Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadesofjoe

JLC Returning as Laurie Strode in 40th Anniversary Halloween Sequel

10 posts in this topic

Great that she's coming back as Halloween: Resurrection was absolute dogsh*t.

However, slight shame that H20 is going to cut out of the continuity as the story set-up for that film was actually pretty good.

TheReaper666 likes this

I want to see one where Michael actually dies for good. I want it to be a real, genuine send off. I love the Halloween movies, but to me, the whole killer never dies thing gets old after about ten years of movies. Just my opinion

I'm honestly surprised to hear about this. I thought she was done with the movies after H20 and Resurrection. I'm with you deathbat9677 on Michael actually dying for good. I still think without Resurrection, H20 had a good ending for the series. With Carpenter on board and JLC in, this could be an interesting take despite this being the third timeline from Halloween 2. What is Laurie doing now?

Then again, I'm also a fan of how Daniel Farrands pitched his idea for Halloween 8 that Michael was actually Laurie in the end who went insane and became Michael. That one could've made 4-6 canon with H20 (Resurrection simply never happened). This was used in the Chaos Comics' series for Halloween which is the closest you'll ever get to a sequel for Part 6.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:05 PM, deathbat96777 said:

I want to see one where Michael actually dies for good. I want it to be a real, genuine send off. I love the Halloween movies, but to me, the whole killer never dies thing gets old after about ten years of movies. Just my opinion

Agreed

Has anyone seen any articles discussing the story line in this and where in the timeline it takes place? I hope this is the Halloween 3 we were waiting for all those years. @Shadesofjoe pointed out that it will redact all of the later ones, and I would prefer that. Hope it doesn't play off Resurrection. God that was awful.

Beetlejuice91 likes this

On 9/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Has anyone seen any articles discussing the story line in this and where in the timeline it takes place? I hope this is the Halloween 3 we were waiting for all those years. @Shadesofjoe pointed out that it will redact all of the later ones, and I would prefer that. Hope it doesn't play off Resurrection. God that was awful.

I hope there isn't another switcheroo moment in this one.

TheHansonGoons likes this

Just in case someone somehow didn't see the latest news...this is a direct sequel to the first Halloween, ignoring 2+. So, Laurie is no longer his sister, etc. No idea what the story will be, but it is an interesting route to take.

8 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Just in case someone somehow didn't see the latest news...this is a direct sequel to the first Halloween, ignoring 2+. So, Laurie is no longer his sister, etc. No idea what the story will be, but it is an interesting route to take.

That's a real shame as I thought Halloween 2 was a good sequel.  I guess they maybe want to avoid any tricky "how did he survive the hospital explosion" questions.

That would be cool, and actually scary, where michael just.. dies... like a normal human being like you and I. Well aside from taking 6 bullets and set on fire, that would be a great way to end it. Just his dead body lying there with the halloween soundtrack playing in the backrgound letting everyone know that evil never dies...