30 replies to this topic

Laphin

Laphin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

If it's exactly as it was in the films, I'll have no problem with it. I just don't want a silent Jason to start grunting. (Part 6, for example)

Sometimes, just because you never heard someone make a noise in a movie doesn't mean that they can't make a noise at all.

The killer in part 5 was human, not jason.. and human's make noises just as much as Jason from other parts make noises.

It's like Mr. Bean, never really talked in his earlier skits.. but he's human.  We KNOW he can talk, but he chooses to mumble, because it keeps a sorta veil of mystery to him.  And then of course he later starts talking a little more in later episodes.

• The Arrogant Man likes this

Jonathan Jones | Professional Voice Talent | Voice Actor

Visit His Website  | Youtube | Let's Play Live!

"Acting is Believing" / "Stay Cool.  Stay Creative"

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Sometimes, just because you never heard someone make a noise in a movie doesn't mean that they can't make a noise at all.

The killer in part 5 was human, not jason.. and human's make noises just as much as Jason from other parts make noises.

It's like Mr. Bean, never really talked in his earlier skits.. but he's human.  We KNOW he can talk, but he chooses to mumble, because it keeps a sorta veil of mystery to him.  And then of course he later starts talking a little more in later episodes.

Yeah, but I expect them to follow what was in the film, not go off hypotheticals. In Part 6, Jason was shot, hit, and attacked over and over. You'd think at some point he would have made a noise during all that, but he never utters a peep. So I expect exactly that in the game.

Forum Signature violation

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
The Flare to the head should definitely get a Jason Grunt like when he got hit in the head by the axe on part 3
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
In part 7 he makes a noise after Tina hits him in the face with the hanging light and he falls through the stairs. It sounded kinda like pain or surprise, a long uhg sound.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
He howled when he got that waste in his face in part 8.

f13sig_MC.png

GrifterWolf

GrifterWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColorado

This is an excellent idea, I think it would work very well. You do have his 'mask breath' during his shift. So why not have him react vocally when he is hit by something?

tumblr_inline_nvzdfeDG951r5ight_500.gif

"Let the Beast Rise from Within"

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

This is an excellent idea, I think it would work very well. You do have his 'mask breath' during his shift. So why not have him react vocally when he is hit by something?

wait you hear him breathe during shift?

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
He also give a yell/moan when Chris stabs him in the hand and leg with the knife in part 3. Maybe if you get a chance to knock him out he makes some type of noise depending on the Jason?

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
I think they should make human Jason all around more... well, human.

He seems to be Undead Jason that can run.
  • CrazyRalph likes this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
I forgot the banana kill scene from part 4 that grunt was very noticeable! It would be cool if it happened every once in a while especially if he took a blow to the head!

Anyways is there any confirmation from the devs yet if we are getting a grunt out of the big J?

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I forgot the banana kill scene from part 4 that grunt was very noticeable! It would be cool if it happened every once in a while especially if he took a blow to the head!

Anyways is there any confirmation from the devs yet if we are getting a grunt out of the big J?

I always liked the grunting. Made him sound more animalistic. When used sparingly...in reaction to pain (III/JGTH) or whilst being predatory (TFC), it's very effective. 

I thought it made that banana kill scene very chilling on first viewing. Make's the character seem scarier. "I can make audible noise...for 95% of the time... I choose not to"

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users