Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lHeartBreakerl

For real? (new wallpapers)

118 posts in this topic

Look, I appreciate that you guys made wallpapers.

It's just.. really? You made wallpapers showcasing Chads junk and Tiffanys ass? Are you trying to appease the pervs?

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going through your guy's heads.

Not to mention the website now f13game.com

And by the way, I feel like having scenic shots of Jason or even the campgrounds would have been better.

It's not Friday the 13th without some gratuitous bulge, butt and boob. And in all honesty I'm sure these making this wallpapers took very little time away from working on the game itself.

TimmyJarvis and IamNoc like this

19 minutes ago, Drawxne said:

It's not Friday the 13th without some gratuitous bulge, butt and boob. And in all honesty I'm sure these making this wallpapers took very little time away from working on the game itself.

Correct?

El Heftismo likes this

It's something cool they didn't have to do,  I appreciate it and they are cool.  Maybe they'll add the rest of the crew.  And even tho the game is still buggy...... It's moving in a forward direction.  Heck of a lot better than what it was way back when it first came out. Minus the host leaving issue that has made it unplayable 'can't finish a match at all' but I would say it will get ironed out soon enough

It's just a wallpaper. I hope they do more, and not just swimsuits, but Jason as well

Seriously though, this took them minutes, maybe even seconds to create. All it is, is the promotional screen shots of Chad and Tiffany and Output a high resolution image for the public and post it online.

I don't think they put the Jason X skin on hold for this.

IamNoc and TimmyJarvis like this

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

It's just a wallpaper. I hope they do more, and not just swimsuits, but Jason as well

Seriously though, this took them minutes, maybe even seconds to create. All it is, is the promotional screen shots of Chad and Tiffany and Output a high resolution image for the public and post it online.

I don't think they put the Jason X skin on hold for this.

Why are people jumping to the conclusion that I think this took too much time? Did I say that anywhere in my OP?

This isn't an issue or even a problem. I just think it's pretty damn stupid to make official wallpapers of a virtual characters ass then have said ass the first thing you see on the official website.

Quinn FTW, BigJVOOREES and Shadwell like this

On one hand, its silly. On the other, its not like they haven't promoted Jason at all throughout the entirety of the game's existence. I mean, Part 6 has its own art, Part 8 has its own art, part 3 has its own art, part 7 has its own art, part 2 has its own art. I'm not saying it was said that they don't promote Jason. But its a bit of a semantic argument.

When you think of the F13 'characters', it really is mostly sex appeal and tropes, so its not like their promoting Chad as Jason Bourne or Tiffany as Lara Croft or Wonder Woman or Harely Quinn or any other named female icon.

I'd like some art for Part 4 and Part 9, but im also not going to lose it over what they promote. They won't win over everybody anyway. That ship has sailed, mostly due to them.

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Look, I appreciate that you guys made wallpapers.

It's just.. really? You made wallpapers showcasing Chads junk and Tiffanys ass? Are you trying to appease the pervs?

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going through your guy's heads.

Not to mention the website now f13game.com

And by the way, I feel like having scenic shots of Jason or even the campgrounds would have been better.

These are disappointing. Yes, Friday the 13th had nudity- I can't remember it ever promoted with ass and dick pics though. @GunMedia_Ben- this is exploitive sleaze. Are you sure you guys weren't trying to make a Slumber Party Massacre game?

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Are you sure you guys weren't trying to make a Slumber Party Massacre game?

They may wanna tread carefully there. I heard there's some serious competiton.

jpg

Quinn FTW likes this

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They may wanna tread carefully there. I heard there's some serious competiton.

jpg

I'm out of likes.

I really believe Gun Media is treating this game like a cheap and sleazy c-grade horror/boobie film from the 80's. Are these guys actually fans of the franchise? I have my doubts.

37 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Why are people jumping to the conclusion that I think this took too much time? Did I say that anywhere in my OP?

This isn't an issue or even a problem. I just think it's pretty damn stupid to make official wallpapers of a virtual characters ass then have said ass the first thing you see on the official website.

Okay sorry about that. But to me sex and kills is a large part of Friday the 13th.

Months ago Wes even made a post explaining why there's no Nudity in this game, cause Lots of people wanted it, so here's a soft core alternative.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

Just got off work and got a chance to check them out...

This is like 30 seconds of work - if that. I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Granted, it IS still annoying that they give us useless stuff like this when the game isn't in the best shape...Priorities.

Quinn FTW and BigJVOOREES like this

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Are you trying to appease the pervs?

Considering they probably make up most of the game's playerbase, I'd say they are. 

TimmyJarvis likes this

9 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Okay sorry about that. But to me sex and kills is a large part of Friday the 13th.

Months ago Wes even made a post explaining why there's no Nudity in this game, cause Lots of people wanted it, so here's a soft core alternative.

So what was his reasoning?

He mentioned he wanted Jason wall papers instead, and doesn't like that the Friday the 13th franchise exploits Sex. ?

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

He mentioned he wanted Jason wall papers instead, and doesn't like that the Friday the 13th franchise exploits Sex. ?

Words out of context.

I'll remember that. Thanks :wub:

BigJVOOREES likes this

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Words out of context.

I'll remember that. Thanks :wub:

That's the impression I got. Also I typo that emoji. ?

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm out of likes.

I really believe Gun Media is treating this game like a cheap and sleazy c-grade horror/boobie film from the 80's. Are these guys actually fans of the franchise? I have my doubts.

I dunno.

Slippery logic.

Lets not forget Sean Cunningham was never really a fan of the genre, he made Friday the 13th to make a quick buck and he knew slashers were in. It just so happened to help really launch his career. He arguably never really cared about Jason, only the money he made from the character. Victor miller definitely only cares about Pamela and never intended for Jason to become what he became because...he was dead.

So either...

1. Sean Cunningham was happy with the people he gave the rights to make a video game with, and Savini, Matthews and Kane were happy to come back

2. Feels it was a mistake, but hasn't said anything yet

3. He simply doesn't give a shit and he gets his cut regardless of whether half the fans like the game and the other half don't...and he still wins.

Point being. I don't think Sean Cunningham cares either way, because I don't think he ever cared when the franchise was at its heights. It gave him a career, but the original film is the only one he ever really stood behind. You may feel he cares more, I don't think he cared either way and it may have shown with who he allowed to work with the franchise. Then again, I don't believe there were any serious contenders for the game rights to begin with.

Why?

EA, Activision, Valve or Ubi Soft could've offered Cunningham far more in actual money than what ended up happening here.

But we'll agree to disagree. The only sure things are the devs aren't going anywhere, you'll likely never be happy with the game among many others (I mean the summer should've been a big enough sample size for anyone I would think) and everybody else will take what they get or go with the flow I guess.

30 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I dunno.

Slippery logic.

Lets not forget Sean Cunningham was never really a fan of the genre, he made Friday the 13th to make a quick buck and he knew slashers were in. It just so happened to help really launch his career. He arguably never really cared about Jason, only the money he made from the character. Victor miller definitely only cares about Pamela and never intended for Jason to become what he became because...he was dead.

So either...

1. Sean Cunningham was happy with the people he gave the rights to make a video game with, and Savini, Matthews and Kane were happy to come back

2. Feels it was a mistake, but hasn't said anything yet

3. He simply doesn't give a shit and he gets his cut regardless of whether half the fans like the game and the other half don't...and he still wins.

Point being. I don't think Sean Cunningham cares either way, because I don't think he ever cared when the franchise was at its heights. It gave him a career, but the original film is the only one he ever really stood behind. You may feel he cares more, I don't think he cared either way and it may have shown with who he allowed to work with the franchise. Then again, I don't believe there were any serious contenders for the game rights to begin with.

Why?

EA, Activision, Valve or Ubi Soft could've offered Cunningham far more in actual money than what ended up happening here.

But we'll agree to disagree. The only sure things are the devs aren't going anywhere, you'll likely never be happy with the game among many others (I mean the summer should've been a big enough sample size for anyone I would think) and everybody else will take what they get or go with the flow I guess.

Slippery how? We're watching it in progress. As for fan service- EA's Battlefront has amazing attention detail.

As for Cunningham, we agree fully- he made kids movies, softcore and slashers. Always chasing the buck.