yet ;)

1 person likes this

Im with bears here. Ive givin up on the game. Maybe touch it once a month for a round or 2. I just cant stand the same ol shit every match. Im bored.

Plus all the bugs and glitches an 90% of the players are mentally children. The game was a good idea an i had alot of hope, but its run dry.

Ive moved on. Unless some real stability an excitement comes to the game, ill probably just be lurker for awhile. Hopefully something will change my mind but until then its DbD for my "horror fix" an im dustin off a few oldies i still wana put time into.

1 person likes this

I hit Rank 101 about a few days ago, and that's enough for me of this game for now. I agree with Bear for now, we've been hearing about all this new content that most of them still don't have a set release date, and while its nice to have DLC once in a while, the core game is still somewhat broken and needs to come first before DLC. 

I'll come back once in while to play with a few friends or if I have a sudden need to play as Tiffany (wink wink), then I'll do so, but for now, I'm sticking with my girl Claudette.

Outside of perhaps some optimization improvements, I think this is about as good as the game is going to get on a technical level. They'll fix the current bugs and add new ones in their place and the process will continue for as long as the game lives. I mean, there are still bugs that occur 100% of the time and haven't been fixed four months later.

Fuck man every time i,m jason something wrong in this fucking game ,it just happend noww

Sometimes i hate this fucking game i'm just so tired of this!!!!

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

This game needs to be fixed among everything else. Work out most the issues if not all of them. Then release content that actually adds replay value & extends the games life span. If the certification process is so complex then why are there so many problems? Is not the purpose of the certification to make sure good quality content is being released without causing game breaking issues?

Out of likes but I agree. What good is DLC if it's just thrown on top of a broken game?

2 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

I have to agree with bears on this one. This game is very buggy and I get frustrated trying to play it. I have never played a game that is as buggy as this one (others may have, but I personally haven't). I haven't stopped playing yet, but I have  been playing a lot less. I have been playing a lot of The Long Dark recently and I've been having a lot of fun. You guys should check it out if you haven't played it yet ;)

I've more or less jumped ship to Dead by Daylight.

1 hour ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Im with bears here. Ive givin up on the game. Maybe touch it once a month for a round or 2. I just cant stand the same ol shit every match. Im bored.

Plus all the bugs and glitches an 90% of the players are mentally children. The game was a good idea an i had alot of hope, but its run dry.

Ive moved on. Unless some real stability an excitement comes to the game, ill probably just be lurker for awhile. Hopefully something will change my mind but until then its DbD for my "horror fix" an im dustin off a few oldies i still wana put time into.

Agreed- even when it somewhat works it's basically back to Drawer Opening Simulator 2K17. The smaller maps were refreshing but they came with more gamebreaking bugs.

Are there still invisible counselors? How does shit get passed their in-house testing and certification?

1 hour ago, Daminus said:

I hit Rank 101 about a few days ago, and that's enough for me of this game for now. I agree with Bear for now, we've been hearing about all this new content that most of them still don't have a set release date, and while its nice to have DLC once in a while, the core game is still somewhat broken and needs to come first before DLC. 

I'll come back once in while to play with a few friends or if I have a sudden need to play as Tiffany (wink wink), then I'll do so, but for now, I'm sticking with my girl Claudette.

I've been rocking Claudette as well. :)

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Outside of perhaps some optimization improvements, I think this is about as good as the game is going to get on a technical level. They'll fix the current bugs and add new ones in their place and the process will continue for as long as the game lives. I mean, there are still bugs that occur 100% of the time and haven't been fixed four months later.

On top of that too, there's still issues that were present in the beta. That's crazy to me.

1 person likes this

Claudette is cancer. She has a huge, unintended stealth advantage and as a result half the rank 1 playerbase plays her.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Claudette is cancer. She has a huge, unintended stealth advantage and as a result half the rank 1 playerbase plays her.

I picked her because she actually crouches all the time. Made sense.

Give it a few months. Dead by Daylight went through the exact same problems. A lot of the same bugs and issues (F13th has a bit more since the maps and interactive elements are much more complex)... dissapearing items, falling through maps, getting catapulted from weird collision bugs, broken perks, balance being thrown off after patches, broken patches etc.

I am not saying things will get better. But if the devs get their shit together (Which takes time! Again DbD suffered major problems pretty much until this spring) the game could end up pretty polished, playable and with a stable playerbase. Just like DbD.

25 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

David King an his battle mullet for the win!!

Weird, we're under 1% crash rate. Seems fairly stable to me. However, you seem to be discussing the balance of the game, which you currently do not enjoy. That, has been made more than aware over the course of several months from your spam posting...which I can say has been given a lot of leniency as to try to be mindful of discussion, rather than having to read new threads or comments from you that are antagonistic, underhanded and designed to cause angst and anger, rather than try to be constructive. It seems every day you figure a new way to find the absolute worst in a game that has been purchased and enjoyed by over 1.8M people around the world on three platforms after being made by just under 50 people on a skeleton budget.

If you want to learn about game dev, please visit more resources to get an idea of the kind of terminology and work that's involved with how games are made. I understand most people do not know how this kind of process works, so I recommend this link: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/. For the sake of not giving other forum-goers the wrong idea, I'm going to close this topic and hope they see my response to your commentary. 

As for being 'regretful' on backing, it seems very weird to me that you have 3,505 posts on this forum and spend such an inordinate amount of time posting about your disdain, rather than moving on and doing something new and exciting or playing other games that might strike your fancy as opposed to Friday the 13th. I fully encourage you to explore other titles while you wait. We'll continue to do our work on our end. 

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and let you give that a shot by offering you a vacation. We'll let you relax, enjoy other games and take a breather from the woes and worry of this forum. I've been made aware of your private messaging behavior. I have seen your spam posts, I have watched your exacerbation of other users and staff here and frankly I believe you might need to give it some time to recollect your thoughts. 

See ya later, Bears. 

15 people like this