Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mgeoff88

Allow myself to introduce... myself

8 posts in this topic

Bonus points to you if you get the reference in the topic title. My name is Geoff, I'm 29 years old, and I'm interested in video games, comics, cars, movies, music. When it comes to horror movies, I'm a fan of old-school horror movies (Friday the 13th, Halloween). I think Friday the 13th is a great game, and I'm looking forward to checking out the single player mode, virtual cabin, new maps, new counselors, etc. I prefer to play as a counselor (my go-to is Kenny, balanced stats), because I have more fun fighting Jason than I do playing as him. 

1 person likes this

Hello, Geoff.  Is your middle name "Danger" by chance? Welcome to the forums!  What platform do you play on?  I'm 8bitbobby on steam.  I mostly play the repair characters (especially Deborah) but have been giving Tiffany a chance of late.  It's fun sometimes just to play the part of a runner and bring parts to the objectives and then hightail it out of there and let someone else deal with disarming traps and repairing.  Cheers!

1 person likes this

Yeah, baby, welcome to the forums!

It should be interesting to see the Virtual Cabin 2.0, mmm. Had the PC version but it'll be nice to have a revamped version on my XBone.

If you're looking for new players, you might want to take a look at the general Steam ID and Gamertag thread. Plenty of tags there.

1 person likes this

On 9/17/2017 at 4:17 AM, 8bitbobby said:

Hello, Geoff.  Is your middle name "Danger" by chance? Welcome to the forums!  What platform do you play on?  I'm 8bitbobby on steam.  I mostly play the repair characters (especially Deborah) but have been giving Tiffany a chance of late.  It's fun sometimes just to play the part of a runner and bring parts to the objectives and then hightail it out of there and let someone else deal with disarming traps and repairing.  Cheers!

Ha ha, points to you, sir! Thank you for the welcome. I play on Xbox One. I played the beta on PC, but my computer isn't powerful enough to run the game smoothly, so I ended up getting it for XB1. I'm also more of a console gamer these days. That's cool. When the new counselors are released, I'll definitely give them a try. That's actually not a bad strategy. If I find the car keys before the car is repaired, I'll drop them by the driver's side door if I feel I'm in danger of being killed. That way the car keys won't end up getting lost somewhere.

21 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah, baby, welcome to the forums!

It should be interesting to see the Virtual Cabin 2.0, mmm. Had the PC version but it'll be nice to have a revamped version on my XBone.

If you're looking for new players, you might want to take a look at the general Steam ID and Gamertag thread. Plenty of tags there.

Ha ha, thank you! Nice! I play F13 on Xbox One as well. I haven't checked out the virtual cabin on PC, just watched videos of it on YouTube. It looked really interesting, so I'm excited to be able to explore the cabin for myself.

Thanks, I'll check out the thread! You know, your name looks familiar... I think I may have played some matches with you before. My gtag on Xbox is Masta Dragon.

17 hours ago, mgeoff88 said:

Bonus points to you if you get the reference in the topic title. My name is Geoff, I'm 29 years old, and I'm interested in video games, comics, cars, movies, music. When it comes to horror movies, I'm a fan of old-school horror movies (Friday the 13th, Halloween). I think Friday the 13th is a great game, and I'm looking forward to checking out the single player mode, virtual cabin, new maps, new counselors, etc. I prefer to play as a counselor (my go-to is Kenny, balanced stats), because I have more fun fighting Jason than I do playing as him. 

"What are you doin' in mah swamp?!"

No wait...

"She will be mine. Oh yes. She will be mine."

Ah, it's on the tip of My(ers) tongue...

Welcome to the forum, @mgeoff88.

1 person likes this