Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anonymous

How do you stop the car when you shift?

32 posts in this topic

Like the car is going backwards and I shift in front of it but I can't stop it, what am I supposed to do?  The only way I have been able to stop the car is when it's going forward and I shift in front of it and Jason auto stops it, but when the car is going backwards nothing seems to work.

Stopping it from the rear requires you to be pretty much centered up on the back bumper. They have to hit you. You can't press a button and break the car from the rear.

15 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Stopping it from the rear requires you to be pretty much centered up on the back bumper. They have to hit you. You can't press a button and break the car from the rear.

Good to know.

I button-mashed to no avail.

If the car hits you from behind, it doesn't take you out of shift. You can continue to shift to the driver's door.

If you master this art, you'll want every driver to drive in reverse.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Like the car is going backwards and I shift in front of it but I can't stop it, what am I supposed to do?  The only way I have been able to stop the car is when it's going forward and I shift in front of it and Jason auto stops it, but when the car is going backwards nothing seems to work.

I never bother with trying to stop the car from behind. I haven't had a lot of luck with it. I just get them driving forward, activate stalk if I have it, morph a ways in front of the car, then shift to it. I generally have good luck with this, unless I start getting tunnel vision; in which case I WILL miss. Lol.

Just shift to the back of the car, it's much easier and has a higher chance of stopping the car then just shifting to the front and mashing E, X, or A.

The Car will stop every time it hits Jason, regarding the direction is going or what Jason is doing. For some reason when it hits you going backward you don't see the animation of Jason hitting the car but it stops it regardless.

stopping from the back is actually easier for some reason at least for me

1 minute ago, 2fast4u said:

stopping from the back is actually easier for some reason at least for me

It Moves slower and the driver can't pull those Dare Devil stunts... !!!!

When I play Part 9 most of the time they’re reversering so I can shift around the car at least twice to stop it from the back or if I fail the first time I try and stop it from the front if I have enough shift left.

What the others said. Just shift to the back and hold there until they crash into you then get the driver.

I think Jason's melee weapons should inflict some kind of damage to the car to ultimately make it stall. Have "Weapon Damage" effect how much it damages the car. Part 3 could stall the car in 2 hits and others would take 4 hits to stall the car.

1 person likes this

On 10/1/2017 at 11:41 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think Jason's melee weapons should inflict some kind of damage to the car to ultimately make it stall. Have "Weapon Damage" effect how much it damages the car. Part 3 could stall the car in 2 hits and others would take 4 hits to stall the car.

I always did have a similar idea of Jason being able to attack at the car's tires once the player starts the car and moves it around, which could lead to the driver going off-balance and/or likely to crash into something more as Jason catches up. I'd be definitely up for the idea, because not only that can give it a more truer feel to the films via Part 3, but this could also help Jason players out there that sometimes struggle to stop the car by smashing the hood and such.

1 person likes this

I think the car should have a random amount of times it can be smashed or crash before it won't start any more. Or have each crash increase the time to start. 

6 people like this

33 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I think the car should have a random amount of times it can be smashed or crash before it won't start any more. Or have each crash increase the time to start. 

Yes...to both ideas.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Yes...to both ideas.

Car attrition would be good. How many times can you realistically crash a car into a tree/Jason at high speed and not render it inoperable?

1 person likes this

I say instead of making it permanently inoperable, it could require a repair skill check to fix. Say the hood pops open and you need to re-do the repair skill check under the hood. The car would have to crash 2 to 5 times before that would occur. Throw Luck into determining how often that happens. A Chad driver would be the best choice considering this option. Chad could get away with more crashes than low-luck counselors.

5 people like this

5 hours ago, John Wick said:

Similar to what happens on GTA.  "Start, you piece of crap!"

Easiest way to stop the cars are as follows:

• If they're driving forward, activate stalk and morph a fair way in front of where the car is heading. After that, shift towards it and pop out of shift a few meters in front of the car. Better doing it like that because if you try to shift directly in to the front of the car, sometimes you might miss. It's easier to appear in front of them so they have little time to react and swerve and end up crashing right in to you.
  • Do the same if it's driving backwards; just get some distance so they can't see you, use stalk and then shift behind it. 

Basically, break line of sight and use stalk and shift. Stalk is vital to your success.

2 people like this

Everything you need to know about stopping the car is in this video. Also includes counselor strategy regarding the car. 

Worth viewing for even experienced players as you'll still learn something new. No exploits. It's also worth noting that the bug explained around the 6 minute mark is patched out now, so no longer an issue.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Everything you need to know about stopping the car is in this video.

No exploits.

Clicks link.

Sees "Pappus."

Proceeds to

babELN1.jpg

3 people like this

Would be cool to make it easier to pull people from the car when they are driving past.

1 hour ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Would be cool to make it easier to pull people from the car when they are driving past.

No!

Just stop the car THEN grab them. How could you expect to pull someone out of a moving car? You'd just break your arm...

1 minute ago, Truth said:

No!

Just stop the car THEN grab them. How could you expect to pull someone out of a moving car? You'd just break your arm...

My arm sure, but not Jason's arm.  Have you seen what that dude can live through?  Just last week I stabbed him in the neck twice, shot him once, and hit him with a wrench and he still killed me.  

1 minute ago, TimmyJarvis said:

My arm sure, but not Jason's arm.  Have you seen what that dude can live through?  Just last week I stabbed him in the neck twice, shot him once, and hit him with a wrench and he still killed me.  

Either way, dumb idea.

Just now, Truth said:

Either way, dumb idea.

All right fine.  How about letting us blow out a tire with knives or weapons though?  I know he can do that cause the movies.