ztomas1

Agree to become Tommy

14 posts in this topic

I believe there needs to be a system implemented that asks the player do they want to return as Tommy. I can't count how many times players return as Tommy and they're AFK or they return as Tommy and have already left the game. This option would give the player 10 seconds to choose if they want to be Tommy and if they don't, it would move to another player. 

7 people like this

I can support that idea. I think they're going to be reworking him though so hopefully they will address that issue at the same time.

amazing idea i've seen this many times when someone joins a game and they're AFK and Jason kills them and then i'm next to die and i see that the person who was AFK becomes Tommy Jarvis then just gets killed by Jason once again see its little things like this that will make the game even greater! :) 

I was also thinking that Tommy could get extra XP if he's the last one to survive and the remaining counselors escape or remain alive. Too often players that become Tommy will escape as soon as possible. Tommy should be the one that helps the counselors not escape in the car.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, ztomas1 said:

I believe there needs to be a system implemented that asks the player do they want to return as Tommy. I can't count how many times players return as Tommy and they're AFK or they return as Tommy and have already left the game. This option would give the player 10 seconds to choose if they want to be Tommy and if they don't, it would move to another player. 

This is actually a very good idea. Would certainly fall under quality of life improvements for the game.

@GunMedia_Ben

The current system, where players who have actually disconnected from the game are spawned as Jarvis, is just par for the course for this team. This would be a welcome "fix" for something that never should have been a problem to begin with.

2 people like this

56 minutes ago, ztomas1 said:

It would be nice.

Playing as Tommy was supposed to feel special but it's not so people have no incentive to stay. 

Edit:

I also think disconnects should become bots.

It is something we've discussed, but implementation is a bit tricky on the backend. Something we can visit again, and we are working on bots, but to have them take control on a disconnect is possible, but not confirmed at this time. 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

It is something we've discussed, but implementation is a bit tricky on the backend. Something we can visit again, and we are working on bots, but to have them take control on a disconnect is possible, but not confirmed at this time. 

So bots for people who leave or disconnect? Would they play according to their roles?

Vanessa - Fighter/Runner

A.J. - Repair

Deb - Repair

Lachappa - Repair

Buggzy - Fighter

Chad - "Batman"/Fighter

Adam - Repair/Fighter

Tommy - Hero, helps in any way possible

Ect. I'm just curious 

We've gone a little into bots, which isn't off from what you've stated...but for bots to take control of a disconnect isn't confirmed or anything. The possibility exists, but I can't promise anything. 

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We've gone a little into bots, which isn't off from what you've stated...but for bots to take control of a disconnect isn't confirmed or anything. The possibility exists, but I can't promise anything. 

Bots would be nice, it would at least allow for the game/round to fully complete.

Edit:

Or impliment a rage-quitter bonus like Dead by Daylight.

22 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Alright, would be cool though. If you do add them, have them cooperate with players via emotes

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Or implement a rage-quitter bonus like Dead by Daylight.

This. Mostly, people rage-quit specifically because it's a way to hurt the guy who just beat them--they do it to deprive him of a kill (+100XP) plus the grab/environmental kill XP bonus (+20 or +50 XP). Knowing a leave match would be giving that same Jason they're pissed at a kill credit and +75 XP for a disconnect during kill (in place of the +20/+50) would go a long ways towards having them stick around until Jason finished.

Simpler than bots and solves the bulk of the problem.

1 person likes this

I think there should be a agree before you get to be Tommy or Jason.

And there should be a automatic kick after a couple of minutes with no input from the player what so ever. You should at least move the camera sometimes.

People are just leaving their console and letting their player for multiple matches just to harvest the 500 xp you get for staying the complete match.

@GunMedia_Ben