GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

325 posts in this topic

Just now, Bigfoot said:

Not so much misdirection, I feel they laid everything on the table. Maybe it's more like they didn't meet the time frame they wanted to. At least there is s general schedule of content to come and the patch should help the broken aspects. We shall see.

I think its a bit disingenuous, the map will distract people from the fact they announced xbox one wont be getting patches for a bit cause of the disc. people will see the pretty road map and not bother to really looking to the giant wall of text, 

While disappointed about the delay to Single Player, I am super pumped about this timeline guide. It shows what we're getting, in a sequence. For Gun Media to reveal that, after being so tight lipped about everything, is a welcome shock.

Also I am very excited about offline bots. I really want to practice Jason play--knife throwing accuracy, shift-grabbing accuracy, and just look at maps, and doing so without needing to find people would be great.

Plus, I see three maps, three Jasons and a new game mode. Hopefully one of those will be the Lazarus or Manhattan.

Thanks guys, for giving us so much info!

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I'm guessing we get Manhattan during "Fall" and Jason X/Grendel Map/Single Player "Early 2018."

Let's hope. With 3 more maps confirmed there's not much wiggle room for maps that have a different setting and have whole new assets. Or maybe I underestimate the power of wooden spaceships.

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

I think its a bit disingenuous, the map will distract people from the fact they announced xbox one wont be getting patches for a bit cause of the disc. people will see the pretty road map and not bother to really looking to the giant wall of text, 

It might, but it didn't keep me from reading. It's kind of a supplement in addition to the wall of disappointing text. I am on Xbox One and have gotten quite used to the delays, which is just unfortunate all around. At least Jason Part 4 and the Jarvis House is coming soon. That's what I want most besides a patch, which is admittedly overdue, but also coming.

I can already see the single player being a broken mess with retarded bots so I couldn't care less, especially since there is no story.. All I want is quicker hotfixes for the stuff that is completely broken right now i.e. windows/doors/bat exploit/fps/hitboxes/higgins invisible exploit etc.. 

This timeline is good though.. Nice to not be completely in the dark anymore so thank you.

So does this mean we're getting the rest of the content from the  kickstarter stretch goals thing? Or just some of it? They had some pretty cool stuff on there

Also keep in mind this map, is more like a sliding, if it all comes out when its suppose to great, but look at what the history tells us. the pumpkin and snow flake could be replaced by a valentine's hart and a 4 leaf clover, and i wouldn't be shocked

1 person likes this

@GunMedia_Ben Honestly i'm good with the DLC, Emotes,new Jason, and a few simple bug fixes for now...that would buy another 3-5 months of fun for me.  The single player thing can wait as far as i'm concerned. The game was born in multiplayer and that is where the focus should be, not single player for now.  All the single player guys need to understand that multiplayer is where it's at nowadays and need to be patient, whereas the hardcore multiplayer people have been patiently waiting for current bugs/glitches to be fixed. Appreciate the update and roadmap and will debate anybody on the single player thing as well.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

I honestly only expected the clothing and new jason + map. but also getting new clothes, kills and counselors in october is super amazing :) 

I'm low-key most looking forward to the new clothes.B)

2 people like this

So 3 new Jasons total so far. Bet the two unconfirmed ones will be Roy and Uber Jason.

This is great and I honestly thank you for showing this. But can we still get release dates for the spring break clothing pack tho?

50 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

And I didn't expect things to be added so fast either.

Haha...it's not added until it's (i) actually added, and (ii) working rather than broken AF.

2 people like this

noticed the emotes are the only one that denotes for sure its free

Are you telling me we are getting the emotes, two clothing packs, a new map, a new Jason, new counselors, and new kills before Halloween? If so that's a lot faster than I was expecting.

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

noticed the emotes are the only one that denotes for sure its free

Somewhere recently they said that all Jasons and maps would be free. Pretty sure it was when they announced the Pt. 4 stuff.

Just now, Tiffany said:

Somewhere recently they said that all Jasons and maps would be free. Pretty sure it was when they announced the Pt. 4 stuff.

Part IV Jason and all maps will be free. Future Jasons will most likely be paid DLC.

Counselors I'm not so sure about.

I'm a bit concerned that the emotes are the only thing that says "Free".....

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Are you telling me we are getting the emotes, two clothing packs, a new map, a new Jason, new counselors, and new kills before Halloween? If so that's a lot faster than I was expecting.

You're actually getting the emotes, two clothing packs, a new map, a new Jason, new counselors, new kills, and ALL NEW  GLITCHES AND BUGS AND STUPID "FIXES" ala window break changes KINDA SORTA MAYBE before Halloween. ;) 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Haha...it's not added until it's (i) actually added, and (ii) working rather than broken AF.

"Haha...it's not added until it's actually added, and if it is working rather than broken AF." Learn to write pls.

Yes, and? They plan to add it later. I was surprised of how "early" they plan to implement this.

@lHeartBreakerl, Even after paying 40 dollars for the game?

Edited by NoOneK9503

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Part IV Jason and all maps will be free. Future Jasons will most likely be paid DLC.

It should all be free. Or the majority of it. There's still nothing in this game that justifies the $40 price tag. I purchased it under the impression all future updates would be free to justify the price. 

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Oh! Thank you for clarifying!

1 person likes this

Two clothing packs and one before Halloween? Halloween costumes, maybe? 

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

Two clothing packs and one before Halloween? Halloween costumes, maybe? 

I thought that at first too but me thinks it's referencing the clothing they tease in the physical release trailer.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It should all be free. Or the majority of it. There's still nothing in this game that justifies the $40 price tag. I purchased it under the impression all future updates would be free to justify the price. 

Maybe a year from now when the new maps come out (9 with small maps), total of 8 non paid dlc playable Jasons (including retro and IV), at least 10 playable counselors, SP, rain, bugs patched, and one additional game mode, maybe then it'll be worth it's asking price.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

If you bought ANY game in this day and age regardless of price tag and "expected" no paid dlc, you have no one to blame but yourself for your foolish naivity.

3 people like this