Kodiak

"I found a Pamela tape!" - Post any comments about these elusive tapes here

172 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Truth said:

I've found 5 now but the last 2 didn't count. Both times the game finished out like it's supposed to. No lost connection, no host quitting, nothing. I've seen people say on here you can't get duplicates, so why are so many people not getting to keep the tapes they find? Is this a NEW memory leak issue?

Wierd that i found two last with the first midway through the host disconnected but i kept the tape. I wonder if depends on whether you escape the match or not before a disconnect and too bad i can't remember if i did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Truth said:

That and all the badges I'm missing from the early days. My achievements say I've killed nearly 300 counselors, but the badge says like 54... That's how ALL of my badges are...

That's how the badges are. Can't really speak for missing badges because tools want to quit and leave early, but the badges themselves only count once per round. It doesn't matter if you do something 5 times, it will only count once. And @ Vassago, not sure if that would have anything to do with it. You don't need to escape or even survive to keep your tapes.

Jds255 and DamonD7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I have 5 tapes, which should be 7.  I found two tapes in back to back matches and didn't get to keep either.  My cousin found one yesterday and got to keep his.  I emailed support/bug fixes and haven't heard anything back yet.  I read on here it is a glitch and needs to be reported.  Supposedly there will be a patch along with the dlc coming out.  I'm hoping the lost tapes are stored on our account somewhere and will pull into our inventory with the new patch, but doubtful.

It would be awesome if the tapes that have been found and didn't count were restored with the patch! I doubt it though. I would settle for them just fixing it so every tape found counts from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I found my 2nd tape and after playing for awhile, Jason quit (wasn't host). I went to check my tapes and still only have the one I found last month. 

Did I get a duplicate or does it not save if Jason, not host, quits? The last time I got 1 I died in that match yet I "survived" this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AceMyth316 said:

So I found my 2nd tape and after playing for awhile, Jason quit (wasn't host). I went to check my tapes and still only have the one I found last month. 

Did I get a duplicate or does it not save if Jason, not host, quits? The last time I got 1 I died in that match yet I "survived" this time.

It supposedly shouldn't matter if the match finished normally or not. When you don't get to keep the tape it is just a glitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't find my first tape until level 72, but since then I have found them quite regularly.  I joke that Deb's luck stat is misleading (a paltry 3/10) as I have found 6 of my 7 tapes with her. Tried for quite some time to see if Chad's luck had any bearing but never did find one with him.  So far I have sessions:  3, 5, 7, 8, 11, 14, 20.  My best advice is to leave no drawer unopened.  All of my discoveries have come in public matches and time of the day and day of the week seem to have little bearing on their frequency.  I was very discouraged when I reached level 70 and not even a hint of a cassette to be found.  I'm now level 96 and have averaged one about every 4 levels.  Perseverance and lots of matches is the key!  Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my second tape, #16. Again just in a drawer during a regular game, nothing special, just luck.

I'm level 42 at the moment (guitar riff), but I don't think that means anything for the tapes. Feel more like they did bump the chance rate up a notch a month or so ago

Trickhead likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i found new tape, and no see it in my tapes list.

I think I found all the tapes, but because of the glitch, I only have 10. Do the developers know about this, and will the missing tapes be returned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lostosrach said:

I think I found all the tapes, but because of the glitch, I only have 10. Do the developers know about this, and will the missing tapes be returned?

Good question, I'd like to know this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lostosrach said:

I think I found all the tapes, but because of the glitch, I only have 10. Do the developers know about this, and will the missing tapes be returned?

I emailed the bug fix people and have heard nothing back from them yet.  I could care less if I find another tape because chances are I can't keep it.  Whats weird is my cousin has found two tapes two days in a row and he got to keep his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 10:11 PM, Jds255 said:

Is this confirmed anywhere by the devs officially? 

I have found a tape and not been able to keep it despite the match finishing normally. A couple other people I know have had this happen too. It would be good to know that it's only a glitch because that implies it might be fixed some day :)

Two weeks ago they told me it was a bug but then after sending my 8th complaint they sent me a message on Facebook saying there ARE duplicates ! I wish they would adress this officially . They are not numbered so how would we know which ones are duplicates ? Still more questions than answers .

On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Jds255 said:

Good question, I'd like to know this too.

I found 19 so far but only have 11. It's driving me mad like I quit playing for an entire week maybe next time I won't be back it's maddening to me and I keep getting different answers depending on which week it is .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 2:13 AM, Lostosrach said:

I think I found all the tapes, but because of the glitch, I only have 10. Do the developers know about this, and will the missing tapes be returned?

As of the patch, they mentioned that people were re-finding tapes they already had (duplicate tape glitch).

That said, in my second game, I played as our new hippie and found another tape.

I would say that I think the higher your level, the more likely you are to find a tape and you can only find X numbe of tapes per counselor, therefore encouraging players to cycle through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, Lostosrach said:

Well, i found new tape, and no see it in my tapes list.

Kodiakd

KodiKodiakak

I hate it so much because I worked for those tapes I logged 30 hours this week so far and haven't found 1 so when I do find them I should get to keep them you would think ? They aren't numbered . If there are copies the developers should number them so if I already have it I can leave it for another player .

12 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

As of the patch, they mentioned that people were re-finding tapes they already had (duplicate tape glitch).

That said, in my second game, I played as our new hippie and found another tape.

I would say that I think the higher your level, the more likely you are to find a tape and you can only find X numbe of tapes per counselor, therefore encouraging players to cycle through them.

Interesting theory I have found all odd number tapes with Vanessa there could be something to that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After not getting credit for two tapes earlier this week, I found another one yesterday and it gave me credit for that one.  Should have 8, but only have 6 due to two not showing up.

12 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

As of the patch, they mentioned that people were re-finding tapes they already had (duplicate tape glitch).

That said, in my second game, I played as our new hippie and found another tape.

I would say that I think the higher your level, the more likely you are to find a tape and you can only find X numbe of tapes per counselor, therefore encouraging players to cycle through them.

I thought this theory also, but my cousin and I both play as AJ all the time.  His tapes are different numbers than my tapes.  I have found 3 tapes this week and only got to keep one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to merge together a bunch of double posts in this thread. Guys, just remember that double/triple/multiple posting in a row is against the rules & regs of this forum, so please just do single posts.

If you think of something you wanted to add and you can't wait for a new reply, you could always simply edit your original post to add it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to yesterday I had never found a single tape, and I’ve been playing since launch day (beta included). I found two last night. So I’m guessing the new patch makes it easier to find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 7:03 AM, RAGEVIRUS said:

Same. Couldn't give 2 shits if I ever find one. If I cared I would of youtubed them by now. In fact, if I see one, I think I'll just leave it there for the next over excitable player. He can then ignore this and make a topic about it.

I'll take your tapes !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Had to merge together a bunch of double posts in this thread. Guys, just remember that double/triple/multiple posting in a row is against the rules & regs of this forum, so please just do single posts.

If you think of something you wanted to add and you can't wait for a new reply, you could always simply edit your original post to add it.

Can you clear the air as to whether there are duplicates or if not keeping a tape that you find is just a glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid I don't know any more about it than you do.

The duplicate tapes are an actual thing, rare as they are, and Gertz's latest State of the Patch mentioned that duplicate tapes "will be fixed in the next patch."

The hope is that it'll correct out the numbers in some way (so if you found, say, two dupe tapes they change to ones you didn't have) rather than just being removed.
Maybe ask Gertz in that thread and tag him in with an @ to see if he can answer.

 

 

Jds255 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoneface said:

After not getting credit for two tapes earlier this week, I found another one yesterday and it gave me credit for that one.  Should have 8, but only have 6 due to two not showing up.

I thought this theory also, but my cousin and I both play as AJ all the time.  His tapes are different numbers than my tapes.  I have found 3 tapes this week and only got to keep one.

What I mean is that while you're playing as a counselor, you will only find a certain number of tapes before that counselor won't find anymore tapes. Like you may be able to find 5 random tapes with chad, but after that you'll never find another tape with him again, and even two people who play as chad won't have the same tapes as eachother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

What I mean is that while you're playing as a counselor, you will only find a certain number of tapes before that counselor won't find anymore tapes. Like you may be able to find 5 random tapes with chad, but after that you'll never find another tape with him again, and even two people who play as chad won't have the same tapes as eachother.

Ok I get you now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I'm afraid I don't know any more about it than you do.

The duplicate tapes are an actual thing, rare as they are, and Gertz's latest State of the Patch mentioned that duplicate tapes "will be fixed in the next patch."

The hope is that it'll correct out the numbers in some way (so if you found, say, two dupe tapes they change to ones you didn't have) rather than just being removed.
Maybe ask Gertz in that thread and tag him in with an @ to see if he can answer.

 

 

Thank you very much. It sounds like they are actually duplicates but that is not intended and will be fixed (hopefully next patch). Bonus that that there is a possibility of having the duplicates switched over to tapes we still need :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-19 at 0:57 AM, Kodiak said:

Hi guys. A lot of threads have been cropping up recently where people have found Pamela tapes. Please post anything to do with Pamela tapes in this thread :)

I have only found 2 and been playing for a month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now