wes

Singleplayer Breakdown

28 posts in this topic

We have received a lot of questions regarding single player since we released the DLC roadmap. There seems to be some confusion and I wanted to take a stab at clearing it up. I’ll cut to the chase. Single player has three elements; Offline Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges. Here’s a breakdown of each.


COLBNJ6.jpg

Offline Bots work very similarly to a multiplayer match, except you can play it without an internet connection. You can only play alone, meaning you can not invite your friends to play co-op. Also, you can only play as Jason in this mode. There are a few reasons why you can only play as Jason, with the number one being the programming needed for believable Jason AI. We’ve all seen/experienced bad AI, and the last thing we wanted was to see Jason walking non-stop into a wall and not chasing you. That’s not fun, nor is it scary. Plus we saw a lot of frustrated players that just wanted to be Jason, whenever they wanted to...without having to deal with people yelling over mics, or even worse, getting chosen to be Jason only to have the host quit out. That sucks. Luckily dedicated servers will fix this issue. Lastly, playing as Jason when you choose can really help you hone your Jason skills, which in return, actually helps you become a better counselor when you think about it. 


nvMuoQp.jpg

Some of you have seen the countless videos online of people playing The Virtual Cabin 1.0 in the past. We built the first version of the Virtual Cabin as an add-on to our Kickstarter campaign. It was a pretty straightforward experience with a few puzzles and easter eggs. Hardcore fans seemed to really enjoy it, so we decided to go back to the drawing board and completely revamp it. We redid the entire layout of the VC, made it bigger, with more puzzles, easter eggs and props from both the films and the game. VC 2.0 still has an F13 museum aspect to it, but there’s something deeper, beneath the surface if you wish to dig around. We liken this experience to a certain crazy good/fun horror demo that got canceled. However we’re doing our own thing, wrapped in Friday the 13th, and we think it’s pretty cool. The whole experience is in 1st person and has some jump scares that you twisted people love so much. :)

aynqK9Z.jpg

We’ve received some messages from fans thinking that some aspect of our singleplayer was story driven. Sorry to let you down, but it is not. The F13 films weren’t really known for their narrative. Sure, there’s a story in the films, but again, not the focal point per se. It was about Jason, victims, awesome kills and the occasional boob, right? That’s the approach we took with challenges. There’s a certain, very popular game, with a bald protagonist in a suit with a barcode on his neck. Yeah, that one. If you played that game, you kinda see the direction we’re going with Challenges. Except you’re not an elite special agent...you’re Jason. Here’s an analogy I’ve used before that helps some; If you think of the game like a film - Multiplayer is around reel 3 or 4 in an F13 movie. Everyone knows Jason is there, and he’s killing people wholesale. Challenges however is reel one, scene one. Counselors are just getting to camp, they are settling in for the first night. They’re drinking beers, going for late night dips in the lake, smoking the drugs, and showing their wedding tackle to each other. All of them, grossly unaware that a masked serial killer is in the woods, staring at them. YOU are staring at them, you perv. So what are you going to do? Well, within the Challenges, there are, well...challenges. It could be as simple as “Kill everyone”, but then you might find a challenge that asks you to locate a specific counselor and kill them first. Or perhaps kill someone a specific way or with a specific weapon. 

Since these counselors are unaware of you, they will be doing AI tasks. They will stay on their paths, doing their tasks unless alerted. I know what you’re thinking; “Is this a stealth only kinda thing?” and that’s a good question. It’s not the focus of these challenges, but it does play a part. Let’s say you spot Tiffany on a nightly stroll, headed to the lake to cool off. It would make sense to wait for her to leave the camp area (where other counselors are) and let her get to the lake. Then you can strike, thus limiting the chance that she alerts other AI counselors. Alerting others, or your target can put the AI in a couple states; low or high. In a low alert state they may begin searching in the area where they heard or saw a glimpse of you. This directly relates to their character trope. Meaning Adam or Brandon might come directly towards the sound to investigate, with flashlights drawn. Whereas Deborah or Eric might be more apprehensive, and instead of investigating, they turn and head back to the others. High alert puts the AI into a fight or flight type state. Again, it depends on their trope. Adam might run for a weapon and come back looking for a fight, whereas Chad will just run, leaving others behind, as he’s looking for an exit. Every Chad for himself, right? What a douche.

Additional Q&A

I hope this quick write up helps explain our plans for singleplayer. Also to help clear up some additional questions:

Q: Is all of singleplayer free?
A: Yes. All three components that make up Single player will be available at no additional charge.

Q: Will Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges be available on all platforms?
A: Yes. 100% on all.  

Q: How do we get singleplayer?
A: It will be broken up into three parts; Bots, VC and Challenges. You will receive them as free updates.

Q: I was a Kickstarter backer that bought the VC on PC, I don’t think it’s fair that you’re giving this away for free to everyone now. 
A: That’s not a question, but nonetheless...I hear you and the original VC is still intact for those that purchased it. But we completely rebuilt it from the ground up. Also, your donation via KS helped build the entire game, not just the VC. 

Q: I backed the tier that included the Backer Computer thing. Where’s that?
A: It’s going to be in the Virtual Cabin 2.0

Q: Bots sounds cool! Can I change the difficulty of the bots?
A: Not at this time. However, the bots react per their character tropes. So Adam might immediately find a weapon and come looking for a fight with Jason. Which can add to some intense gameplay moments. 
 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this seems like an obvious question, but the impact could be great.

Will we ever see the day where counselor bots will be available in online play? There are plenty of reasons to bring them in. Quality of life reasons in particular especially as the game moves along.

Will we ever see the day where an AI Jason might be brought into the fold in the future? I know its been said that it would be a nightmare to code and not a very fun experience. Yet I think of the scenarios where the 7 or 8 people in the lobby literally want nothing to do with playing Jason, have their preference set to counselor or never Jason. Why not force them to play against an AI Jason? If you have a lobby of 8 people who want nothing to do with Jason and the feature is added to swap the Jason who got picked and left with another person to be Jason, that becomes a problem when none of them want to be him?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wes said:

We’ve received some messages from fans thinking that some aspect of our singleplayer was story driven. Sorry to let you down, but it is not. The F13 films weren’t really known for their narrative. Sure, there’s a story in the films, but again, not the focal point per se. It was about Jason, victims, awesome kills and the occasional boob, right? That’s the approach we took with challenges. There’s a certain, very popular game, with a bald protagonist in a suit with a barcode on his neck. Yeah, that one. If you played that game, you kinda see the direction we’re going with Challenges. Except you’re not an elite special agent...you’re Jason. Here’s an analogy I’ve used before that helps some; If you think of the game like a film - Multiplayer is around reel 3 or 4 in an F13 movie. Everyone knows Jason is there, and he’s killing people wholesale. Challenges however is reel one, scene one. Counselors are just getting to camp, they are settling in for the first night. They’re drinking beers, going for late night dips in the lake, smoking the drugs, and showing their wedding tackle to each other. All of them, grossly unaware that a masked serial killer is in the woods, staring at them. YOU are staring at them, you perv.

Does this mean nuditiy is confirmed? I know that's something that was promised during the kickstarter but removed for rating reasons. Did you manage to work that out?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why/how am I already out of likes for the day?? :D

 

This is exactly what I thought you were going for with the challenges and it all sounds great! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wes said:

Q: I backed the tier that included the Backer Computer thing. Where’s that?
A: It’s going to be in the Virtual Cabin 2.0

How does that work? It said the backers at this teir could leave a custom message for the other counselors. Can the message be changed?

CAMP CRYSTAL LAKE COUNSELOR DATABASE

* Be immortalized in the counselor database contained on an old TPS-800AX terminal in-game. Set up a secret passcode to share with your friends so they can not only see your name, but also a counselor quote that you write. 

2 hours ago, wes said:

Q: Bots sounds cool! Can I change the difficulty of the bots?
A: Not at this time. However, the bots react per their character tropes. So Adam might immediately find a weapon and come looking for a fight with Jason. Which can add to some intense gameplay moments.

Somehow I doubt bots are going to present a challenge. Unless they have some grandmater AI I suspect singleplayer will be a bit of a joke. With lag cut out because it's single player I'm betting on fast decisive victories with low replay value, but I honestly hope I'm wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wes said:

We have received a lot of questions regarding single player since we released the DLC roadmap. There seems to be some confusion and I wanted to take a stab at clearing it up. I’ll cut to the chase. Single player has three elements; Offline Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges. Here’s a breakdown of each.


COLBNJ6.jpg

Offline Bots work very similarly to a multiplayer match, except you can play it without an internet connection. You can only play alone, meaning you can not invite your friends to play co-op. Also, you can only play as Jason in this mode. There are a few reasons why you can only play as Jason, with the number one being the programming needed for believable Jason AI. We’ve all seen/experienced bad AI, and the last thing we wanted was to see Jason walking non-stop into a wall and not chasing you. That’s not fun, nor is it scary. Plus we saw a lot of frustrated players that just wanted to be Jason, whenever they wanted to...without having to deal with people yelling over mics, or even worse, getting chosen to be Jason only to have the host quit out. That sucks. Luckily dedicated servers will fix this issue. Lastly, playing as Jason when you choose can really help you hone your Jason skills, which in return, actually helps you become a better counselor when you think about it. 


nvMuoQp.jpg

Some of you have seen the countless videos online of people playing The Virtual Cabin 1.0 in the past. We built the first version of the Virtual Cabin as an add-on to our Kickstarter campaign. It was a pretty straightforward experience with a few puzzles and easter eggs. Hardcore fans seemed to really enjoy it, so we decided to go back to the drawing board and completely revamp it. We redid the entire layout of the VC, made it bigger, with more puzzles, easter eggs and props from both the films and the game. VC 2.0 still has an F13 museum aspect to it, but there’s something deeper, beneath the surface if you wish to dig around. We liken this experience to a certain crazy good/fun horror demo that got canceled. However we’re doing our own thing, wrapped in Friday the 13th, and we think it’s pretty cool. The whole experience is in 1st person and has some jump scares that you twisted people love so much. :)

aynqK9Z.jpg

We’ve received some messages from fans thinking that some aspect of our singleplayer was story driven. Sorry to let you down, but it is not. The F13 films weren’t really known for their narrative. Sure, there’s a story in the films, but again, not the focal point per se. It was about Jason, victims, awesome kills and the occasional boob, right? That’s the approach we took with challenges. There’s a certain, very popular game, with a bald protagonist in a suit with a barcode on his neck. Yeah, that one. If you played that game, you kinda see the direction we’re going with Challenges. Except you’re not an elite special agent...you’re Jason. Here’s an analogy I’ve used before that helps some; If you think of the game like a film - Multiplayer is around reel 3 or 4 in an F13 movie. Everyone knows Jason is there, and he’s killing people wholesale. Challenges however is reel one, scene one. Counselors are just getting to camp, they are settling in for the first night. They’re drinking beers, going for late night dips in the lake, smoking the drugs, and showing their wedding tackle to each other. All of them, grossly unaware that a masked serial killer is in the woods, staring at them. YOU are staring at them, you perv. So what are you going to do? Well, within the Challenges, there are, well...challenges. It could be as simple as “Kill everyone”, but then you might find a challenge that asks you to locate a specific counselor and kill them first. Or perhaps kill someone a specific way or with a specific weapon. 

Since these counselors are unaware of you, they will be doing AI tasks. They will stay on their paths, doing their tasks unless alerted. I know what you’re thinking; “Is this a stealth only kinda thing?” and that’s a good question. It’s not the focus of these challenges, but it does play a part. Let’s say you spot Tiffany on a nightly stroll, headed to the lake to cool off. It would make sense to wait for her to leave the camp area (where other counselors are) and let her get to the lake. Then you can strike, thus limiting the chance that she alerts other AI counselors. Alerting others, or your target can put the AI in a couple states; low or high. In a low alert state they may begin searching in the area where they heard or saw a glimpse of you. This directly relates to their character trope. Meaning Adam or Brandon might come directly towards the sound to investigate, with flashlights drawn. Whereas Deborah or Eric might be more apprehensive, and instead of investigating, they turn and head back to the others. High alert puts the AI into a fight or flight type state. Again, it depends on their trope. Adam might run for a weapon and come back looking for a fight, whereas Chad will just run, leaving others behind, as he’s looking for an exit. Every Chad for himself, right? What a douche.

Additional Q&A

I hope this quick write up helps explain our plans for singleplayer. Also to help clear up some additional questions:

Q: Is all of singleplayer free?
A: Yes. All three components that make up Single player will be available at no additional charge.

Q: Will Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges be available on all platforms?
A: Yes. 100% on all.  

Q: How do we get singleplayer?
A: It will be broken up into three parts; Bots, VC and Challenges. You will receive them as free updates.

Q: I was a Kickstarter backer that bought the VC on PC, I don’t think it’s fair that you’re giving this away for free to everyone now. 
A: That’s not a question, but nonetheless...I hear you and the original VC is still intact for those that purchased it. But we completely rebuilt it from the ground up. Also, your donation via KS helped build the entire game, not just the VC. 

Q: I backed the tier that included the Backer Computer thing. Where’s that?
A: It’s going to be in the Virtual Cabin 2.0

Q: Bots sounds cool! Can I change the difficulty of the bots?
A: Not at this time. However, the bots react per their character tropes. So Adam might immediately find a weapon and come looking for a fight with Jason. Which can add to some intense gameplay moments. 
 

That's pretty funny/ironic how this post is made on the first day of fall. Way to miss another date and let us know last minute again. Pure class at Gun. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 4:16 PM, wes said:

Offline Bots work very similarly to a multiplayer match, except you can play it without an internet connection. You can only play alone, meaning you can not invite your friends to play co-op. Also, you can only play as Jason in this mode.

 

I'm disappointed you can't use bots online to fill in extra empty counselor slots.  Is there any chance this may be added in the future?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Trish said:

 

I'm disappointed you can't use bots online to fill in extra empty counselor slots.  Is there any chance this may be added in the future?

 

this i agree with would make things alot better , and we really need dedicated servers to this game is full of host rage quitters

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 5:52 PM, Dirtyjew69420 said:

Will you still be able to get achievements/trophys when you play with single player bots? 

This is something I'd like to know. I managed to get "PHD in Murder", but before the achievements were fixed, I got the Sleepingbag kill and the achievement never popped. Currently, people don't really hide in tents, but I could see the AI hiding in tents occasionally, thus it would be nice if I could get that achievement at that point.

I also would like to know of Exp and Points will be obtainable in Challenge mode and Single Player bots. The reason I ask is that I got the game twice, once for PC and once for PS4. PC has free online, but PS4 doesn't and I refuse to pay for it. his means my PS4 game is stuck at level 1, leaving me only with Part 3 Jason and Savini jason since I backed that.

If EXP is unavailable for the singleplayer mode to prevent offline grinding, would it be possible instead to have all jasons available for singleplayer?

And for challenges; while I could see a specific Jason being used per challenge (IE: Use part 7 to kill folks and you gotta work with the slow shift and morph) it would also be nice to pick the jason you use, at least after you successfully beat the challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 2:14 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Does this mean nuditiy is confirmed? I know that's something that was promised during the kickstarter but removed for rating reasons. Did you manage to work that out?

What's a Friday the 13th film without some tits amirite?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saying since Day One™ this game was sorely lacking in the titties and dope departments.  Those two aren't mutually exclusive, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great descriptions of each mode @wes cant wait to try these out whenever the patch comes out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Davidt said:

Great descriptions of each mode @wes cant wait to try these out whenever the patch comes out

Soon(er or later) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 3:14 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Does this mean nuditiy is confirmed? I know that's something that was promised during the kickstarter but removed for rating reasons. Did you manage to work that out?

 

16 hours ago, YaBoiChad said:

What's a Friday the 13th film without some tits amirite?

To be fair, there is a difference in ratings between "some tits" and a sex scene, and the thing that was a "no no" during development was a sex scene.

In either the dev diary or another motion capture moment, one of the guys in the background mentions the next kill they are gonna work on and said "Okay, now for the double kill with the couple in bed having sex" and someone else on the crew instantly corrects him with "Sleeping! Sleeping!" Basically, I could see it being much like Part 4 where they are in bed and flirting and you can either bust in at that point for a double kill, or you wait until she goes into the bathroom to powder her nose or whatever and take them out one at a time.

As said, there is difference between seeing some boobies and a full on sex scene. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would like to know is if we can choose which counselors we go against with offline bots, or is it randomized?

Thought it would be awesome to choose which counselors and their outfits. 

And I'm going to assume the bot limit is 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

 

To be fair, there is a difference in ratings between "some tits" and a sex scene, and the thing that was a "no no" during development was a sex scene.

In either the dev diary or another motion capture moment, one of the guys in the background mentions the next kill they are gonna work on and said "Okay, now for the double kill with the couple in bed having sex" and someone else on the crew instantly corrects him with "Sleeping! Sleeping!" Basically, I could see it being much like Part 4 where they are in bed and flirting and you can either bust in at that point for a double kill, or you wait until she goes into the bathroom to powder her nose or whatever and take them out one at a time.

As said, there is difference between seeing some boobies and a full on sex scene. 

If anything there would just be boobies. I doubt a sex scene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all sounds really good to me! Though, I do wish they were able to program a good working Jason AI so that I could play as a counselor. I like sorta making up my own stories for each counselor when I'm playing online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is we be getting this update with physical copies on Friday the 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 4:52 AM, Daneasaur said:

 

To be fair, there is a difference in ratings between "some tits" and a sex scene, and the thing that was a "no no" during development was a sex scene.

...

As said, there is difference between seeing some boobies and a full on sex scene. 

 

On 9/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, YaBoiChad said:

If anything there would just be boobies. I doubt a sex scene

Yeah, there's definitely no well-known game that has multiple, fairly drawn out sex scenes and still holds an "M" rating.  Oh, wait...Witcher 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know how I missed this thread! 

Really pumped for single player challenges. 

Can see it already: Pamela's voice "That slut Tiffany...she's been baaad...get her for me Jason." thus kickstarting (pun intended) the kill a certain counselor mission. 

Think it's going to tie into the lore so well.

I do wonder how for example Adam coming at me with a weapon will pose any real threat to me as Jason though? 

Was thinking a swat team may be included (even just by way of cut scene) as a way of "ending" Jason in the challenges.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

 

Yeah, there's definitely no well-known game that has multiple, fairly drawn out sex scenes and still holds an "M" rating.  Oh, wait...Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 ESRB ratings: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Alcohol

Friday the 13th ESRB ratings: Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, Suggestive Themes, Strong Language

To bump up Suggestive themes into Nudity and Strong Sexual Content would mean a re-submission to the ESRB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, wes said:

We have received a lot of questions regarding single player since we released the DLC roadmap. There seems to be some confusion and I wanted to take a stab at clearing it up. I’ll cut to the chase. Single player has three elements; Offline Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges. Here’s a breakdown of each.


COLBNJ6.jpg

Offline Bots work very similarly to a multiplayer match, except you can play it without an internet connection. You can only play alone, meaning you can not invite your friends to play co-op. Also, you can only play as Jason in this mode. There are a few reasons why you can only play as Jason, with the number one being the programming needed for believable Jason AI. We’ve all seen/experienced bad AI, and the last thing we wanted was to see Jason walking non-stop into a wall and not chasing you. That’s not fun, nor is it scary. Plus we saw a lot of frustrated players that just wanted to be Jason, whenever they wanted to...without having to deal with people yelling over mics, or even worse, getting chosen to be Jason only to have the host quit out. That sucks. Luckily dedicated servers will fix this issue. Lastly, playing as Jason when you choose can really help you hone your Jason skills, which in return, actually helps you become a better counselor when you think about it. 


nvMuoQp.jpg

Some of you have seen the countless videos online of people playing The Virtual Cabin 1.0 in the past. We built the first version of the Virtual Cabin as an add-on to our Kickstarter campaign. It was a pretty straightforward experience with a few puzzles and easter eggs. Hardcore fans seemed to really enjoy it, so we decided to go back to the drawing board and completely revamp it. We redid the entire layout of the VC, made it bigger, with more puzzles, easter eggs and props from both the films and the game. VC 2.0 still has an F13 museum aspect to it, but there’s something deeper, beneath the surface if you wish to dig around. We liken this experience to a certain crazy good/fun horror demo that got canceled. However we’re doing our own thing, wrapped in Friday the 13th, and we think it’s pretty cool. The whole experience is in 1st person and has some jump scares that you twisted people love so much. :)

aynqK9Z.jpg

We’ve received some messages from fans thinking that some aspect of our singleplayer was story driven. Sorry to let you down, but it is not. The F13 films weren’t really known for their narrative. Sure, there’s a story in the films, but again, not the focal point per se. It was about Jason, victims, awesome kills and the occasional boob, right? That’s the approach we took with challenges. There’s a certain, very popular game, with a bald protagonist in a suit with a barcode on his neck. Yeah, that one. If you played that game, you kinda see the direction we’re going with Challenges. Except you’re not an elite special agent...you’re Jason. Here’s an analogy I’ve used before that helps some; If you think of the game like a film - Multiplayer is around reel 3 or 4 in an F13 movie. Everyone knows Jason is there, and he’s killing people wholesale. Challenges however is reel one, scene one. Counselors are just getting to camp, they are settling in for the first night. They’re drinking beers, going for late night dips in the lake, smoking the drugs, and showing their wedding tackle to each other. All of them, grossly unaware that a masked serial killer is in the woods, staring at them. YOU are staring at them, you perv. So what are you going to do? Well, within the Challenges, there are, well...challenges. It could be as simple as “Kill everyone”, but then you might find a challenge that asks you to locate a specific counselor and kill them first. Or perhaps kill someone a specific way or with a specific weapon. 

Since these counselors are unaware of you, they will be doing AI tasks. They will stay on their paths, doing their tasks unless alerted. I know what you’re thinking; “Is this a stealth only kinda thing?” and that’s a good question. It’s not the focus of these challenges, but it does play a part. Let’s say you spot Tiffany on a nightly stroll, headed to the lake to cool off. It would make sense to wait for her to leave the camp area (where other counselors are) and let her get to the lake. Then you can strike, thus limiting the chance that she alerts other AI counselors. Alerting others, or your target can put the AI in a couple states; low or high. In a low alert state they may begin searching in the area where they heard or saw a glimpse of you. This directly relates to their character trope. Meaning Adam or Brandon might come directly towards the sound to investigate, with flashlights drawn. Whereas Deborah or Eric might be more apprehensive, and instead of investigating, they turn and head back to the others. High alert puts the AI into a fight or flight type state. Again, it depends on their trope. Adam might run for a weapon and come back looking for a fight, whereas Chad will just run, leaving others behind, as he’s looking for an exit. Every Chad for himself, right? What a douche.

Additional Q&A

I hope this quick write up helps explain our plans for singleplayer. Also to help clear up some additional questions:

Q: Is all of singleplayer free?
A: Yes. All three components that make up Single player will be available at no additional charge.

Q: Will Bots, The Virtual Cabin and Challenges be available on all platforms?
A: Yes. 100% on all.  

Q: How do we get singleplayer?
A: It will be broken up into three parts; Bots, VC and Challenges. You will receive them as free updates.

Q: I was a Kickstarter backer that bought the VC on PC, I don’t think it’s fair that you’re giving this away for free to everyone now. 
A: That’s not a question, but nonetheless...I hear you and the original VC is still intact for those that purchased it. But we completely rebuilt it from the ground up. Also, your donation via KS helped build the entire game, not just the VC. 

Q: I backed the tier that included the Backer Computer thing. Where’s that?
A: It’s going to be in the Virtual Cabin 2.0

Q: Bots sounds cool! Can I change the difficulty of the bots?
A: Not at this time. However, the bots react per their character tropes. So Adam might immediately find a weapon and come looking for a fight with Jason. Which can add to some intense gameplay moments. 
 

Sorry if this has already been answered but are backers going to get their physical copy on release day or when ?  Thanks Wes !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

Witcher 3 ESRB ratings: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Alcohol

Friday the 13th ESRB ratings: Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, Suggestive Themes, Strong Language

To bump up Suggestive themes into Nudity and Strong Sexual Content would mean a re-submission to the ESRB.

Oh teh noes! If only our plucky little game had made a boatload of money off sales, and could afford to handle that kind of bureaucratic bullshit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Oh teh noes! If only our plucky little game had made a boatload of money off sales, and could afford to handle that kind of bureaucratic bullshit...

Really...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now