GunMedia_Ben

Patch Notes - 9.21.2017

161 posts in this topic

Hey all!

The latest patch is rolling out over the course of the next few days, depending on platform. We are just now going live with Xbox One, PS4 should be later today for Sony America, while Sony Europe will be next week (9/26). Steam is on the way, and we will update when able. This is a rolling update, so times and dates are slightly fluctuation. We are also happy to announce that this update also includes the new Spring Break 1984 DLC. That DLC also has to propagate, so you might not see it immediately available in your store, but we believe things should be calm and ready to go in a few days' time at the latest. 

The biggest additions are the new interface for clothing selection; we've tried to make things a bit easier to work with in terms of selecting your clothing and color styles! 

Of course; we've also added in the new communication emotes! You can choose between a ton of them, all free and usable with every counselor in the game! 

Without further adieu;

New Stuff

• New Outfit Customization!

• New User Interface for clothing.

UI_Example.png

• Choose your style with the new swatch menu.

• After selecting your outfit, your swatch menu will now appear. Choose your colors, then select Back to move on to the next piece of clothing. Your selections automatically save so simply back out when you are finished.

Swatches.pngSwimwear_Swatch.png

• New Emote Comm Wheel and 8 free Communication Emotes

• Customize where your emotes appear on the wheel.

NUXvFjza7woS9lhn2YHTiCaR2FkxxhiwOxfuhI_hjh9jgZ7DOiT2YacUHq5ID90G94XaXW0yRVOJfRzL

• Move the Left Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote and Press A or click to make selection.

• Use the Emote in game.

xjG5CLkYuRM-FKqbz8-T-TD6s5uRvtLllcl0TMYexjFgKnyEnQ9DpCGj8H_7bFe0VbA-cT5Qd-bQCPVA

• Press and hold UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard (default bindings) to open the wheel.

• Move the Right Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote.

• Release UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard while holding the direction for the desired emote.

• The 1984 Spring Break Outfit Pack is now available in the store (Contingent on DLC release and purchase)

Misc

• Fixed an issue that resulted in a black screen when loading into a map if the player loses connection or the host leaves while loading in.

Gameplay

• Perk Fixes

• Fixed the following perks: Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker

• Fixed a number of issues with items not being dropped if a Counselor was killed in a hiding spot

• Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement on Steam and Xbox 1

Maps

• Fixed an audio issue where certain audio queues were being heard across the map

• Fixed a number of objects that were awarding XP each time they were repaired or used.

• Crystal Lake

• Fixed a number of spots where Jason could not kill Counselors

• Packanack

• Fixed an issue where cars could block the lodge entrance

Jason

• Fixed Jason’s Sense ability to properly track counselors after they leave a Cabin

• Fixed an issue that was causing Jason’s stun timer to double when being stunned

• Fixed Jason’s stun animation from canceling after he was hit again while stunned

• Fixed Jason’s combat stance blocking the sweater stun.

• Fixed an issue where Jason would be flung across the map if he was choking a counselor and was hit while uneven terrain

• Fixed an issue where Jason’s weapon damage was only being applied to the first object hit.

• Fixed an issue where Jason’s weapon collision volume was not hitting counselors directly in front of him.

• Fixed an issue to allow Jason to hit counselors through windows

• Fixed an issue to allow Jason to destroy windows and doors when swinging at them

• Fixed an issue where Jason could no longer move if he tried to grab a Counselor immediately after throwing a knife

• Fixed a number of issues preventing Jason from pulling Counselors out of a stopped car.

• Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to Shift and Grab at the same time

• Fixed an issue that was allowing Jason to activate an ability while throwing a knife

• Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to use drown kills in shallow water

• Part 9 Jason should have Part 9 music now

Counselors

• Fixed an issue that was not allowing the Pocket Knife to trigger

• Male counselors should all have their own VO now

• Fixed an issue where dropping a gun while aiming could leave a counselor in an unresponsive state

• Fixed an issue causing Counselors to not be able to break other Counselors free from Jason’s grip.

• Fixed an issue where female Counselors weapon swings not hitting Jason.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to wave at Jason....right before he kills me...

@GunMedia_Ben

So how do we view the lobby now? I constantly check to see who's still alive/dead/escaped... Did you just change it to another button, or do we have to hit start and check that way?

16 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Fixed an issue where female Counselors weapon swings not hitting Jason

This made me laugh, and also explains a lot...

BigRed, Tsunaron and Ker Juice like this

Amazing! I think I am most excited about these two

20 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:
  • Male counselors should all have their own VO now

• Counselors can now nudge each other slightly out of the way.

:

DanK and Tsunaron like this

Yes....the fixes are through.

• Broken perks should work now.
  • Jason can assault people going through a window.
  • Jason can smash doors down quickly using combat stance.
  • Other stuff.

I'll to play it to verify, but great work! Gonna fire the game up tonight.

Yay! Part 9 Jason and the male counselors have unique music and voices now. Was wondering if that was going to be addressed.

@GunMedia_Ben the scoreboard is no longer visable anymore for counselors & jason. Counselors are able to hit the back button & LB on Xbox to mute players.

Jason on the other hand cannot check whose still alive. Who has escaped or even whose in the session. Absolutely no way to tell whose in the game anymore.

I hope to god this was not intended.

Ker Juice and AldermachXI like this

So i have to wait until next week... What's the reason? Because i have i feeling we won't be able to join other people's matches from North America without having the required update, oh well :/

2 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Jason on the other hand cannot check whose still alive. Who has escaped or even whose in the session. Absolutely no way to tell whose in the game anymore.

Not even by hitting start and going to mute players?

"Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to Shift and Grab at the same time"

Hmm...wonder if this refers to fixing the abduction glitch?

Ker Juice likes this

Omg!!! I'm so excited and happy!!! Especially exxited they're reversing the combat stance/ swing issue, I could just french kiss all of the staff right now ❤?

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Not even by hitting start and going to mute players?

You can do that but Jason cannot see anyone in the session.

Jason can't view:

1. How many are connected to the session

2. Whose alive

3. Whose dead

4. Anyone betrayed

5. Anyone escaped

6. Type of counselors

7. Tommy Jarvis is alive

Jason is completely unaware if there are 4 survives left or 1. You cannot tell if somebody disconnected, escaped, and/or got betrayed. This is extremely problematic. I just completed as session as Jason strictly testing what's going on. I hate not being able to see the scoreboard. I could not tell how many people where still active & alive on the map. I couldn't tell who died or escaped either.

Ker Juice, Ste_Wolf and Dr. Lecter like this

Doing great as always! I could help you guys earlier, but I'll always root for every one of you. You're doomed! You're all doomed! :D

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Jason can't view:

2. Whose alive

3. Whose dead

4. Anyone betrayed

5. Anyone escaped

6. Type of counselors

7. Tommy Jarvis is alive

Jason is completely unaware if there are 4 survives left or 1. You cannot tell if somebody disconnected, escaped, and/or got betrayed. This is extremely problematic. I just completed as session as Jason strictly testing what's going on. I hate not being able to see the scoreboard. I could not tell how many people where still active & alive on the map. I couldn't tell who died or escaped either.

Oh wow! Honestly, I'm SURE this wasn't intentional, probably just an oversight. Expect a patch to bring that back.

Yes! Thank you all! "Male counselors should all have their own VO now" "Part 9 Jason should have Part 9 music now" Really happy with these two!

7 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Jason can't view:

2. Whose alive

3. Whose dead

4. Anyone betrayed

5. Anyone escaped

6. Type of counselors

7. Tommy Jarvis is alive

I don't like the sound of that either.  In addition to everything you said, I like to know what everyone's ping is- especially mine.  When I am yellow or red, it lets me know to wait an additional second when I run up to a closed window before attempting to open it.  

2 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Oh wow! Honestly, I'm SURE this wasn't intentional, probably just an oversight. Expect a patch to bring that back.

The problem goes both ways. If it's intended this really sucks. If not how long until another patch fixes this issue?

This is a terrible break for Jason. If it isn't bad enough most people hate playing Jason. This makes matters worse. This is a horrible nerf to Jason worse then the window animation that was added previous patch. Jason can no longer mute anyone in the session anymore. Which sometimes is needed for disruptive or disrespectful players.

This horrible for counselors as well. You were able to continue moving & performing actions while looking at the scoreboard. Now you must completely stop & hover over on the other screen just to see the scoreboard as a counselor.