GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

325 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, xlukeofthedeadx said:

Does anyone know if they will continue to support this game with DLC once everything from the road map has been released?

Ben did say this is what is "currently in the works/on the docket for Friday the 13th: The Game at this time."

So that does sound like other things can happen and be added on., it's just what's on the roadmap for now.

I mean, by the time they've hit everything listed on the map, that'll probably be the one year anniversary of the game's launch as it is. We're only at the four month mark now, so a lot of time for new things to happen.

3 people like this

On September 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

is there a reason they don't give specific release dates for content 

They can't make any date they set so now they're being ultra vague to cover their butts.

10 hours ago, xlukeofthedeadx said:

Does anyone know if they will continue to support this game with DLC once everything from the road map has been released?

Depends on how well the DLC does I guess... That and if they fix all the broken shit and draw back old players and gain some new ones. I'm at a point where I would tell someone to wait and see how things go before buying.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

They can't make any date they set so now they're being ultra vague to cover their butts.

Depends on how well the DLC does I guess... That and if they fix all the broken shit and draw back old players and gain some new ones. I'm at a point where I would tell someone to wait and see how things go before buying.

Do you blame anyone? The where is my DLC?!!? Posts are no fun to read. I think we can at least agree on that point.

1 person likes this

Just now, JPops said:

Do you blame anyone? The where is my DLC?!!? Posts are no fun to read. I think we can at least agree on that point.

We agree on lots of stuff, JPops. :)

I'm not sure what you mean- do you mean do I blame them for being vague? If that's what you mean- yea, I think I do. I keep hoping they'll get it together at some point and function like a real publisher/company. Release dates are important in general and information like a single player delay should not be left for the last minute. I firmly believe if you give a date- you honour it. That's kind of the whole idea behind building consumer trust- that and delivering a working product.

I'm hoping the next patch will fix some things and maybe draw me back in. I want to be able to play the game and have fun- in it's current state I find the experience generally frustrating.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

So I noticed you didn't try to answer any of my questions about Mrs. Voorhees. That's ok, I didn't expect anyone to have any explanations as to how she does what she does. The "Something funny is happening at Crystal Lake" is more of a blanket statement that covers all of the movies and their killers. If you don't find anything funny about an old lady that can pin a man to a door with arrows with his feet off the ground, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

They are simply mechanics of the game that can be changed to fit the map, or added to. They already showed that they can turn off things like friendly fire at a whim. Yes, a space map would be very different. Escape pods instead of cars, or calling another ship for rescue instead of the police. It would keep the game from becoming stale, which is not even close for me with the 3 camp maps we do have.

You're not getting a spacemap anytime soon

it's a bit annoying that they really waited to say single player was going to be delayed, when they probably knew since launch or close to it, that they were never going to make the end of summer time frame.

and you have ben trying to cover for the support twitter and trying to be coy about the jason being free, like that is the perfect example of why people dont trust you guys.

On 9/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hey all! Today we're going to reveal a bit more up our skirts here at Gun Media and IllFonic about our actual DLC plans for the game, beyond what you've already been informed. While dates are tentative, this should give you all an idea of what is currently in the works/on the docket for Friday the 13th: The Game at this time. 

yYSlDV5.jpg

We have some news from IllFonic for you regarding timelines and single player: 

Thats cool. I still cant wait until Sep 28th.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:13 AM, JPops said:

Perhaps if they actually honored an announce date for once they wouldn’t have to read through such posts? They can’t even patch the damn game on all three systems at the same time, let alone release content when they say they will. I know, I know, MS takes longer to certify than the rest. Funny how that only seems to affect this particular group of devs. Haven’t played in over 2 weeks now because I’ve had it with their incompetence, and don’t know if/when I’ll play again.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Perhaps if they actually honored an announce date for once they wouldn’t have to read through such posts? They can’t even patch the damn game on all three systems at the same time, let alone release content when they say they will. I know, I know, MS takes longer to certify than the rest. Funny how that only seems to affect this particular group of devs. Haven’t played in over 2 weeks now because I’ve had it with their incompetence, and don’t know if/when I’ll play again.

Actually you are quite wrong that other devs do not face obstacles with certification. One example, while it is not typical of AAA games is Blizzard. The reason is that AAA games are treated a little differently than an indie title yet at times it still occurs. Blizzard had an issue with overwatch patches and content drop launching at the same time due to cert issues. It appears that has since been better but even to this day PC will receive content first. It's just how it goes.

Now you are getting confused about transparency verses announcements. All issues to date with content has been estimates a way back in attempts to be open and transparent about what was being worked on. With that came loose estimates on completion. In regard to single player, the memory leak had caused setbacks. Attached to that was also a date given out in that prior time period. The lack of dates now are still in effort to show what is being worked on but without committing to a date before work is completed on it.

There is a large sense of entitlement in the gaming community. It exists in every community in gaming. I've frequented enough forums and official game development social media accounts to prove this is true. 

If I in guns shoes, you would receive no word of anything being worked on like most games do until a concrete date could be had. Reasoning for this is because the I want it and I want it now mentality seems to creep in. While it is good that people are excited about additional content and that's good, to me it's not worth it.

As game development becomes more advanced you see more and more games facing delays. And just like this game you see those openly critiquing the delays. Now I will admit when I was a little younger I also fit the description of the above. Now as I am older gaming is a hobby and I go play something else in the meantime. I do not need to hate the game or the devs if things are not within what my ideal time table would be. There is a mentality of "I am upset so someone needs to pay" if that is some people's prerogative so be it but it is not constructive. 

I can understand where people become upset at times but it really isn't the end of the world. The DLC will come when it comes and I'll be right there to purchase it when available or download it if it's free content. Anyone is free to disagree with my viewpoint but that's my view on the matter. 

7 people like this

I saw a post on facebook saying xbox just got an update,and that it has the new emotes. Not sure if true. If true,when is ps4 getting this?

9 minutes ago, antonz said:

I saw a post on facebook saying xbox just got an update,and that it has the new emotes. Not sure if true. If true,when is ps4 getting this?

was it the official page cause i just checked and says nothing about an update 

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

Actually you are quite wrong that other devs do not face obstacles with certification. One example, while it is not typical of AAA games is Blizzard. The reason is that AAA games are treated a little differently than an indie title yet at times it still occurs. Blizzard had an issue with overwatch patches and content drop launching at the same time due to cert issues. It appears that has since been better but even to this day PC will receive content first. It's just how it goes.

Now you are getting confused about transparency verses announcements. All issues to date with content has been estimates a way back in attempts to be open and transparent about what was being worked on. With that came loose estimates on completion. In regard to single player, the memory leak had caused setbacks. Attached to that was also a date given out in that prior time period. The lack of dates now are still in effort to show what is being worked on but without committing to a date before work is completed on it.

There is a large sense of entitlement in the gaming community. It exists in every community in gaming. I've frequented enough forums and official game development social media accounts to prove this is true. 

If I in guns shoes, you would receive no word of anything being worked on like most games do until a concrete date could be had. Reasoning for this is because the I want it and I want it now mentality seems to creep in. While it is good that people are excited about additional content and that's good, to me it's not worth it.

As game development becomes more advanced you see more and more games facing delays. And just like this game you see those openly critiquing the delays. Now I will admit when I was a little younger I also fit the description of the above. Now as I am older gaming is a hobby and I go play something else in the meantime. I do not need to hate the game or the devs if things are not within what my ideal time table would be. There is a mentality of "I am upset so someone needs to pay" if that is some people's prerogative so be it but it is not constructive. 

I can understand where people become upset at times but it really isn't the end of the world. The DLC will come when it comes and I'll be right there to purchase it when available or download it if it's free content. Anyone is free to disagree with my viewpoint but that's my view on the matter. 

For your first paragraph: fair enough. Be that as it may, PS4 still receives updates when PC does, and Xbox gets them a month or more later, if at all. You can cite countless examples of this happening to other devs, and I will still find this unacceptable. If Gun/Illfonic are incapable of providing the proper support for the console, they shouldn’t have put it on there. All this is doing, is just constantly alienating those people who gave their money in good faith, expecting a product that works. Once or twice would have been one thing. But this consistently happens, and folks are fed up with it, and I know I’m not the only one.

Second paragraph: I don’t believe I’m confused at all. When they say the game, or content will come out at a certain time frame, this is what people expect. Why? Because this is what they have advertised. Remember all the hell people raised because they missed the “early 2017” window? They advertised it, they missed it. Perhaps you see it another way, and that’s fine. But lots of people didn’t. 

I agree with you about the entitlement mentality. But I would appreciate it if you would not lump me into that category (not saying you did). I am of the same age, or older than the folks working on this game, and I grew up with the movies too. And I’ve become very patient over the years. I don’t care so much about the DLC as I do getting a version of the game that’s in line with the other platforms (at the same time), I just don’t think thats asking for a lot. 

Cheers!

Good to see a DLC plan.

Edited by Babalonkie
Change of opinion. No delete feature.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:35 PM, Crawly Creature said:

Thats cool. I still cant wait until Sep 28th.

What happens September 28th?

9 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

What happens September 28th?

Everyone is assuming another update will come out. All other patches have occurred on the 28th.

Well spring break and emotes came out yesterday, so I'm assuming that the Jason and map are coming out on Sep 28.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:24 PM, Super Ty said:

For your first paragraph: fair enough. Be that as it may, PS4 still receives updates when PC does, and Xbox gets them a month or more later, if at all. You can cite countless examples of this happening to other devs, and I will still find this unacceptable. If Gun/Illfonic are incapable of providing the proper support for the console, they shouldn’t have put it on there. All this is doing, is just constantly alienating those people who gave their money in good faith, expecting a product that works. Once or twice would have been one thing. But this consistently happens, and folks are fed up with it, and I know I’m not the only one.

Second paragraph: I don’t believe I’m confused at all. When they say the game, or content will come out at a certain time frame, this is what people expect. Why? Because this is what they have advertised. Remember all the hell people raised because they missed the “early 2017” window? They advertised it, they missed it. Perhaps you see it another way, and that’s fine. But lots of people didn’t. 

I agree with you about the entitlement mentality. But I would appreciate it if you would not lump me into that category (not saying you did). I am of the same age, or older than the folks working on this game, and I grew up with the movies too. And I’ve become very patient over the years. I don’t care so much about the DLC as I do getting a version of the game that’s in line with the other platforms (at the same time), I just don’t think thats asking for a lot. 

Cheers!

That's just silly though. If i only had an xbox1 and not a ps4, i would still be happy to have the game on my console and be able to play it even if i was a month behind on updates.

That's far better than not being able to play at all.

Gun can't control how each company handles patches and cert. If MS takes longer than Steam and Sony that's MS's fault not Gun's.

Does it suck to see everyone else on a new patch with new content while you're stuck behind? Of course it does. But does that mean Gun is evil and should never have put the game on that console? No, that's just silly.

Look at how many games get console exclusive timed releases or DLC's? We all hate it but it still happens. And sonehow we all still manage to survive. And those are devs PURPOSELY holding a console back, unlike Gun.

So it honestly does come down to entitlement and impatience.

2 people like this

On 15/09/2017 at 7:53 PM, Yobo1987 said:

So, offline bots somewere after Halloween & Singleplayer sometime after Christmas? 

IMG_20170916_004453.jpg

This is not Christmas, its winter...

Anyone that played the original virtual cabin on pc,can you comment on this? Could you explore anything during daytime?

5 minutes ago, antonz said:

Anyone that played the original virtual cabin on pc,can you comment on this? Could you explore anything during daytime?

No it was just set up for night. 

1 person likes this

Is there a chance to have a Jason bot one day for the offline ...?

5 hours ago, steve1105 said:

Is there a chance to have a Jason bot one day for the offline ...?

Anything is possible I suppose but it's not likely. Scripting a competent Jason bot would cost a ton of money which is the reason why counselors were chosen to get the AI script. Counselors run to and from and complete objectives. 

Jason would need to chase, track, utilize morph and be intelligent enough to prioritize where they needed to morph to (e.g. someone screws up repairing the boat while he is already chasing someone) also shifting, using stalk. Where to set traps and keep it random enough to its not the same game being played out every time. It would need to be a very robust and very expensive AI to run Jason unfortunately. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, ikarikh said:

That's just silly though. If i only had an xbox1 and not a ps4, i would still be happy to have the game on my console and be able to play it even if i was a month behind on updates.

That's far better than not being able to play at all.

Gun can't control how each company handles patches and cert. If MS takes longer than Steam and Sony that's MS's fault not Gun's.

Does it suck to see everyone else on a new patch with new content while you're stuck behind? Of course it does. But does that mean Gun is evil and should never have put the game on that console? No, that's just silly.

Look at how many games get console exclusive timed releases or DLC's? We all hate it but it still happens. And sonehow we all still manage to survive. And those are devs PURPOSELY holding a console back, unlike Gun.

So it honestly does come down to entitlement and impatience.

We agree to disagree my man. If you can't deliver a quality product to everyone, then don't advertise it as such. Simple as that. I was here well before the game came out, and I'm still here. That hardly qualifies me as entitled, and I've been more than patient. If MS takes longer than Steam or Sony, then its on the game devs to work around that and ensure everyone will have the same quality of product at the same time. That's simply called good business. In the end, this is a product they are trying to make money off of, don't lose sight of that. Have a good day. :)

On 10/8/2017 at 1:54 PM, Super Ty said:

We agree to disagree my man. If you can't deliver a quality product to everyone, then don't advertise it as such. Simple as that. I was here well before the game came out, and I'm still here. That hardly qualifies me as entitled, and I've been more than patient. If MS takes longer than Steam or Sony, then its on the game devs to work around that and ensure everyone will have the same quality of product at the same time. That's simply called good business. In the end, this is a product they are trying to make money off of, don't lose sight of that. Have a good day. :)

If I own a Restaurant Chain and announce on 10/22/17 we will be putting a super duper burger with secret sauce on the menu but then due to export bans in China, my China stores are unable to receive the shipment of secret sauce in time, do i cancel the event at every other store?

If i plan this event 3 months in advance the next time and send my shipment to China 3 months in advance but export bans still hold it up in red tape and get it there late, do i cancel that event now too?

Hell, look at live tv. East coast airs shit 3 hours ahead of west coast. They could easily sync shows to play at the same time globally, but that would cut into time slots that are more lucrative in non eastern markets.

So West Coast forever gets stuck being 3 hours behind on all the big finales and spoilers.

Yet somehow that BUSINESS carries on just fine.

Your argument is extremely flawed and very biased.

If the devs could get everything out at the exact same time they would. But they don't control the servers or cert.

Blaming them for xbox lagging behind on updates is silly.

I don’t think asking to have the same standards for Xbox players that everyone has is biased, silly, or irrational at all. And yes, it is on them to have such updates ready at the same time. They were well aware of whatever policies/procedures Microsoft has in place before they went into it, and it’s is their responsibility to plan accordingly. That’s my opinion, it will not change, and as I’ve said, we agree to disagree. Enjoy your day. 😊